Profile for Siobhan Norman > Reviews

Content by Siobhan Norman

Siobhan Norman "Tiggy" (Ireland)

Crunchless Xtreme Abs [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Crunchless Xtreme Abs [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Jackie Warner
Offered by supermart_usa

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great one from Jackie!, 12 Jan. 2015
I have a few of Jackie's workouts and I like this DVD as there are some great ab moves here and each section is only 15 minutes long. There are 2 sections-one standing and one floor work. Personally I use ankle and wrist weights to increase intensity but there are also modifications for beginners so everyone is catered for here.
One thing that I don't like about it though is that there is a great music soundtrack but it is not really used during the movements and I find myself using the beat of the music instead of matching the cadence of those onscreen-it makes me feel out of sync but I prefer to keep to the beat..
Thats only a small complaint though and I would recommend this DVD to anyone of any level.

Gilad: Abs Workout [DVD]  [US Import]
Gilad: Abs Workout [DVD] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Gilad Janklowicz
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars Great presenter, not such a great workout., 16 Dec. 2014
While some reviewers on Amazon.com have commented on the age of this ab workout I really don't think that is the issue here. Gilad is a very good presenter, giving good and timely cuing but In my opinion this is not one of the best ab workouts that I have used-it cannot in any way be considered an 'advanced' workout, which was what I was looking for. Also 40 minutes to work the abs is just too long when there are more effective (and shorter) versions out there. Who's got 40 minutes to work the abs when there's other training to do? For many years I have done mixed training for 1hr to 1hr30mins a day/7 days a week and would not waste 40mins of it just working abs.
I am giving this DVD 3 stars only because of the presenter, not the workout itself. I love Gilad and have other workouts of his, most of which are very good but sorry Gilad, this isn't one of them.

Thelwell's Riding Academy
Thelwell's Riding Academy
by Norman Thelwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past!, 18 Oct. 2013
I grew up with Thelwell books and it was so nice to be able to see one again. I made the mistake of giving away my collection many years ago and have regretted it ever since.

Thelwell's Riding Acadamy is as good as I remember, great fun for a (previously!) pony-mad teenager. Great drawings and comical captions. Really love it!

Yoga Meltdown [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Yoga Meltdown [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, 13 Jun. 2013
There are 2 workouts - each 30 mins long. I do one or the other after my weight training or cardio. For someone fairly fit I wouldn't consider them intense enough to do on their own but for anyone who isn't quite as fit or indeed just needing a slightly easier sesh then I would highly recommend this DVD.
There are some good stretches also.
I have seen some of her other DVDs and have found her rather over-the-top behaviour a bit irritating - as if a workout is a good one (as most of hers are) it would be good to do them regularly but the irritation factor is so high in some of hers I'd prefer not to. In this DVD she is a bit more understated in her manner and Yoga Meltdown is definitely one I will do again.

X-TrainFit: At Home Workout [DVD]
X-TrainFit: At Home Workout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stephanie Oram
Offered by X-TrainFit UK

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have done my homework!!, 8 Feb. 2013
Boy, oh boy do I wish I'd done a bit of research on this dire set of DVDs. I was swayed by some of the 4 and 5 star reviews I'd read (I'd like to know what some of these people were comparing this to that makes this warrant such praise!)

All has been said in other 1 and 2 star reviews (which I wish I had read before buying this) - annoying presenters, SLOW instruction, AGES between each move, wonky camera work and bad sound. Other than that it's fine!!

If you want genuine training I'd recommend Cathe Friedrich's 'Gym Style' series of DVDs - FAR superior to this.

Save your money - even at a bargain price this is a waste of your hard-earned cash.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2013 12:13 PM BST

Pilates For Men with Lindsey Jackson [DVD]
Pilates For Men with Lindsey Jackson [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lindsey Jackson

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor effort, 13 July 2012
I'm female and have been training at a competitive level for years (weights, running, cycling) so would consider myself very fit. I bought this DVD as I was looking for something that would help with flexibility.

The moves aren't particularly taxing but I am very concerned by some of the movements because, at times, strict form is not followed as well as it should be. I have never had a problem with my back before but this workout actually caused me a (hopefully mild) lower back injury which I have still not fully recovered from.

On top of that I find the instructor very irritating - sometimes giggling at nothing and generally being annoying.

There are a lot better instructors out there - namely Cathe Friedrick, Karen Dubbs and Troy Jacobson to name a few.

50's Dress Tattoo Flock Long Red Size 10 (S)
50's Dress Tattoo Flock Long Red Size 10 (S)
Offered by Tiger Milly

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow this is a fab dress!, 8 Sept. 2011
This dress is so gorgeous I bought two of them! One in red and the other purple. Both are beautiful, with a fantastic fit. Great price too. Highly recommended.

Tron Legacy (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Tron Legacy (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Michael Sheen
Offered by A2Z Entertains

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG this is bad!, 14 Jun. 2011
There's not many movies made for the 'Active' 3D TV at the moment so I bought this one to get some use out of my new TV. I really did not enjoy this - I found it to be over-long and boring. Maybe you have to be a really big sci-fi fan (which I'm not) to get the most out of it.

There are many reviews by those who have enjoyed it so I'm happy to acknowledge that I'm probably not it's target audience!

If you're like me and looking for a movie to make use of your new technology I'd advise you to look elsewhere unless you're a REAL fan of this genre.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2013 11:45 PM BST

LEARN TO DRIVE IN 1 LESSON DVD
LEARN TO DRIVE IN 1 LESSON DVD

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, 25 Jan. 2011
This DVD really is a missed opportunity. There is a definite need for decent driving instruction DVDs but I'm sorry to say this is not it. Way overpriced too - it should be no more than £5, even then I would not recommend it. Very basic information - do we really need a DVD that shows someone drawing an 'H' on a piece of paper and not much else? There is nothing in this that could not be gleaned from a friend that drives and you wouldn't even have to move their car! 'Practice holding the accelerator on 2000 revs for twenty seconds at a time' is about as useful as it gets.
I'd strongly advise that you spend your hard-earned cash elsewhere!

Loose Women: Let Loose - The Very Best Of Loose Women [DVD]
Loose Women: Let Loose - The Very Best Of Loose Women [DVD]
Dvd ~ Carol McGiffin
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 10 Mar. 2009
If you like 'Loose Women' you'll love this. All the best bits on one DVD - hope they do more.