Profile for Mrs. M. A. Mclaren > Reviews

Content by Mrs. M. A. Mclaren

Mrs. M. A. Mclaren "Maggie"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Edge
Edge

5.0 out of 5 stars Lacy thriller, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Edge (Kindle Edition)
this was one of those compelling read in one day books I couldn't put down with great characters and an interesting plot

Attwood & Sawyer The Ivy Drop Emerald Earrings
Attwood & Sawyer The Ivy Drop Emerald Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Emerald earrings, 26 April 2012
I bought these for my son's medieval wedding, to go with an emerald green velvet dress. I also chose a St Justin's celtic emerald cross. The earrings are beautiful and look like they could have been worn in those days. I can't wait to wear them.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Celtic pewter cross, 26 April 2012
I bought this for my son's medieval wedding to go with an emerald green velvet dress I bought. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Eyelevel Stardust 2 Rectangle Women's Sunglasses White One Size
Eyelevel Stardust 2 Rectangle Women's Sunglasses White One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Sunglasses, 26 April 2012
I haven't had a chance to use these yet as the weather is so awful, but they look very nice on and feel very firm and comfortable.

Hush Puppies Women's Kalista Black Leather Ankle Boots H25938000 5 UK
Hush Puppies Women's Kalista Black Leather Ankle Boots H25938000 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppies womens Kalista boot, 9 Feb 2012
I love these boots. Unfortunately I ordered a size too big (my former size post foot operation) as I have always been told that boots and trainers need to be a size bigger. The good thing, though, is that I can wear my special insoles in them without cramping my feet at all, and to make them a more snug fit I am planning on wearing very thick socks - it is winter after all! Even though my heels move up and down in them, they're comfortable. I could have returned them for a smaller size, but then it's a gamble whether the smaller ones would then be too small for my insoles. Last time I bought a pair of boots via Amazon, which unfortunately I couldn't even get my foot into as they were so narrow, it could me £9 to return them!!! I thought returns were meant to be free so I'm reluctant to order footwear now!

Geox Women's D Marian N Black Special Occasion Heels D13N3N46C9999 4.5 UK, 37.5 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Geox womens shoes, 9 Feb 2012
I have purchased shoes from this company before when I was living in Germany. They were the most comfortable, quality shoes I could buy. I have a foot problem and post operation my previous Geox shoes were the only ones that I could wear comfortably. Since my operation I cannot wear heels for too long, but I've bought these for "special occasions" when I know I won't be on my feet much! They fit perfectly and look very smart.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Starlite bridal evening dress shoes, 9 Feb 2012
The colour and material of these shoes is gorgeous. However, I did not appreciate when I bought them that they have NO left and right, you have to decide which to wear on what foot and "mould them" to your feet. I didn't realise when I bought them that there were instructions inside as to how to mould them to you, and I contacted the company immediately because there at seams at the top of the toes where the sole joins the upper, and the shoes for some reason all (see picture) seem to dent in at this point. This in itself isn't so awful, but one of the shoes in particular I found too uncomfortable to keep on as the join in the seams was sticking up and digging in my toes!

I was reluctant to return the shoes as they match almost perfectly to a dress I'm wearing to my son's wedding, and the shoes look perfect for the colour and for "period dress". I wondered if I could return them for a replacement but didn't want to do this either unless I could be reasonably sure that they're not all made this way.

My email to the company was answered within 24 hours, which was good, but unfortunately the person who responded had no idea what I could do about the shoe as it was a first. He said "give me 24 hours and I'll sort this out for you" and that was over 3 weeks ago!

In the meantime I have decided to wet my feet and mould the shoes to fit my feet perfectly, hoping that with wear (if I can stand it), the seam will settle. Otherwise I'll simply not dance at the wedding!

Bronx Half-Boots (UK: 4.5 / EU: 37, black)
Bronx Half-Boots (UK: 4.5 / EU: 37, black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bronx half boot, 3 Jan 2012
These boots appeared to be very good quality, but unfortunately I couldn't even get my left foot in the boot at all as they are quite a narrow fit, so I had to return them. I also had to pay for the return which cost me £9!!!!

Black - Men's Medieval Shirt Victorian Steam Punk Gothic LARP Whitby Festival Size L-XL
Offered by DangerousfX

5.0 out of 5 stars Medieval parchment shirt, 3 Jan 2012
I bought this shirt for my son to wear for his wedding. It fits him perfectly and appears to be very good quality.

1 x roll of Translucent Crystal Elastic Stretchy Beading Cord String/Thread 0.6mm thickness.
Offered by The Bead and Button Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Stretch Magic, 25 Aug 2011
Does exactly what it says! It stretches and it threads very easily through beads. It has plenty of "give" and is easy to tie knots in.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4