Profile for Mark Macrae > Reviews

Content by Mark Macrae

Mark Macrae "markyboy" (Edinburgh, UK)

Transcend 8 GB Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card (TS8GUSDC6)
Transcend 8 GB Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card (TS8GUSDC6)
Offered by elevenfirst

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memory card, 22 Mar. 2010
I bought this memory card as an upgrade for my HTC Hero / T-Mobile G2 Touch phone.
It's a great card. I specifically bought a Class 6 card for the speed and it seems to be performing very well.

The Script
The Script

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 8 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Script (Audio CD)
This has got to be my favourite cd of the year!
Great melodies, great lyrics and great song composition and while there may be a lot of very obvious influences coming through in some of the songs it's still a great listen and a worthy addition to my music collection.

Philips SBA290/05 - Portable Speaker System
Philips SBA290/05 - Portable Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers! Great Price!, 11 Sept. 2008
Having bucked the trend and bought a Sony MP3 player (for the far superior battery life) I was disappointed that even Sony themselves do not make a relatively low priced dock / speakers for their own players but do make Ipod compatible ones (?! - go figure).

I searched everywhere for a decent set of small speakers to use in the kitchen and having read a few reviews I decided upon these ones from Philips and boy am I glad I did!

For the size and price I am genuinely blown away by the quality of this unit. The sound is crystal clear when playing tracks ripped at 128kbs.

Let's face it you won't be replacing your home stereo with these but they are well worth the money if you want to listen in the kitchen or on the move. They take 6 AAA batteries which I've not tried yet but the included mains adaptor is a handy addition as is the travel pouch. The standard 3.5mm jack is on a rather short cable but that tidys away inside the battery compartment when they're not in use - clever, simple design.