Profile for John B > Reviews

Content by John B

John B "in Colchester" (Essex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Haunted From Within (BOOK ONE) Maciek's Story : A Mystery & Detective Paranormal Action & Adventure Medical Thriller Conspiracy: 22nd October 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, 21 Nov 2013
Ian's description of the thought processes of a killer enjoying his actions was too much for me and I couldn't finish the book.
I enjoyed his book about the cloning of Jesus from blood found on the 'Crown of Thorns' so much and was very disappointed by Maciek's Story.

Crown of Thorns - The Race To Clone Jesus Christ :  (BOOK TWO): The sequel to Book One
Crown of Thorns - The Race To Clone Jesus Christ : (BOOK TWO): The sequel to Book One

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes You Think!, 21 Nov 2013
It does make one wonder whether it could happen and if so what the consequences would be. I liked the way Ian Irvine linked the story with parts of Revelations (the final book in the Christian bible). It would be interesting to carry the story a bit further into Jesus' adult life and his eventual meeting with the 'other clone'. I have to hope all would be well!

BAC 50, Benzalkonium chloride, biocide - 5 Litres
BAC 50, Benzalkonium chloride, biocide - 5 Litres
Offered by Bonnymans - Solutions For A Clean Tomorrow

5.0 out of 5 stars So Much Better Than Patio Magic!, 23 April 2013
I considered buying Patio Magic 5L but it would only have treated about 7 panels, so I bought 5L of BAC50 instead for almost the same price and it treated 28 panels to remove green algae (and there's still some left over to treat paths and patio).
I used it at a concentration of 350ml of BAC50 to 4.5L of water in low pressure garden sprayer and it was very effective.
Anyone buying this should be aware that it is important to follow health and safety advice and wear Nitrile Gloves, Safety Googles and Mask. (This is potent stuff!).

Chase
Chase

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Chase (Kindle Edition)
I cannot recommend this book - not even for a doorstop (given that I bought it for my Kindle).
I would suggest that you don't waste your money or time on this rubbish.

Creationfest (The Adventures of Jesus Christ Book 2)
Creationfest (The Adventures of Jesus Christ Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first book in the series, 19 April 2013
Found the book interesting but not as good as the first one in the series.
Colin Campbell continues to imagine what might happen when Jesus comes back to earth and faces modern day situations and attitudes.
The book ends to drift off from the true character that Jesus showed when he was here 2000 years ago (if the new testament gives a true account - which I believe it does).
The third book in the series is not available for the Kindle yet which seems a shame although I started to feel that book two was bordering on the disrespectful.

Tempt Me
Tempt Me

1.0 out of 5 stars Best avoided, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Tempt Me (Kindle Edition)
Not a book I would recommend. Not a book I would recommend.Not a book I would recommend.Not a book I would recommend.

He Is Risen (The Adventures of Jesus Christ Book 1)
He Is Risen (The Adventures of Jesus Christ Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Jesus' adventures in Downtown America, 3 April 2013
Not sure whether this book is suitable for everyone who believes in Jesus as I do but I found it very interesting telling a story of what might happen to Jesus during his second coming to the modern world.
Have ordered the second book in the series.

Characters of Shakespeare's Plays
Characters of Shakespeare's Plays

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, 4 Mar 2013
It would have been more helpful if the characters were described simply rather than quoting realms of extracts from WS plays associated with each named character.

I did not enjoy this book and gave up on it!

Twelfth Night
Twelfth Night

4.0 out of 5 stars Revision, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Twelfth Night (Kindle Edition)
I studied Twelfth Night for 'O' Level English Lit. many years ago and throughly enjoyed revisiting this play on my kindle.

Fuji Secure Digital High Capacity 32GB Class 10 Flash Card
Fuji Secure Digital High Capacity 32GB Class 10 Flash Card
Offered by Low Price Memory

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Reliable Product, 4 Mar 2013
I bought a Fuji SD card because reviews of other makes indicated that they had been problematical.

This has worked very well with my Fuji camera.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3