Profile for George Pearce > Reviews

Content by George Pearce

George Pearce (Cardiff, UK)

EiioX SATA 2nd Hard Drive Caddy Tray for Apple Unibody MacBook / MacBook Pro 13 15 17-The device takes 2.5" / 9.5mm Serial ATA laptop HDD SSD.
Offered by EiioX
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin. It IS compatible with the late 2011 MBP!, 22 May 2013
First, this product _is_ compatible with the late 2011 Macbook Pro. It isn't compatible with any of the Retina Macbooks.

Mine arrived today, and after about half an hour of fiddling everything was in and setup. I recommend using the iFixIt guide (http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Unibody+Early+2011+Optical+Drive+Replacement/5122/1) to install if you are using a late 2011 Macbook - there are a whole bunch more cables that a lot of the other tutorials don't fully explain.

Apart from that, super easy to fit, fantastic price, decent quality (its a bracket, at the end of the day).

COLT� TWIN PACK HQ Stylus Pen with Headphone Clip - for Apple iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini, Nokia Smartphones, Samsung Galaxy, HTC, Google, Blackberry, LG, Sony Ericsson Smartphones and all other touchscreen tablets - BLACK and RED
Offered by MPB Trading International
Price: 19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Functional, but not long lasting or good quality, 7 Feb 2013
I purchased these for use with my iPad Mini and the Noteshelf app, so basically a bit of drawing. Within a week the first one fell apart (nib fell off) and the second one is well on the way . In addition, they resist much more across the screen than any other I have used, making the whole experience quite unpleasant. I bought Griffin GC35027 Stylus Tip for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch - Black instead, and have been far happier with it - it feels better quality and is much more pleasant to write with.

So bottom line - its functional, but terrible quality.

Apple Keyboard (MB110B/B)
Apple Keyboard (MB110B/B)
Offered by Office Nerd
Price: 45.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Keyboard- Brilliant Price, 17 Jan 2011
I bought this keyboard to use with my external monitor and macbook pro, so I'm used to the Apple Keyboard way. It worked plug and play with my mac, and also with my PC - although then the custom function keys stop working. It's a joy to type on, from the key spacing to the response when pushed, I'm very pleased with it.

Also worth noting which I didn't see in the main description (and so came as a pleasant surprise) is that it has two usb sockets of it's own, either side of the keyboard - very useful for pen drives, provided they are relatively slim profile.

For 30, a bargain.

AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A-Male to B-Male Cable 6 Feet / 1.8 m
AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A-Male to B-Male Cable 6 Feet / 1.8 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Well Priced, 28 Dec 2010
I'll be honest, I'm quite a fan of the whole Frustration Free Packaging thing Amazon have got going - I hate unpacking cables encased in plastic. This arrived in it's nice, easy to open box - took me about five seconds to get it out and a further 30 seconds to get it working. Does exactly what it says on the 'tin'. Used this for my printer, have had no problems since.