Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for E. Howarth > Reviews

Content by E. Howarth

E. Howarth (Midlands, UK)

Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the Sanctuary Dressing recipe alone!, 23 July 2011
I had never successfully made anything with quinoa until this book, but the recipes I've tried have shown me that I actually like the stuff! The Sanctuary dressing is now a permanent fixture in my fridge, it is incredibly quick to make and infinitely customisable (I added half a tub of olives to the latest version - so good, although maybe not quite as fat reduced now!).

So far I've made seven or eight recipes from this, and the only one I have been a bit iffy on was the cornbread, as I found it a bit odd to have such a sweet bread that also had onion flavour, if I made it again I'd either leave out the spring onions or the agave.

Simply Pretty Beading: Adorn Yourself with Over 20 Unique Designs for Sparkling Necklaces, Rings and More
by Patricia Ducerf

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 8 Mar. 2010
This evening I have made the 'Delightfully chic' bracelet (middle right picture on the cover), which apparently requires 36 bugle beads and an undefined number of seed beads (no size given). Although I have quite small wrists it ended up with 42 bugles and is still on the snug side! This project has one star at the top, so presumably it's designed for a beginner, who would probably be quite disappointed to follow the instructions to the letter and then find it didn't fit.

There are a couple of pretty designs in the rest of the book, but I wouldn't bother with most of them, especially as none are pictured on a model so it's difficult to sense what they look like when worn.

It seems to be aimed at young teens, but little indication is given of this on the cover, and information about some basic equipment (e.g. what is a jump ring?) is not given.

All in all, I'm glad I borrowed this from the library, rather than shelling out any cash for it.

How to Cook Everything: Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food
How to Cook Everything: Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food
by Mark Bittman

5.0 out of 5 stars Really very useful, and an enjoyable read!, 20 Dec. 2009
I enjoy reading most of the many cookbooks I own, but it's rare for me to to have made more than two recipes from any of them. Okay, I've only made about five directly from this one, but it's inspired me to experiment with ingredients I hadn't touched before, and give ones I'd dismissed previously a second try.

This is probably the most useful all round cookbook I own at the moment. Vegan desserts are under-represented, but otherwise it's very good for vegan dishes too, suggesting alterations in many cases. There is something for everyone in here though, it'd be a useful addition to any kitchen.