Profile for Long > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Battle Earth XII
Battle Earth XII

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this really the end?, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Battle Earth XII (Kindle Edition)
I started reading this series two years ago whilst travelling and have waited anxiously for each instalments release.

I did think that the series struggled near the middle but over the last three books it has really picked up again and finished strongly.

The adventures of colonial Taylor have been really enjoyable and one that I would recommend to others. The quality of writing has lacked at times but throughout the series you bare witness to the writers development.

Although the writer has made it clear that this is a 12 part series the ending would suggest there is potential for more and having enjoyed these books as much as I have I would welcome a new adventure for earths saviour. Lon live the immortals!

The Undead Day Fifteen
The Undead Day Fifteen
Price: 2.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Haywooooooooood!!!!!!!!!! I want day 16 now!!!!!!!!!, 15 Jun 2014
Not much more that I can add that the other reviews haven't already said. Another brilliant read with more twists and turns that keep you glued to the pages from start to finish.

If you have read all the books to this point then, guaranteed, you are emotionally involved with the characters and I felt that this book more than any tested those emotions.

From Mr Haywoods Facebook page to his blog and to comments on hear it is clear there is a mass following of these books and as part of that following I would say that if the writing remains at such a high standard as this then I look forward to day 100 already.

Keep them coming.

Into the Darkness (Darkness #1)
Into the Darkness (Darkness #1)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit too short but so enjoyable, 12 April 2014
Once I started this book, I wasn't able to put it down, wish it was longer but thankfully there are more of these books

The Slaver Wars: Retaliation
The Slaver Wars: Retaliation
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 Feb 2014
If I didn't have to work I would have finished this in a single sitting. This book so so difficult to put down.

Having read the other books I had high expectations and I am very pleased to say that I wasn't disappointed. From the opening chapter I was hooked and it was one of those situations where you constantly monitor your % progress and get a little depressed as you get closer to 100.

The book was a perfect continuation of the story and I thought it was a great set up for future releases. Gutted I read it so quickly and now have to wait for the next book but at the same time looking forward to see what happens next.

Battle Earth X
Battle Earth X

5.0 out of 5 stars return of form!!!!!!!!, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Battle Earth X (Kindle Edition)
Great to see that MR Thomas has churned out another excellent read. After books 7&8 I was slightly concerned that the series had got a big old and the story had gone in a strange direction but Nick has delivered a very exciting twist which has made me fall in love with the series all over again.

I believe there are going to be 12 books in total in the series but if the quality can stay at this level I would be more than happy to pay for any additional volumes should they be written.

The Slaver Wars: First Strike
The Slaver Wars: First Strike
Price: 2.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 22 Oct 2013
Loved the book from start to finish. Plenty of action, great character development and cracking story line. Many authors go into too much detail and take too long to actually tell the story but this is not the case with this book. Here you just get action sequence after action sequence. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next one.

Similar to another review the only down side for me was the lack of development around the alien allies but I'm sure this will come in the next installment.

Battle Earth VIII
Battle Earth VIII

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cliffhanger, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Battle Earth VIII (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the first six stories in this series but book 7 was a real let down. This instalment however is much improved from the last and is starting to bring back the enjoyment from the earlier stories.

There is still some way to go to bring it back upto the level we have previously seen but I look forward to seeing what happens next after an excellent cliffhanger.

Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (PS3)
Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have listened to the other reviews., 7 Sep 2013
This game is awful don't waste your money. Graphics are terrible and the game play is dire.
Not what you would expect of a ps3 title.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 7 Sep 2013
Doesn't come with any instructions but I found it quite straight forward. Just pop the clips of the old ones and lift out the clicks on new ones before putting in place and pushing the clips in.

Couldn't be simpler and struts worked perfectly.

Well worth the money

The Slaver Wars: Alien Contact
The Slaver Wars: Alien Contact
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to read more!, 7 Sep 2013
I read the moon wreck series first then this and although I knew the ending I still thoroughly enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down. The action scenes were great and the characters developed through out which leaves you wanting to see where they go from here in later stories.

I can't wait to read Fleet academy and more after that.

The author has done a great job. Really enjoyable read.

Page: 1 | 2