Profile for Rose Waterford > Reviews

Karlsson Vintage Glass Wall Clock, Pastel Green
Karlsson Vintage Glass Wall Clock, Pastel Green
Offered by Urban Gifts
Price: 21.00

4.0 out of 5 stars More turquoise than pastel green... but still good, 26 Mar 2014
Nice solid glass clock. The numerals are a bit more shiny silver than I expected, but still look good. I couldn't decide between the yellow (which another reviewer said was green) and this one, but although it is definitely more on the blue than green side (to my eyes) it is a lovely colour and I am happy with it. The shininess makes it not really a vintage looking clock in my view, but the shape is very good and what I wanted. So, a modern take on vintage. It arrived in a box within a box, very well packaged. It is made in China. Prompt delivery.

Heidi Chocolate Gourmette Cocoa and Coffee 100 g (Pack of 3)
Heidi Chocolate Gourmette Cocoa and Coffee 100 g (Pack of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, 22 Mar 2014
I thought this would be a strong, deep tasting chocolate/coffee bar. Instead, it's strangely bland, more like children's chocolate - lacking depth or richness. Hardly any coffee depth at all. And much too sweet for my taste. Disappointed. I am veering on the generous side giving it 3 stars - perhaps it is just my taste buds, but it's not for me.

Camp Coffee Single Coaster
Camp Coffee Single Coaster
Offered by Collectiblegiftsonline
Price: 2.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Camper, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Camp Coffee Single Coaster
Bought for a fan of Camp Coffee. They were very pleased with it. Bought a few others in the range. The only thing I would say is they are really just decorative, as will get stained easily if used. Shame they can't be made with a protective surface.

GASTON BUSSIERE Romeo and Juliet Reproduction Poster on 200gsm A3 Satin Art Card
Offered by Stones Art Emporium
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars French art nouveau style unusual theatrical theme poster, 19 Dec 2013
Very pleased with this good quality poster, which I have put in off white driftwood style frame to add to art nouveau French look of dining room. The seller very kindly included a complimentary poster with another Shakespearean theme - perfect!

Ian Snow Pressed Glass Candlestick, Amber
Ian Snow Pressed Glass Candlestick, Amber

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage look candlesticks, 19 Dec 2013
These really look the part and are made of solid glass. For once they looked exactly as I imagined and hoped they would. Price very good - I have seen similar elsewhere much more expensive. They give a vintage, glam look to my dining table without being shiny (it's a matt finish glass). The amber colour is lovely, a pale muted gold. Thank you Ian Snow. Love your real life shop in Machynlleth, and how nice can now order online too.

Coaster - 'Just plain evil without my coffee'
Coaster - 'Just plain evil without my coffee'
Offered by KitschaGoGo Ltd
Price: 2.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Cofee loving friend loved it!, 19 Dec 2013
Ideal little gift to send to friends abroad as lightweight and easily packed. Chose this one (surprisingly) for coffee lover, and she loves it!

Tailored Frames - Shabby Chic Driftwood Picture and Photo Frames - A3 (42 x 29.7cm)
Offered by Tailored Frames
Price: 19.39

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT shabby chic, NOT driftwood - it is laminate!, 27 Nov 2013
Product not as described and nothing like the picture which indicated (and said in the description) distressed driftwood. It is basically laminate. I cannot be bothered going thorugh the hassle and time involved of returning it. It was supposed to be for a wedding picture but there is no way I would use this. I will go and buy from craftsmen. Should have known at this price I suppose but still no excuse for false description - every word in the title is wrong. even the colour is different from the photo. So I will do my best with my own painting and sanding skills to try to make it look 'distressed' though if I'd known I would have bought any cheap old frame from a junkshop and just done the work myself from the beginning.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2013 1:12 PM GMT

French Vintage Style Distressed Carved Round Wall Mirror Bevelled Glass
French Vintage Style Distressed Carved Round Wall Mirror Bevelled Glass
Offered by The Little Home and Garden Shop
Price: 45.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive mirror, accurate photo and description, 5 Nov 2013
This is a very attractive mirror at a good price. OK, it is not a solid antique, but I find the light weight is an advantage, as I always have a fear of heavy mirrors crashing. The carved wood frame looks delicate and is in French art nouveau style. The bevelling gives depth to the mirror. I personally am going to add a hint of gold here and there to the finish because of the room it's in, but if it was going in a different room I would leave as it is. I think it's a versatile mirror that would look good in most rooms: mine is in the dining room, but it would look great in a living room, bedroom or hall, and as I mention it is easy to customise if you wanted to add a hint of another colour to the finish. I am pleased I chose this over more ornate and highly gilded options. It's an easy to live with mirror and will not clash with my pictures and furniture. Kind of easy shabby chic, French style.

Espresso Tales: The Latest from 44 Scotland Street
Espresso Tales: The Latest from 44 Scotland Street
by Alexander McCall Smith
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Bruce, 11 July 2013
Possibly my favourite of the Scotland Street tales, as some can tend just a little to mawkishness, but not this! The Bruce scenarios are laugh out loud for me: and there are some painfully funny exchanges between Bertie and Dr Fairbairn, as usual. Fantastic characterisation generally, even of those not in the 'main cast': Lard O'Connor in Glasgow springs very much to mind! Very few comic novels actually make me laugh so this has to be 5 stars. My most re-read of the Scotland Street series - it's a tonic. I bought this copy as I'd given my original to a friend, knowing how much she'd love it.

Red Guide - North Wales ( Southern Section ) Aberystwyth, Towyn, Barmouth, Criccieth, Pwllheli, Llangollen
by Red Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Very prompt delivery, 11 July 2013
This was a gift so I haven't seen it myself, but the recipient was very pleased, and it arrived quickly. These guides are fascinating if you're interested in maps and social history.

Page: 1 | 2