Profile for Kindle User > Reviews

Content by Kindle User

Kindle User "Reader, writer, runner, rider, and the odd bit of this, that and the other." (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Roberts ECO1BK Ecologic 1 DAB/FM RDS Digital Radio with Built-in Battery Charger - Black
Price: 48.98

4.0 out of 5 stars No Sleep Function, 1 April 2012
I was given this radio as a gift and it was absolutely fantastic. Takes standard batteries, clear and easy system, good sound. Nothing to dislike except no sleep facility. Perhaps a small thing, but listening at night impossible unless you want it on all night. Sadly returned.

FiiO E7 Portable Headphone DAC Amplifier
FiiO E7 Portable Headphone DAC Amplifier
Offered by EA Audio
Price: 69.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Investment, but I have a question...., 3 July 2011
I bought this along with the L3 Line Out cable and the difference in quality with my iPod Classic is noticeable. Very impressed indeed. The only gripe is that there is no band included to attach it to the iPod despite the distributor confirming that there should be. Perhaps I was unlucky. Amazon can't confirm that it should be included so I am loathe to send it back to see if it is. Can anyone confirm that it should be included?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2011 7:11 PM BST

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [DVD] [2004]
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Edward James Olmos
Price: 33.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Drama, 2 Jan 2011
I didn't take any interest in BSG until too many people told me that I had missed out on something special. They were right. This is superb watching and I recommend that you invest the time to find out for yourself. There really are no bad bits and the writing and performances will carry you through the many changes.

Must You Go?: My Life with Harold Pinter
Must You Go?: My Life with Harold Pinter
Price: 6.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Price, 1 Jan 2011
I'm sorry, but can it really be that the Kindle edition is three times the price of the paperback and more than the hardback? Ridiculous. Interested in buying this, but won't until the pricing is fair.

The German Genius: Europe's Third Renaissance, the Second Scientific Revolution and the Twentieth Century
Price: 6.64

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Price, 26 Nov 2010
This book is one that I am looking forward to reading once the Kindle price drops to the same price, or less, than that of the hardcover edition. I cannot see any justification for the difference.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2012 5:30 PM BST

Any Human Heart
Any Human Heart
Price: 4.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Pricing, 22 Nov 2010
This review is from: Any Human Heart (Kindle Edition)
Once again we see the Kindle edition priced way above the paperback edition. I have the paperback and so a sale is lost through sheer greed as I wanted to enjoy the convenience of the book on the Kindle.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2013 8:34 AM BST

Nineteen Eighty-Four
Nineteen Eighty-Four
Price: 5.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Price, 19 Nov 2010
An amazing work which I will buy for my Kindle when it is at least no more expensive than the paperback version and ideally less.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2013 11:09 AM BST

The Penguin Book of English Verse (Penguin Classics)
The Penguin Book of English Verse (Penguin Classics)
Price: 8.03

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Price, 16 Nov 2010
I have already bought this in paperback and when I saw it for the Kindle I was pleased as lugging the paperback around is not easy, but pricing it considerably more means a lost sale. Shame for all concerned.

One Day
One Day
Price: 0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Price, 14 Nov 2010
This review is from: One Day (Kindle Edition)
Once again a price has increased dramatically since it has been fixed by the publisher. Not only has it increased, but it is now considerably more than the paperback. The result? No sale at all in any format.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2012 8:45 PM GMT

Moominland Midwinter (Puffin Books)
Moominland Midwinter (Puffin Books)
Price: 3.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Price, 8 Nov 2010
Ah, how I love these books and when the Kindle price drops to at least the same price as the paperback then I'll consider buying them. Until then I won't.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2014 3:56 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2