Profile for Joe > Reviews

Education, Education, Education & War
Education, Education, Education & War
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars I Like What I Like, 6 April 2014
This Album is Brilliant! I don't know much about music, I don't know what makes a song good or bad but as the title says 'I Like What I Like' and I like the Kaiser Chiefs. This review is just for fans, or possible fans, on the edge, wondering whether or not to purchase this Album. I am a massive fan of the Kaiser Chiefs but I will try to not be bias in my opinion. To be honest I really didn't like The Future is Medieval apart from 3 songs (those being 1. Child of the Jago 2. Man on Mars 3. Coming Up for Air) so I was worried that this Album might also fail to deliver, combine that with the bands original drummer having left and there is more than enough room left for fair doubt. But there is no need to fear, the Kaiser Chiefs have made a wonderful album that I am glued to 24/7. I love every song. And as for the drumming, well, its fantastic, its different in a way that still fits the band really well. So I will call their new drummer, bless him, one of the Chiefs.

People say that the band sounds different compared too their first and second albums and I agree but this is not a bad thing like so many people claim. Everything changes and a group of individuals music is no different. All anyone can do is try to see that it changes in the right way. Like I think this has.

There are two songs on this album which I think came right out of one of their first, second or third albums; The Factory Gates and Misery Company. The Albums single 'Coming Home' feels a bit out of place here but is still top notch but my favourite song by far is 'Ruffians On Parade', I cant stop listening to it! All the songs on this Album are Ace and, apart from my previously mentioned favourite, I have to give special mention to 'Meanwhile Up in Heaven' and 'Roses'.

Over all I think that this Album is suberb and would highly recommend it to any one who enjoys the Kaiser Chiefs earlier work. Peace. #alwaysonetypo