Profile for eug > Reviews

Content by eug

eug

Price: 8.82

2.0 out of 5 stars Seller less forthcoming about item's condition., 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: 20 (Audio CD)
This cd was not described in the site as unsealed.
I bought it as a present and really would not have purchased it if I had known it was not sealed.
Although it seems trivial but I hate it when a seller description of the item is lacking in all the details.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2013 12:46 PM BST

Pink Moon [VINYL]
Pink Moon [VINYL]
Price: 49.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pressing yet, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Pink Moon [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Though I thought it was a bit pricey I bought it regardless as I do not have an excellent condition vinyl of this record.
Glad I bought it as the sound is excellent.
However, I wish record company should tell us how many records were pressed when the record is stated as a "LIMITED EDITION". This is becoming a common gimmick promoted by the record companies to get sales.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2013 1:37 PM BST

Live at Massey Hall [VINYL]
Live at Massey Hall [VINYL]
Price: 32.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrong record sent, 24 May 2013
The record was advertised as pressed by classic records based in the USA but upon receipt of the record I found it not to be so.
Got a call from amazon customer care team and when told the reason why I wanted to return the record I was told to follow the instruction sent.
My money was returned promptly and I noted the incorrect info on the site was replace.
As usual, amazon customer care team are to be congratulated for sorting out the complaint so promptly.
Thought the team could have sent me the proper record but guess not.

SAMRICK - Apple iPad Mini (WiFi + 3G) - Back Cover Tough Hydro Companion Smart Gel Protective Case works with GENUINE Apple iPad Mini Smart Cover (Smart Cover NOT Included) - Frosted
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 May 2013
Very well made and fit the iPad perfectly. It took a while to receive the item but it was worth waiting for. Good value.
Excellent

Garmin Nuvi 275T 3.5" Sat Nav with UK, Full Europe and USA Maps and Free Lifetime Traffic

3.0 out of 5 stars the sweet and the sour, 3 Jun 2011
bought this for our road trip in the usa may 2010.
we started from san francisco going to yosemite park, stovepipe wells at death valley, las vegas, east rim of grand canyon, sedona, arizona and final destination was the airport at phoenix.
getting the sat nav to capture the satellite signal first time takes about 15 minutes at union square, SF and it frequently lost the signal due to the tall buildings.
on the highway, the sat nav was excellent but getting the exact location for evergreen lodge, our destination for yosemite park, was hopeless. we printed the route of our journey courtesy of google map and it was more accurate with the yosemite location. the sat nav told us we still have 2 hours to get to evergreen lodge when we got there with the google map. we also got lost twice at yosemite using the sat nav and had to depend on the locals.
the journey to death valley went without a hitch except the staff at the lodge told us we went on the long route, highway 155. it took us ten hours non stop driving instead of the eight hours expected.
from death valley onwards the sat nav worked perfectly except for being slow to direct when switched on.
some of the newly built highways confused the sat nav so i do not know how recent the mapping was done.
my biggest moan about the garmin was it came without full instructions and have to download from the website.
bought this at the last minute before our trip and not knowing how to work it properly is a big NO NO.
bought garmin because every friends and relations who have a garmin thinks it is the best.