Profile for Scort > Reviews

Ride (PS4)
Ride (PS4)
Offered by SupaStock

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bike racer to date!, 31 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Ride (PS4) (Video Game)
Even better than the Mega Drive's Road Rash! A brilliant game, through hard to master at times, is rewarding to any bike lover. Not as 'pick up and play' as a car game, but well worth sticking with, especially on Pro mode.

Great bikes and models, good graphics and sound... What more can you ask for!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2015 5:34 PM BST

Dying Light Be the Zombie Edition Including Full Season Pass (Amazon.co.uk Exclusive) (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate, just buy it!, 4 Mar. 2015
Amazing game - if you're a fan of zombie games/films, or post-apocalyptic settings, then this is for you. This game has atmosphere in buckets, you feel trapped, that there's danger all around - indeed, if not careful it's easy to get jumped from anywhere.

Great graphics, great sound effects - a work of art in my opinion.

Xperia Z3 Case - Ringke FUSION **New** [Free HD Film/Dust Cap&Drop Protection][CRYSTAL VIEW] Case Shock Absorption Bumper Premium Hard Case for SONY Xperia Z3 - Eco/DIY Package
Offered by Ringke Official UK Store

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok..., 9 Dec. 2014
As the title suggests - I think this is just 'ok'.

The good: I'm sure it will offer some protection, if you are unfortunate enough to drop it, it also adds a level of grip to the device, as the edges have a rubber feel to them.

The bad: I found that on the right-hand side the cover was loose from the device, not a huge issue, but it didn't fit like a glove. On the left there's a thin bit of plastic/rubber near the magnetic port - it just feels like it will break easily. It's rough! The seem between the hard plastic rear of the cover and rubber edges can easily be felt; a bit off-putting in the hand; the same can be said for the raised buttons.

Overall, it's decent for the money, but it (for me at least) just adds too much bulk to this lovely slimline phone - I have since found another case on here that complements the phone perfectly, and adds almost nothing to the size - though granted, it's not going to offer the protection of this case.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2014 6:48 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 9 Dec. 2014
Excellent product - fits my Z3 perfectly, and doesn't really spoil the profile of the phone - wish I had gone for this case in the first instance!

Happy customer.

Watch Dogs (PS4)
Watch Dogs (PS4)
Offered by Base

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Assassins Creed really..., 27 May 2014
This review is from: Watch Dogs (PS4) (Video Game)
This brief 'feedback' might help people sitting on the fence with this game - I won't mention the huge drop in graphics quality since the game was first shown; as there's been plenty covering this aspect, so I'll just focus on the 5-6 hours I have been playing...

As the title pokes fun at, this really is Assassins Creed with another skin on, and of course, a living city environment - already the missions (main and side) are all very rinse and repeat; though you are able to tackle most missions either stealthily or guns blazing - the latter a style I have not tried yet.

Personally I loved the AC games, so I'm pretty sure that I will stick with Watch Dogs until the end - but the comments I have seen touted in official videos of this game, for me at least, fall wide of the mark - but then again, these days I think that everyone will treat review site scores as nothing accurate... Player reviews (as I have mentioned in other reviews here) are [for me] a much better indication.

In short, this game is only slightly better visually than GTA5, it's certainly not an ugly game by any sense of the word, but for our new fabled PS4 it doesn't really blow ones skirt up either! The sound effects are good, though if have heard a few buggy sounds (things cutting out, or playing too loud), the city feels alive enough, though GTA's city felt more humorous and real to me. Car driving is horrid, the cars feel far too heavy, and the motorcycles also feel like they are riding with flat tyres.

All in all, if you can grab this game for 35-40 it's worth a shot, but I wouldn't pay any more for it - unless it improves massively in the hours to come.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2014 9:47 AM BST

Battlefield 4 (PS4)
Battlefield 4 (PS4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid... until Dice sort it, 22 April 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Battlefield 4 (PS4) (Video Game)
As a long term fan of the series, it pains me to say, but avoid this game for now - presently either the software or infrastructure is so poor; it renders this ~£100 game almost unplayable!

I purchased this game on day one of release, and duly forked out a further £45 for the 'premium' pack... both purchases I well and truly regret now.

My own gripes:

Single player is dull, but a patch on the previous game, and is over with little to no enjoyment.

Multiplayer suffers hugely from 'rubber banding' - and months down the line since release, still no fix - making the touted 64 player maps largely unplayable... and it's not an issue with people's internet connections or networks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2014 5:02 PM BST

Thief (PS4)
Thief (PS4)
Offered by M.E. GAMES

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Thief (PS4) (Video Game)
Having been a huge fan of the old PC games, I was beside myself with the excitement of a new instalment - unlike some die hard fans of the series, I actually really enjoyed the last game; Deadly Shadows, as it felt like a nice refresh to the older games....

I'm guessing this kind of refresh is what Square Enix wanted with Thief, but unfortunately, what was delivered falls very wide of the mark in my opinion.

Firstly characters... Hours and hours of time into the game and I feel nothing for any of them, other than hatred for Garrett's new sidekick - an angsty teenage-esq character with the world seemingly on her back and owing her a favour; a completely needless character that serves up nothing more than an annoyance within the game.

The arch enemy within the game is laughable, constantly getting shown up by Garrett - gone are the hidden villains, that lurk in the darkness of the story being crafted around you - and I'm still not really sure of what I am doing, and where I am going...

And as for Garrett himself? Well, I haven't really followed this game much, but I recall something that suggests this is a prequel - might explain why Garrett no longer sounds like the rough and seasoned Thief of old, and more like a twenty something; the voice acting just lacks a depth and connection - so you end up caring less for our main protagonist.

One of the biggest issues with characters is the guards, gone are the dopey sounding moaners of old, dropping the word 'taffer' into most idle conversations, and inviting each other to the bear pits - replaced with robots, who wander around often spouting the same lines over and over - sometimes you'll hear the audio run twice for a sentence!

The sounds overall are good, not great though, and there's a fair few audio oddities during play - surround sound not revealing the position of an assailant, as the game decides to play their sound through your front speakers, when actually they are behind you. There's also occasions where a slight movement from one place to another, sees some ambient noise suddenly cut off, which loses the immersion somewhat - frankly the musical score and audio of the old games pulled you into the game, it was one of the big points.

Graphics-wise, it is a pretty game, it looks great, and Square Enix do an amazing job of dressing levels - something I really noticed on Deus Ex Human Revolution, and it's good to see that they carry the tradition on for Thief.

One big issue is the extremely poor level design... They don't want you to explore on some levels, and a quick 'I'll just take a look down here' results in you being ushered into the next phase of the level, with no way of going back! In fact, this is where I am currently stuck in the game, having spent over an hour working on a level, the level design has now meant I cannot go back to complete an optional objective! This, is ridiculous, and unfortunately it is not the first time that I have experienced the problem - though it is the first time I am faced with restarting an entire level...

To summarise, if you are a fan of the old games I'd say get this, but only for £15 maximum, you can set the difficulty to Master, and also configure custom settings to make the game more like the older ones - though do not turn off the bow crosshair - as you'll then be left to guess aim every time!

For people new to the series, there's fun to be had, but it's not for your average Call of Duty type of player - sure you can 'run and gun' it like a CoD game, but Thief is about sneaking, remaining undetected whenever possible, and picking out the ideal route - it's a bit of a thinking game. Though sadly Thief has tried to cater to people who may not like this play style, and has added tonnes of hand holding - though thankfully it all turns off.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2014 10:56 PM BST

4 x Assecure black TPU protective analogue thumb grip stick caps for Sony PS4 controllers [Playstation 4]
Offered by ZedLabz Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very grippy, 19 Mar. 2014
Could do with being made from rubber, or something a little more grippy, as my fingers kind of slip and slide on these - but after hearing a fair few reports of the PS4 controller having issues with the rubber on the sticks, I shall be keeping these on.

The order was dealt with brilliantly though, excellent service by the seller.

atFoliX FX-Clear Screen Protectors for Google Nexus 4 (LG) Non-Reflective Pack of 3 Front and 3 Rear Crystal Clear Tested quality: made in Germany.
Offered by @FoliX GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 Mar. 2013
I purchased the atFoliX FX-Antireflex screen protector before these, but found that although they looked nice with the matt effect, using the phone was less enjoyable due to an oil-like appearance beneath the protector - hence ordering these clear ones.

These are perfect, they are indeed crystal clear, they feel very smooth (almost slippery) to use, making the touch screen experience much more fluid feeling - I opted to leave my matt effect one on the back of my N4.

Only down-side so far, is that these appear to damage pretty easily - just found a mark/chip on mine this morning and my phone hasn't been near anything that might cause this (to my knowledge) - but hey, that's why we buy these things, so it's not the screen getting damaged.

Top product(s) and great service.

atFoliX FX-Antireflex Non-Reflective Screen Protectors for Google Nexus 4 (LG) Pack of 3 Front and Rear Top quality: Made in Germany.
Offered by @FoliX GmbH

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 12 Mar. 2013
Very nice product, comes with a cleaning cloth to get all the grime off of the screen before placing the protector, the protectors themselves were one of the easiest I have found to get on without bubbles, unfortunately one of the three in the pack already had a bit of dirt stuck to the glue, so I only have two of the three fronts usable.

Now for the 'but' - I probably should have read reviews before buying these, I simply clicked the 'other bought...' option when getting a case, so entirely my fault - but the clarity through the protector is a little dubious; though it may not bother others; and may actually be something I get used to in time, the picture looks distorted in a way. Think of an old TV (before flat screens!), when you get up close and can see the RGB and light coming through to the screen... that's the only way I can describe it.

Edit: found a better description from a similar review elsewhere - it looks like there is oil beneath the screen protector, and on a white/light background it is horrid! About to order the clear ones from Atfolix.

I'd imagine that it is the protector itself, rather than an issue with the glue used - it affected both the protectors I put on, and I can only assume that it is linked to the anti-reflection offered.

As for usability, I found that on occasions my screen swipes went unnoticed, presumably this protector is a tad thicker than the stock on the Nexus 4 comes with, that is quite a pain.

Keeping it on for now, whilst I order some normal protectors.

As per my feedback though, the service was perfect.

Page: 1 | 2