Profile for georgie > Reviews

Content by georgie

georgie (Colchester, Essex United Kingdom)

Jerusalem
Jerusalem
by Yotam Ottolenghi
Price: 15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 25 Oct 2012
This review is from: Jerusalem (Hardcover)
I was initially attracted to this book as being something a little different but essentially of a mediteranean theme. This is exactly what the book is. I have enjoyed reading it and am looking forward to sampling a lot of the recipes. Thankfully there are pictures of recipes that have unusual names. A good buy.

Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey / Fifty Shades Darker / Fifty Shades Freed
Price: 9.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelled to get to the end, 26 Aug 2012
This was the first book of this type I had read. Some of it was a bit of an eye opener, but then I found it became somewhat repetitive, but perhaps that is what this type of book is meant to be? The second part of the trilogy was better than the first as you established more why Christian Grey was as he was. I couldn't see how the second book would end in a manner that would make me want to read the third part. However, it did. I enjoyed the third part better as it had more of a story. At the end there was perhaps a promise of more to come, but I don't think I would read any more of this. It was an easy read and the fact that I wanted to find out how it ended made it a bit of a page turner (couldn't put it down on holiday) which is why I rated it 4*, but despite this I still wouldn't read another "fifty" book.

MoVida: Spanish Culinary Adventures
MoVida: Spanish Culinary Adventures
by Frank Camorra & Richard Cornish
Price: 12.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting authentic Spanish Cookery Book, 9 Mar 2012
Having seen Movida's concept and a couple of recipes demonstrated on Australian Masterchef I was excited to see if a book was available. I read the couple of reviews and felt this would be a good buy. Very traditional authentic recipes with a good section on paellas.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2012 8:34 AM BST

Extreme: My Autobiography
Extreme: My Autobiography
by Sharon Osbourne

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sharon Osbourne Biography - Fabulous!, 27 Oct 2005
It took me four days to read the Sharon Osbourne Biography. It was amazing! I couldn't put it down because it was so gripping. It is definitely a must read book.