Profile for Mr. B. Belmar > Reviews

Content by Mr. B. Belmar

Mr. B. Belmar (leeds)

Simulacra and Simulation (The Body in Theory: Histories of Cultural Materialism)
by Jean Baudrillard

4.0 out of 5 stars it's alright, 6 Aug 2005
no actually, there is some good stuff in here. baudrillard is smart but a little fatalistic about everything. he likes taking things as far as they go which always means death for him and maybe that is precisely why i think he is flawed. because he games end with death and i don't think that's true.

Finite and Infinite Games
Finite and Infinite Games
by James P. Carse

5.0 out of 5 stars For the select few., 17 July 2005
This book is one of those that polarises peoples opinions. Some find it amateur in content, boring or even pointless but then others like myself glean so much from it, and that depends on starting from the right point and following the progressive trail that the author takes us on. It can be very abstract at times and you may have expected some fun because it says "games" in the title, but here are some very good insights into the the inevitability of mankind playing itself through from start to finish. It's a tool, a lexicon and so remains a sort of kaleidoscopic reference point on life. I don't wish to discredit the authors effort in any way as I have gained far too much from it for me to merit an attack.

British Hardcore Sex: Volume 1 [VHS]
British Hardcore Sex: Volume 1 [VHS]
VHS

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh my word!!, 19 July 2003
If this is what the British call hardcore then we really must be a nation of conservative prudes. I could easily allow my granny to watch this without worrying about her reaction. That is not what I call hardcore.