Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Mr. G. CARTWRIGHT > Reviews

Content by Mr. G. CARTWRIGHT

Mr. G. CARTWRIGHT (Alnwick, Northumberland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
IL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles (PC DVD)
IL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles (PC DVD)
Offered by BOOKS-DVDS-TOYS-TECH

3.0 out of 5 stars Forgotten and not used much!, 4 July 2009
I can't seem to get this game to work totally correctly. I have to start all my missions in the air as it won't recognise my joystick controls on the ground! The missions seem too restrictive with regards to freedom of initiative. I'm afraid I still prefer BOBII Wings of Victory.

LG W2042S 20" Widescreen 5ms Silver LCD TFT Monitor - Tilt Stand 8000:1
LG W2042S 20" Widescreen 5ms Silver LCD TFT Monitor - Tilt Stand 8000:1

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 24 April 2009
I'm very impressed with this monitor, as, for the price it is a very versatile piece of equipment.
The adjustable menus are virtually the same as on a new LCD TV and there is even the 4:3 option, to view files created in something like Microsoft Word to check the true layout, before printing, accessible from a button under the screen.
Installation is simple and the whole appearance is very smart.
It's no coincidence that I also HAVE an 'LG' LCD TV.

Empire: Total War (PC DVD)
Empire: Total War (PC DVD)
Offered by FREETIME

1.0 out of 5 stars Empire: Total War Demo, 22 Feb. 2009
Empire: Total War (PC DVD)I have just spent some time going through the Demo version of Empire Total War and as a seasoned Total War gamer I can only hope it works a lot better when it's loaded onto my computer. You have to play online via 'STEAM' and it truly is 'Steam powered!!' it was slow and sticky even when turning down the graphics spec and basically unusable!
The finished product looks excellent especially the naval battles but I can only pray that loaded onto my computer improves performance!
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2009 2:31 PM GMT

Optoma - Panoview DE-3100EGA 4:3 Electric Aluminium Smart Control Projector Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars From lounge to Cinema in one easy lesson!, 4 Feb. 2009
I was very pleased with the ease of use of this projector and the quality the images it produces.
It really did give me the feel of being in a Cinema watching some of my favourite films and comedy series. Even when projected onto a light wall which is not actually white did not detract from the quality of the pictures.
From a low level platform the image is thrown well up onto the wall so no precarious balancing on higher levels. Altering screen size and focus couldn't have been easier plus the noise level from the fan is neglegable.
Although there are a variety of settings to 'improve' the images if wished, from day one I have not yet found this necessary.
I am looking forward to connecting it to my computer for some serious large screen gaming!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2009 12:11 PM BST

First Eagles: The Great Air War 1918 (PC CD)
First Eagles: The Great Air War 1918 (PC CD)

2.0 out of 5 stars A Let Down!, 6 Feb. 2008
The game play of First Eagles is weak: not much difference between the Campaigns, Single Missions and the Instant Action. Not enough programmability in the system - customization of control! You can fly the aircraft well enough with a good joystick and the graphics are fine but trying to keep a target in your sights is frustrating to say the least.Its like a pea on a vibrating drum and by the time its large enough in your sights to hit you've passed it even with the throttle reduced to the lowest you dare. MORE CUSTOMISING OF CONTROL!! Take a look at BOB II Wings of Victory! I have three other Flight Sim games inc BOB II Wings of Victory and IL 2 The Forgotten Battles and have excellent control choices.
Maybe further Patches or Expansions will rectify my gripes but at the moment I'm sticking with WWII.

Medieval II: Total War (PC DVD)
Medieval II: Total War (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally addictive!, 14 May 2007
I just had to write this review having read some of the previous reviews I thought they were talking about a different game. This game is TOTALLY ADDICTIVE!! There is no problem with battle speeds at all IT'S REAL! The main objective is to wage a campaign to conquer and the intricasies of this are the real draw. Not only do you have to contend with enemy armies but also intricate diplomacy, keeping your citizens happy (especially in occupied cities), keeping the Pope happy or it's 'Inquisition Time' and building a strong army on what is sometimes a low budget! If you have 'technical' difficulties then I suggest you don't be a cheap skate and buy a decent rig I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM!! I have rated this game with 5 stars because I haven't watched a TV for months!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4