Profile for Mr. R. C. Winney > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. C. Winney

Mr. R. C. Winney (England)

Change
Change
Offered by Rikdev Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic Electropop., 13 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Change (Audio CD)
It's really frustrating reading anybody that negatively reviews this album based on it's apparent "lack of depth". The Sugababes are a pop group. They make pop music. It doesn't need to involve a great depth!

This album is fantastic. I've always been a fan of the Sugababes, but i've never bought one of their albums until I heard 'About You Now' and thought it was amazing and so I bought 'Change' first day it hit shelves and I was overwhelemd.

'Denial', 'Suprise' and 'Never Gonna Dance Again' are probably my favourite tracks on the album and very possible single releases, as is 'Change' although it would be hard for me to label any of the tracks a "weak" effort.

Am I the only one who hears a little 'Freak Like Me' in 'Back Down'? Listen. You'll see.

The Sweet Escape
The Sweet Escape
Offered by DVD Overstocks

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very LAMB, 9 Sept. 2007
This review is from: The Sweet Escape (Audio CD)
So the first thing you have to prepare yourself for before you listen to this album is that it's not Love Angel Music Baby, she has, to my disapointment not carried on with the unique style of 'What You Waiting For?', but this album nonetheless is still a great one.

I personally have had it with the title track 'The Sweet Escape' I think this has made her way too mainstream using Akon here and everytime I hear this track I turn the radio off or change the channel.

The reviews are correct in saying, she has definately taken a more R&B approach to this album but yeah it still retains the Gwen 'funk' to most of the tracks.

Best tracks are 'Early Winter', 'Wonderful Life', 'Don't Get It Twisted', 'Now That You Got It', '4 In The Morning' and 'Yummy' is hot, but I think it doesn't quite fit on this album although Gwen, release this with Pharrell in the video and I think you'll double sell this album!

Close To Paradise
Close To Paradise
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing, 16 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Close To Paradise (Audio CD)
It is only a matter of time before Patrick Watson is extremely well-known. This album is truly beautiful and just incredibely lush. His voice is amazing, the music is epic but finely orchestrated. My favourite tracks are 'Close to Paradise' and 'The Great Escape'.

Made of Bricks
Made of Bricks
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Made of Bricks, 5 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Made of Bricks (Audio CD)
I've been a huge Kate Nash fan for about a year and half now, i've seen her live in a very small venue and downloaded every available song that's found its way online.

Made of Bricks is excellent, with the exception that a couple of the songs I think are a bit over-produced and would have done better to be stripped down to sound a bit more acoustic, such as 'Birds' and 'We Get On'. Although i've said this, the album versions are you know, still very good.

Her next single 'Mouthwash' is really good and very catchy and will do well in the charts i'm sure. I also think 'Pumpkin Soup' would do well as a single.

Generally it's a really happy feel-good album with really cool lyrics and Kate's an awesome singer, although I feel like her voice is drowned out a bit by production on some trakcs. Standout tracks for me are 'Foundations', 'Mouthwash', 'Skeleton Song', 'Pumpkin Soup' and 'Birds'.