Profile for C. Lowe > Reviews

Content by C. Lowe

C. Lowe (Hampshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
iPad Air 2 Case - The Original Black & Tan Leather Smart Case for iPad Air 2 2014 (6th Generation)
Offered by Purplemoose007

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, great price, 27 Nov 2014
although this was pretty reasonable price wise, the quality is really good and if I had bought something similar in the apple shop it would have bee 3 or 4 times more costly. Would really recommend this case

Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2 (The Shining)
Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2 (The Shining)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb horror, 18 Aug 2014
A worthy continuation of the Shining. I read the Shining again before tackling this follow on. Danny is now in his thirties and a troubled man who finally finds his "niche" in life in an care home where he helps the residents to pass over when their time has come. He is contacted by a young girl whose shining is stronger than his, and the story concerns Danny and the girl and his connection to the old Overlook Hotel which continues to haunt him. It was a real page turner and I hope that a screenplay for the film is in progress.

Wallander Collected Films 27-32 (The Final Season) [DVD]
Wallander Collected Films 27-32 (The Final Season) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Krister Henriksson

5.0 out of 5 stars A fitting end for the detective, 18 Aug 2014
I had watched the final episodes on BBC 4 and watching Kirster Henrikssons playing Wallanders slow decent into dementia was very emotional. The actress who plays his daughter Linda was excellent - it must have been very difficult to take on the role after the death of the previous actress. She and her father have at last formed a warm relationship.This had completed my Wallander collection, so I now hav episodes 1 - 32. I will certainly miss the character and the actor who gives the role far more depth of character than the awful Kenneth Brannagh interpretation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2014 4:21 PM BST

Stellar Electric Family Wok
Stellar Electric Family Wok
Offered by U Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant addition to kitchen, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Stellar Electric Family Wok
I bought this as a replacement for an old Sunbeam electric wok that was over 20 years old, but sadly no longe no stick so it took longer to clean than to cook. This is an excellent replacement. The instruction suggests using heat setting 8 for stir frying but I found setting 5/6 more than hot enough. It really only needs a quick wipe out with kitchen towel to clean it. I've used it for stir frys, curries, casseroles and for steaming a pudding and it performs equally well.

Braquo Trilogy [Blu-ray]
Braquo Trilogy [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jean-Hugues Anglade

4.0 out of 5 stars A good follow up to series one & two, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Braquo Trilogy [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I ought this as I had missed the third series on tv and wanted to catch up. I just hope I don't get caught up with law enforcers in France, they seem to be a law unto themselves, this time seeking revenge for a seriously injured colleague and doing nothing by the book. My only criticism is that all the characters look like they've not had a wash for weeks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2014 7:06 PM GMT

Harlequin (The Grail Quest, Book 1)
Harlequin (The Grail Quest, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one for horse lovers, 18 Aug 2014
I like historical novels but had never read Bernard Cornwell before. It was OK but I found the endless pages of battle description rather boring - there's only so many way ways you can describle the butchering of battle horses and soldiers - and kept skipping pages and pages of the book to get back to the story. I think there are 8 books in this series, but I don't think I will bother with the rest.

Acoustic Classics
Acoustic Classics

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Acoustic Classics (Audio CD)
A stripped back album of his most popular songs, just him and his guitar. A superb songwriter who isn't given the recognition he deserves (though he did get a MBE)

The Bridge: Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
The Bridge: Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sofia Helin

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping viewing, 15 Jun 2014
This had me hooked when it was first shown on BBC4. The interaction between the two detectives is part of the appeal and the storyline keeps the attention from episode to episode. There is also a bit of humour in the way Martin and Saga react to some situations with Saga's inability to show emotion or spare someone's feeling by being tactful rather than truthful. I will be watching this (along with Wallander - the proper one not Kenneth "I'm an actor" Brannagh). The perfect antidote to a summer of football, tennis and commonwealth games

Polarized Clip On Flip Up Sunglasses
Polarized Clip On Flip Up Sunglasses
Offered by Fishing Tackle and Bait

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very good!, 15 Jun 2014
Sorry to say I was somewhat swayed by the good reviews but despite careful measurement of my spect and ordering the correct size, they didn't quite fit the whole of my lens, everytime I flipped them up they popped off and the clips only just cleared the nose clips on my specs. Sorry to say it's a return for these.

The Magpies
The Magpies

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 23 May 2014
This review is from: The Magpies (Kindle Edition)
This was quite a good pschological thriller with a slight twist at the end. I found I was getting a bit frustrated with the main character, he was a computer IT whizz so surely he could have sorted out the problems with his neighbours with a bit of well placed technology from somewhere like Maplins. But then the book would have been half the length. All in all I did quite enjoy it, and think it would make quite a good tv movie.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4