Profile for Tony Reed > Reviews

Content by Tony Reed

Tony Reed "Bookworm" (England)

Russell Hobbs 13355 1.7 L Ceylon Stainless Steel Kettle Classic Style
Russell Hobbs 13355 1.7 L Ceylon Stainless Steel Kettle Classic Style

2.0 out of 5 stars new kettle Russell Hobbs stainless steel, 23 May 2011
bought this kettle, as all other kettles have a panel showing amount of water in it. Consequently, they eventually leak through this panel

This ss one is good value for the money, but it is very noisy, and being arthritic, I do find it heavy to lift

Prestige Smartplus Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker - 6 Litre
Prestige Smartplus Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker - 6 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Prestige Pressure cooker, 11 Dec. 2010
At first I found this cooker scary, but once I got the hang of locking the lide, I find it great to use have done chicken soup, potato & leek soup, and a steak and Kidney pudding from scratch, not cooking the fiooing first as sugested in the recipe book. Just pressured for two hours from raw, and it all turned out superbly

Georgia
Georgia
by Lesley Pearse

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping reading Georgia, 31 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Georgia (Paperback)
I love Lesley Pearse's books, and this one really held my attention, so many twists and turns, very difficult to put down, when having o stop reading! to do chores!

Shaun The Sheep - Abracadabra [DVD]
Shaun The Sheep - Abracadabra [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 discs of Shaun the Sheep, 15 Feb. 2010
I used to feel a little sheepish!!! when I confessed to people how much I love shaun, but was amazed to find all my friends agree! Including the engineer who came to repair my recorder, when I told him my recordings of these programmes were pixelating. He replied oh we cant have that, I never miss a programme.
It was my 80th birthday on Jan 21st this year, and I enclosed a picture of what my son bought me. a wooly Shaun who when you pull his tail he shivers!!!
Picture in next review
Suzanne Barrett
Comment Comment | Permalink

We'll Meet Again
We'll Meet Again
by Hilary Green

5.0 out of 5 stars We'll meet again, 11 Aug. 2009
This review is from: We'll Meet Again (Paperback)
Loved this book but I have enjoyed all Hilary Greens books on the resistance. Cannot put them down once I start reading them!

The Other Side Of Paradise: World War 2 Saga
The Other Side Of Paradise: World War 2 Saga
by Margaret Mayhew

4.0 out of 5 stars The Other side of Paradise, 11 Aug. 2009
Found the book slow to get into at first, but later was really hooked I love these stories about the war and escapes and resistance