Profile for Lady Amalthea > Reviews

Beanies Instant Coffee - Cinnamon & Hazelnut - 50g Jar
Beanies Instant Coffee - Cinnamon & Hazelnut - 50g Jar
Offered by British Groceries

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great :(, 13 Aug 2014
As another reviewer said 'smells great but tasteless'. It is more hazelnut than cinnamon too.

Likely to be sat unloved in cupboard until I find a good cinnamon coffee.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2014 2:00 PM BST

Sterling Silver Genuine Marcasite and Onyx Stone Heart Locket Pendant
Sterling Silver Genuine Marcasite and Onyx Stone Heart Locket Pendant
Offered by Ladelle-Designs

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not agree - cheap looking and unattractive, 9 Jan 2014
Sorry, but I do not agree that this is a pretty item. Bought as a gift, but the item is bulky, the onyx has a distinct plasticky quality and the chain is far too fine to support the locket. Would be scared it would snap if worn.

The maracasite half is cute, but would still be too bulky on its own, and the gaps are big enough to reveal the inside if the locket, would just looks strange.

On top of this item took a very long time to dispatch and arrived after estimated delivery.

Returned immediately for refund.

Butterflies Net Curtain 36" Drop sold by the meter
Butterflies Net Curtain 36" Drop sold by the meter
Offered by Ideal Textiles

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and plasticky looking, 13 May 2013
As a great lover of all things butterfly, I bought these as a tester for a window in my house. All I can say is that I am glad I started small. These nets have a definite shiny, plastic like quality that makes them quite cheap looking, especially around the scalloped edges. Does not seem worth the effort to return (and rumour suggests that you can't do this anyway) but it does makes me glad I didn't place the big order I was going to place to do all the windows I was going to do...

The search continues!

Breville VKJ551 Stainless Steel Kettle, Colour Select
Breville VKJ551 Stainless Steel Kettle, Colour Select

2.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, but persistent nasty plastic taste., 13 May 2013
We've had this kettle for a month now and although it is very pretty and quite fast, we are facing the very serious prospect of going without tea! We have repeatedly boiled it with bicarbonate of soda and with white vinegar. The water tastes OK for the first immediate boil after a clean and then after that you are left wondering if the milk went rancid. We think it may be the large plastic window? We had specifically looked for a stainless steel kettle to avoid this very problem.

So this makes this a pretty water/light feature in the kitchen, but unfortunately no use for tea making. Trying to figure out how to return it.

Karlie The Perfect Care Flea Catcher Comb with Rotating Teeth for Cat Suitable for Long/ Short Hair Coats, 20 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars I really MUST read the descriptions first, 18 Nov 2012
This is a strange comb. I bought it because the tines are closer together and I was hoping this would be more effective on my Ragdoll than a conventional comb. She hates the slicker brushes with a passion...

However while the tines rotate, they also go up and down (You know like those pin statues you put you're hand or face in?) So some may be fully extended and some might not. I find it difficult to judge if these have gone through Flick's fur without pressing down and then she gets annoyed with me.

There is also a shield, presumably to block the fleas? Flick doesn't have fleas so I cannot judge if they are of any use. This definately does not go through my Moggy's denser, thicker fur though.

Not sure will be using this one that often.

Denby Halo Pasta Bowl, 24cm
Denby Halo Pasta Bowl, 24cm
Offered by Panters

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm rubbish at sizes..!, 18 Nov 2012
These are gorgeous bowls. The depth of colour is amazing. It's like looking at one of those close up photos of a human iris (if you like that sort of thing). It's almost too nice to eat out of.

If like me, you never both to get ye olde tape measure out to work out how big these things are, they are pasta plates for ONE and NOT a serving bowl. LOL. No fear, have bought another 3 AND the medium serving bowl to impress friends on next dinner party night.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2013 11:55 PM BST

A Whisper of Roses
A Whisper of Roses
by Teresa Medeiros
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars Really good start and hero spoiled by heroine, 20 Sep 2011
I really loved the start of this book. There were parts that had me near crying and laugh out loud moments. The story and the characters developed at a good pace and were interesting to read about.

Then there is a major incident and after that the story goes down hill for me. I began to hate Sabrina and I fail to see why Morgan bothered with her after the point she reverts to petulant, whiny brat! The rest of the story is lost trying to get her to snap out of it and fix the obstacles she places between them. I am not belittling the magnitude of the situation, its a big deal and I'm sure I would succumb to bouts of self pity too. But the obstacles she creates and the person she becomes are just not likeable, particularly because Morgan IS. You end up thinking he would do better elsewhere.

This is my first book by this author. I might try another because I can see potential in there.

Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark 11)
Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark 11)
by Kresley Cole

2.0 out of 5 stars Umm... did I miss something?, 8 April 2011
OK, hands up all ladies here who would forgive a cold hearted madman, who regularly tortured, vivisected and murdered you and all your friends/family? Any one? I think I've made my point.

I don't care that he thinks he has reasons. Kill him and wait for the next one, geez. And for wonderful Regin to be saddled with that??? Plain cruel if you ask me.

I love Kresley Cole, so I will be reading others, but to go from Sexpots like SEBASTIAN (my one true love) to a monster like Declan? That's not my idea of romance.

Here's hoping the sassy and fun love stories are back for next time!

Lover Unleashed: Number 9 in series (Black Dagger Brotherhood)
Lover Unleashed: Number 9 in series (Black Dagger Brotherhood)
by J. R. Ward

1.0 out of 5 stars DID NOT LIKE!!, 8 April 2011
This book upset me on so many levels its hard to know where to start. Lazy story telling, lack of continuity of plots or characters, too much of the BDSM thank you so very much (hated it in V's story, hate it here too).

Also this disturbing trend of slotting the main pair in one third of the book while we deal with other stuff. I like the side plots, but too much damages the story you are telling NOW.

Plus I hate that she's swearing now just for the sake of it. And she doesn't seem to know how many threads she's holding anymore.

Sigh. I think i'm done for real this time, which is a shame because I am intrigued by some parts. I want to know why the virgin scribe is depressed and more about murhder. I also want to make sure that Tohr is treated right and I truly do not believe that he should just be paired off with some new woman so soon. It's just wrong. I want Quinn to get a HEA how ever he chooses.

At least I have the darkest secret to read next.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs [DVD] [2010]
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Anna Faris

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooooooooo funny!, 1 Nov 2010
Can't type, too busy laughing!!

Not just for adults. I thought this was a wonderful movie, with lots of colour and an epic sense of fun. I have bought a copy for most of the people in my family who share my sense of humour for Xmas!

I would certainly urge people to try this underrated little gem.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3