Profile for Jayne Westwood > Reviews

Content by Jayne Westwood

Jayne Westwood (Guildford)

My Way - An Assertiveness Toolkit (Aspire Leadership Toolkit Book 1)
My Way - An Assertiveness Toolkit (Aspire Leadership Toolkit Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Assertiveness books I've seen, 23 April 2012
If you're looking for a highly practical, easy to absorb book on the topic of assertiveness, look no further. I find most personal development books either too long winded, superficial or just plain boring so am pleased to say this is none of the above. The writers get straight to the point and the toolkit follows a logical structure with plenty of advice on how you can diffuse difficult situations, tips and tricks to get a change of mindset. Highly recommended.

Trudeau Graviti Battery and Gravity Operated Pepper Mill Black Chrome 19 cm x 6 cm x 6 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish plus excellent for arthritic hands, 3 Feb 2012
I bought this for my Dad who suffers from arthritis in his hands but loves cracked black pepper. This is so easy and simple to use and looks great on the table. HIghly recommended not just for the elderly but anyone. As the pepper comes out of the top you don't have any annoying mess in your cupboards, worktop or table either.
Just about to order him another for salt.

Kikkerland Stone Resin Pushing Men Bookend Pair, Black
Kikkerland Stone Resin Pushing Men Bookend Pair, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars looks good but sometimes move beware!, 27 Mar 2009
I bought these for my new ktichen to stand either side of my recipe books on a midi unit. They do look good but I have found that against the number of books I use them with they have on occasion moved. The first time one fell onto the worktop below and smashed the biscuit jar :-( On another occasion one has fallen on its side and got chipped (need a black felt tip here to cover up the mark).

Top marks for looks but not heavy enough for my needs.

Swift Spice 34 cm/ 14-inch Heavy Gauge Carbon Steel Wok
Swift Spice 34 cm/ 14-inch Heavy Gauge Carbon Steel Wok

4.0 out of 5 stars Large capacity wok, 27 Mar 2009
This is a bargain price for a quality piece of equipment. I am very happy with my purchase which arrived speedily.

The only 2 things I would say are negative is that I found it difficult to season the wok on an induction hob. it worked but took a lot longer than the insturctions suggested and did not go as far up the sides as I would have liked. However this has improved slightly after a couple of uses and so far nothing has stuck!

It is a very large wok - larger than I was expecting so I now have to keep this one in a different cupboard to my last one.

Swift Supreme Chefs Pan/Sauté Pan & Lid, 2 Handle, 26cm
Swift Supreme Chefs Pan/Sauté Pan & Lid, 2 Handle, 26cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing pan - would never be without it now, 2 Mar 2009
I bought this pan when I got my new induction hob. It is so versatile and wonderful to cook with that I just wouldn't want to be without it now. Fabulous for meals you make every day. Start off a casserole on the hob and pop it in th oven, risottos cook lovely and evenly thanks to excellent heat distribution in the base. Shepherds pie made in here then popped in the oven once the mash is on etc. It looks good on the table so you can serve from it too. Easy to wash and all round fab. As you can tell I love it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2010 6:42 PM BST

Every Teen Girl's Little Pink Book on What to Wear (Little Pink Books (Harrison House))
by Cathy Bartel

1.0 out of 5 stars ?, 11 May 2008
Has anyone read this that would reccomend it? I would like to buy it but I don't want to waste my money...
Please could someone write a review if they have read it A.S.A.P, it would be very helpful.
Thank you. x

Great Fast Food
Great Fast Food
by Gary Rhodes

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot recommend highly enough, 2 May 2006
This review is from: Great Fast Food (Hardcover)
I originally borrowed this book from the library and it was so good I just had to get my own copy. All the recipes are made in 30 minutes, many are less and most are around the 20 minute mark so this is a perfect book for midweek cookery and informal entertaining. Lots of simple and easy ideas with fairly standard storecupbard ingredients that don't break the bank. The recipes are laid out in simple steps and we're talking 3-6 steps to get your meal on the table!

The recipes are organised in an easy fashion so it's quick to find ideas and every recipe has a large full colour photo so you can see what you're aiming for. This is the first recipe book I have ever bought where I want to make virtually every dish. By the way the book does not include any recipes for desserts but in no way do I feel this detracts from its value.