Profile for Margaret White > Reviews

Content by Margaret White

Margaret White "book eagle" (Lanarkshire Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Autumn Killing (Malin Fors)
Autumn Killing (Malin Fors)
by Mons Kallentoft

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like Mons Kallentoft's writing, 13 Feb. 2015
Really like Mons Kallentoft's writing. Have followed Malin Fors series since the start. This one sees Malin unravelling following the kidnap and near murder of her daughter. Will Malin still be able to function as a person never mind a detective?

The Memory Box
The Memory Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful first novel, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Memory Box (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful first novel. How much can we learn about ourselves by googling our own name? Psychological thriller that keeps you wondering and guessing all the way through. Do we really know ourselves? Is our truth the only story of our life? So many questions about relationships with others as well as ourselves. Made me wonder how much I REALLY know and how much I make up to fit my view of the world and my own comfort zone. Excellent read

The Last Pair of Ears
The Last Pair of Ears
by Mary Frances McDonough

3.0 out of 5 stars poetry of the soul, 11 May 2014
This review is from: The Last Pair of Ears (Paperback)
Loved the way poetry is used. Heartfelt. Mary McDonough has presented these in a sensative and soul searching way that speaks right to the heart beautiful

The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
by Michael A. Singer

5.0 out of 5 stars life changing, 15 Sept. 2013
I really connected with this book. It made me think about who I am and feel the person that is my Self. Written in a nice easy style that is accessible to everyone. If you read no other self help book this year I would recommend you read this one.

THE OBSERVER'S BOOK OF AIRCRAFT
THE OBSERVER'S BOOK OF AIRCRAFT
by William (Compiled By.) Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacing the puppy edition, 17 Jan. 2013
As this was a replacement for one that my puppy chewed I wasn't sure how it would be. IT was in as good a condition as the one we had lost and the information about the aircraft is so interesting.
Also the seller was very efficient and it arrived long before the due date.

The Tao of Equus: A Woman's Journey of Healing & transformation through the Way of the Horse

5.0 out of 5 stars Tao of Equus, 10 Jun. 2012
I used to have this book but lent it to a "friend" and never got it back. So happy to have it now on my Kindle. This book is beautifully written about the spiritual connection between horse and human. It is a book that I will return to again and again as it reminds me of the beauty of the natural world and animals we share it with. We are pack animals like the horse and we can learn so much from these creatures on how to live in the pack in peace and harmony. Also learn about ourselves and how we can live with ourselves internally.

Angel Heart [DVD]
Angel Heart [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mickey Rourke

5.0 out of 5 stars heart of the Angel, 6 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Angel Heart [DVD] (DVD)
This is an old favourite of my husband and I.
The film stars Mickey Rourke and Robert Di Nero in a very dark film. It is set in the present or is it? There is a really good plot running through it and the amount of symbolism is fantastic. The ending is very well done and I don';t want to give anything away. I would recommend this to fans of Interview With A Vampire and others that like to work out plots and twists.

River Phoenix The Biography
River Phoenix The Biography
by John Glatt

5.0 out of 5 stars River, 31 Aug. 2011
This is a good book that pulls no punches. The sad early loss of River Pheonix is still felt by people young and old and his story is well worth reading.

The Haunting of Toby Jugg (A Black Magic Story)
The Haunting of Toby Jugg (A Black Magic Story)
by Dennis Wheatley

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, 13 May 2011
Good read which hasn't lost any of it's power afetr all these years.
Well worth reading and should be known as "a classic".
Will read this again and again.

The Objective [DVD]
The Objective [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonas Ball
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars The objective is to review, 5 April 2011
This review is from: The Objective [DVD] (DVD)
Good modern day sci fi. Well presented but leaves a big question at the end. Enjoyable, exciting and thought provoking.
Well worth watching.