Profile for J. Blowes > Reviews

Cda MC31SS Built In Microwave Oven \& Grill
Offered by The Wright Buy Ltd
Price: 156.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item and price, 11 Dec 2012
This really is the cheapest built in microwave around....Its great easy to fit providing you're handy with tools.
I would have given it 4 stars because it stopped working after a couple of weeks BUT and this is GREAT one phone call and the guy was round next day to fix it (a wire had vibrated off).

Rare service for these days

Canon PIXMA MG6250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex)

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon PIXMA MG6250 All-in-One Colour Printer, 11 Dec 2012
This printer does it all
I have owned many printers and always get apprehensive when its time to change. They all claim to deliver the world but rarely come through. Thus I spend hour after hour researching and reading reviews.

I hope this helps.
I might mention I am a moderate to heavy user and I use the printer on a daily basis. Everything from photos to handbooks etc.
This prints fast with great colour and quality, scans well ..has two side printing (which so far has been faultless) AND prints CD's.
The top panel controls are easy and clear.
I have been using this a while now and have used refillable compatible (clear) cartridges from day one (I simply inject more ink when I see the cartridge is getting low). The printer does not seem overly heavy on ink certainly no worse than my previous printers.

My only con is the software it just doesn't feel its made for grown ups. The cd printing software is a bit unintuitive and "toy like" but it works well when you get your head past that.

It has some really neat touches too. Like the paper out tray/door automatically opens when you send a print if you had left it closed..
And an additional rear paper feed (Not shown open in any of the images here!!) enabling the use of a different paper than is in the tray which does make life easy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2013 6:01 PM BST

USB 1.1 TO TWIN PS2 ADAPTOR CABLE 0.2m KEYBOARD / MOUSE
USB 1.1 TO TWIN PS2 ADAPTOR CABLE 0.2m KEYBOARD / MOUSE
Offered by BuyOnline Cart
Price: 1.22

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to stop using this buy with caution, 11 Dec 2012
This item was delivered really quick and hell it was as cheap as chips but in use some keyboard were missing/unusable (for example the / key)....from a few Google searches it seems this is not an uncommon problem with many of these adapters

I paid a little more for a "Belkin" adapter and its working flawlessly.

Belkin USB PS/2 Adapter
Belkin USB PS/2 Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 31 Dec 2011
Just like so many other reviewers of this product I too bought it because not all keyboard functions (ie backslash) were working with other makes I tried.

I read their reviews and decided to chance it especially as it was "Belkin"

What can I say? installed with no problems and I have a backslash key working again.
Ok true it was nearly 10 times more expensive than some I tried but in this case you really do get what you pay for !!

Excellent !

Strawberry Candy Floss Flavoured Sugar 250g
Strawberry Candy Floss Flavoured Sugar 250g

5.0 out of 5 stars Noval candy floss, 31 Dec 2011
Have to say this really has a good strawberry flavour and strong enough to taste it in the finished candy floss .....

We get the candy floss maker out at the end of most dinner parties (it goes down a treat) and this flavoured sugar is excellent and everyone loves it.

Giles & Posner Hard Cotton Candy Maker
Giles & Posner Hard Cotton Candy Maker
Offered by No1Brands4You
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun it really works !!!!!, 26 Nov 2011
Having read some of the reviews of this product I was a little apprehensive. Still my wife has a huge passion for candy floss so as it's her 60th birthday I just went ahead & bought it for her.

Firstly do NOT listen to the folks that say its SLOW!!! done properly its great and at one stage we had trouble collecting the floss as fast as it was making it.

Really a great product....my tip would be use vanilla sugar (buy the pink stuff) as plain candy floss lacks the yum factor of the pink.

Great fun ....really....& far too good for the kids !

TRUST UK KB-1150 MULTIMEDIA.KEYBOARD
TRUST UK KB-1150 MULTIMEDIA.KEYBOARD
Offered by Megabrokers
Price: 5.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally a great keybpard, 8 Feb 2011
I have owned three of these keyboards to date and as you might expect from Trust they have been fantastic....

Nice to have a keyboard that feels resonably positive to use (seeing how all the "proper" tactile boards have all but dissapeared)

The ONLY downside is the letters do wear off a little faster than I would like ( the reason my having had 3!)...they started to wear off after about 8-9 months or so with a fairly reasonable amount of use ...But for under a tenner??? I think they are worth the