Profile for Wise Witch > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Morphy Richards 720502 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner with Variable Steam
Morphy Richards 720502 9-in-1 Steam Cleaner with Variable Steam

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiled floors look great!, 30 May 2014
I use the steam cleaner on ceramic and terracotta floors and am very pleased with the end result. I have a wood block lounge floor but am not sure that steaming this is a great idea - the floor was laid over 20 years ago and I'm not sure it it sealed/.suitable for steam cleaning - same applies to other solid wood floors and, of course, laminate. I haven't worked out how to vary the steam - anyone got ideas on this?

The End Of Mr. Y
The End Of Mr. Y

3.0 out of 5 stars Different!, 25 May 2014
This review is from: The End Of Mr. Y (Kindle Edition)
I have persevered with this book but it has often been difficult - obviously not meant to be believable this book often becomes too clever and one feels the author is trying to prove how highly educated she is!! This is not a relaxing read but if wish to have your scientific - other worldly - interests challenged this is for you

The Expats
The Expats

4.0 out of 5 stars Secrets, secrets and more secrets!!, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Expats (Kindle Edition)
A very readable book and reasonable story line if, at times, quite unbelievable!!! Surely impossible for such secrets to remain hidden during an, apparently, close marriage. However, I did enjoy the book which is well written and, despite earlier comments, I rate it quite highly

Cabal (Aurelio Zen Book 3)
Cabal (Aurelio Zen Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Aurelio Zen, 22 Sep 2013
Although I do enjoy the Zen books they are sometimes a little complicated to follow - that is if you are looking for a relaxed read at bed time!! I am glad I have this book and may well re-visit it in the future, I will certainly purchase others in this series.

bpro ® 6 VACUUM COMPRESSED STORAGE SAVING SPACE BAGS 80 X 60 CM Clothing, Duvets, Bedding, Pillows, Curtains . Including free first class day delivery
Offered by bpro® Dibag® official store

4.0 out of 5 stars Vaccum compressed storage bags, 22 Sep 2013
These bags are made of sturdy plastic and seem to be holding the linen in a good vacuum - only snag was when sealing the bags the blue slider which closes the seal keeps coming off and one has to start over but once this little hitch is overcome they are very good.

DIY & Tools - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
DIY & Tools - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card

5.0 out of 5 stars so easy to obtain!, 16 Jun 2013
We have a large family with a wide range of interests so to be able to purchase gift cards for individuals, reflecting those interests, from Amazon - which is used by them anyway - makes life much simpler and the recipient can then choose their gift from a great range. Printing the vouchers was simple to do - I will definitely, now I have used this service, make these a regular purchase.

The Good Doctor
The Good Doctor

3.0 out of 5 stars my thoughts ...., 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Good Doctor (Kindle Edition)
I did enjoy reading this book but although well written I did find the 'situations' difficult to accept - possibly because of a very different culture. I would recommend the book however but bearing in mind the foregoing!

Morphy Richards Cafe Mattino 47070 Programmable Filter Coffee Maker - Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely coffee ready in no time!, 3 May 2013
I was prepared, after reading existing reviews to find that there was likely to be a leakage of water at the back of this machine - I am glad to report this has not been the case. It has a pleasing appearance and although a good size doesn't seem to take up that much space on my work surface. I haven't found a need to program my Mattino yet so cannot comment on that element hundred percent satisfied!

The Psychic Tourist: A Voyage into the Curious World of Predicting the Future
The Psychic Tourist: A Voyage into the Curious World of Predicting the Future

4.0 out of 5 stars Blinkers removed?, 2 Nov 2012
Coming from a family which, on one side, believes with out doubt that there is a load of communications coming across from the dear departed and, on the other, that spiritualism is the devil's church. I am caught betwixt the two. I have a daughter who is convinced and a son who is, equally, unconvinced. I waver between the two partly because my grandmother (who considered spiritualism the devil's church) was woken during the war by a nephew she had raised appearing at her bedside who told her he was alright and she had nothing to fear when crossing roads! The next day she received a telegram notifying her that the minesweeper on which he served had been sunk and all lives lost. Ever after that she terrified me by dragging me across very busy roads convinced, as she told me, that Alf would see after us!! Well we were never run down
but whether thanks to luck or Alf I do not know!! So - jury still out despite all that investigatory research!!

The Etymologicon: A Circular Stroll through the Hidden Connections of the English Language

5.0 out of 5 stars Meaningful words!, 26 Aug 2012
I have always been interested in words and their origins. I found The Etymologicon both amusing and enlightening. I wish I could remember all the information I have gained from reading this book and know I shall keep it at as a reference. It must have been time consuming but rewarding to do so much research into our words. What an interesting language we have inherited!

Page: 1 | 2