Profile for Tammy Stevens > Reviews

Content by Tammy Stevens

Tammy Stevens "Ne1cdamo" (York, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible with Laser, 31 Aug 2012
Description states these work with laser but they DO NOT....

In inkjet they are fine but in laser the toner doesn't stick and comes off looking like sticky coloured glue.... Tried 3 sheets and all the same....

AVOID

Samsung UE40ES6710 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D Smart TV with Built-in Wi-Fi - White (New for 2012)

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Small Steps forward and a GIANT Step backwards, 25 Jun 2012
I've had this white TV in my bedroom for the past three models, the C series, D series and now the E series.

My MAIN reason for upgrading this time round was I wanted the Netflix app which thankfully is now present, I was also getting frustrated with the time it takes to load the TV guide on the older model.

Both of these are resolved, the TV guide has the programs up within a couple of seconds.

Everything also feels newer and fresher, some new apps and features are also there, am slightly dissapointed some can't be deleted but I can just about live with that....

So why 2 stars???

This is a multimedia TV, I use this to watch all the movies on my NAS which is downstairs. It plays most files fine BUT they have removed the option to Pause, reqind, foward etc.... the previous model had a really slick pop up menu that allowed all these features and more but I am beyond dissapointed with this. I emailed samsung about it and 3 weeks on only a auto responder, no actual reply. What a waste.... I was thinking about upgrading our downstairs TV too but am not going to bother now....
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2012 11:02 PM GMT

30cm History World Globe
30cm History World Globe

1.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the colour advertised, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: 30cm History World Globe (Toy)
Description states this is Pink but it's not...

You get what's pictured, the green one

I bought for a christmas present for my Neice but it's now going to my nephew

Would have got 5 stars but given it's not as advertised it's getting 1
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2012 8:21 PM BST

BabyDan Flexi Fit Metal Safety Gate (White/Silver)
BabyDan Flexi Fit Metal Safety Gate (White/Silver)
Offered by BabySecurity

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value but poor instructions, 18 Mar 2012
After purchasing the lindam Easy Fit and not being satisfied I came accross this and thought it was perfect for our needs.

We decided to change to a wall fixed method so that the opening once opened was the full width of the hallway/stairs.

I bought two of these one for upstairs and one for down, the downstairs one took me about 2 hours due to the extremely poor instructions and over-complicated connections, had they been labelled better it would have been much easier.

They do provide templates for the fixings but fail to tell you which template is for the hinge side and which is for the opening side so i had to assemble the whole thing off the whole to try and figure it out. (The shortest template is the fr the hinge side and the longer one for the opening side).

It also has clips to stop to make the door only open one way but again fails to explain in the manual what these are for and even that they are optional if you want it to open both ways (as we did upstairs).

The second gate however took me less than 15 mins to fit and I had knew how to fit it

Other issues are that they fail to provide Rawl plugs which I thought was extremely tight.

BUT WHY 5 STARS?
Yes the instructions are poor but I felt the product itself was of a very high quality and the finsihed result is excellent, it's VERY sturdy once locked in position whh is a lot more than can be said about the lindam easy fit.

If your not a competent DIYer then my advice is don't buy this, but if you can figure things out then this is great

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars What were they thinking?, 13 Jan 2012
This stereo looks great, sounds great and is easy to use.

BUT the remote is basic and should be better AND WHY is there no rear AUX input? I wanted to conect my record deck to it and also my PC but for both cases I need to use a front mounted 3.5mm jack instead of rear AUX inputs. This is so wrong.....

Pulse
Pulse

1.0 out of 5 stars Why have they changed this?, 20 Dec 2011
This review is from: Pulse (Audio CD)
I bought this years ago when it came out and the packaging was part of the attraction. Cardboard sleeve and flashing LED's etc.... All adds to the spectacle.

Now it comes in a basic plastic case

Rubbish
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2014 5:16 PM BST

Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360)
Need for Speed: The Run (Xbox 360)
Offered by Springwood Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Need for Speed Yet, 18 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have know idea what game the other reviewers are playing but it can't be the run....

There are a few bad points... ie the beginning sequence makes you push a bunch of buttons to escape a car, very tedious and a video would have done. Also the crashes are good but you only ever see the damage to your own car and so no satifaction destoying a camper van on the way to their jollies... The pop ups giving you info 'ie pull into a petrol station to change your car' seem to come at the worst polissble time, the only times I seem to crash are right after those bloody pop ups which thank fully are only about once per race and will hopefully stop once I've got further (3 hours into playing). My final niggle is the story line, so you escape from a car and get spotted on the run, so surely the idea is your on the run? but wait now your racing against 200 other cars, confusing and not fitting to the title and game... Oh and the Music score is pants

HOWEVER, the gameplay, graphics, controls, cars, tracks etc are STUNNING, I own a PS3 and a 360 and can hands down say I have had more fun with this than any other racing game, PERIOD, beats GT, Forza, Dirt etc etc, the graphics are stunning, the cars are gleaming and every detail is there.... I am blown away by this game....

The whole point of a game for me is to be immersed and enjoy myself and that is what this gives, it's not like GT and F1 where you need days of playing to perfect the driving skills, this is a get it out the box and play type of game, no experience required to win first time kinda thing..... Great for a Friday night when you've finsihed work and just want to kick some A$$.

And to think I got this on pre-order from Amazon for £24.99 makes me even happier (37.99 on the day of release).

Great Job, Recommend
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2012 1:03 PM BST

Need for Speed: The Run (PS3)
Need for Speed: The Run (PS3)
Offered by Digitalville UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Need for Speed Yet, 18 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

HOWEVER, the gameplay, graphics, controls, cars, tracks etc are STUNNING, I own a PS3 and a 360 and can hands down say I have had more fun with this than any other racing game, PERIOD, beats GT, Forza, Dirt, F1 etc etc, the graphics are stunning, the cars are gleaming and every detail is there.... I am blown away by this game....

The whole point of a game for me is to be immersed and enjoy myself and that is what this gives, it's not like GT and F1 where you need days of playing to perfect the driving skills, this is a get it out the box and play type of game, no experience required to win first time..... Great for a Friday night when you've finsihed work and just want to kick some A$$.

Great Job, Recommend
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2012 1:20 PM BST

SONY ERICSSON XPERIA PLAY FROSTED ARMOUR SHELL CASE / COVER / GEL / SKIN BLACK EDGED- CLEAR BACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as impressed, 21 Oct 2011
I'm not as impressed as others have been, these are very cheaply made and has scratched my phone putting it on.

Am looking for a rubber alternative now

APC Pro 1500 230V Power Saving Back UPS
APC Pro 1500 230V Power Saving Back UPS

2.0 out of 5 stars Be Warned, 14 Sep 2011
Whilst this is a great product it is not a 10 socket UPS.

It's 5 Sockets UPS and the other 5 are just surge protected, pointless
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2014 6:08 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4