Profile for Mrs. Marilyn Mahabir > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Marilyn M...

Mrs. Marilyn Mahabir (Leicester, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Garmin nuvi 50 5 inch Touchscreen Satellite Navigation with UK and Ireland Maps including charger and suction mount
Price: 66.99

4.0 out of 5 stars wide screen and clear view, 12 Jun 2014
I really like this sat nav which was bought as a replacement for my Tomtom One which no longer held its charge. The Garmin is vastly superior to my previous one and very simple to program and to use. It is a similar price to my previous one and I like it a lot more.
If you are hesitating about which brand to buy, have no fear. This is very good value for money.

Teach Yourself Visually MacBook Air (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Teach Yourself Visually MacBook Air (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
by Guy Hart-Davis
Price: 14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 12 Jun 2014
I am rather disappointed with this book as it does not really cover the aspects that I was particularly interested in. If I had browsed through it in a book shop it would have been fairly obvious that it did not cover the word processing program "Pages" in anything other than a scanty overview. I bought it on line so was not able to discover that it did not have what I needed.
If you want to learn all about the on-line aspects such a safari, cloud, i-tunes etc you will probably be happy with it but for what I wanted it just does not fit the bill.

Leather Strong Cleaner 250ml
Leather Strong Cleaner 250ml
Offered by Life-and-Home
Price: 12.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not get rid of a ball point pen mark, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Leather Strong Cleaner 250ml
I ordered this specially to remove some ball point pen ink that could not be removed with the other cleaners I have. The word "Strong" gave me hope that this might work but it didn't. I guess it will be ok for generally freshening up the suite but I was disappointed that it did not achieve what I hoped it would achieve.

Aranjuez
Aranjuez
Price: 13.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A real treasure, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Aranjuez (Audio CD)
Milos is a real treasure. We went to see a concert where he played all the music on this disc. It is a terrific reminder of such a great evening. He plays so beautifully.

Masione™ Aegis Series 11'' Slim Faux Leather Sleeve Carrying Bag & Case for Macbook Air -- Ultrathin Soft Premium Leather Sleeve Case Cover Also for other 11inch ultrabook -- Brown
Offered by ATekCity
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 5 May 2014
Absolutely ideal for my 11 inch MacBook Air. Attractive to look at and excellent value for money. Love it. Nice colour too.

MacBook For Dummies
MacBook For Dummies

3.0 out of 5 stars bought the wrong book, 5 May 2014
It is probably not very fair to review this book because I realise I bought the wrong book for my version of MacBook Air. I was a complete novice and did not realise there were other versions which would have suited me better.
I also made the mistake of ordering the Kindle version. Although I love my Kindle it is more suited to novels and other books that I want to read once - not reference books. When you only want to dip in and out of certain chapters it is so much easier when you have a hard copy in front of you. I'm sure it is a very good book but the fault lies with me in choosing a) an electronic copy and b) the wrong version for my machine.

IBP Healthcare IBP Sonic Ultra Violet Rechargeable Toothbrush
IBP Healthcare IBP Sonic Ultra Violet Rechargeable Toothbrush
Price: 42.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The best sonic toothbrush I have owned., 14 April 2014
I have had quite a few sonic toothbrushes over the years including the big name brands. None of them has been as good as this, and some cost a lot more too. I particularly like the size of the head which is not too large. I have a rather exaggerated gag reflex so I really appreciate a small head. It lasts a long time from one charge which is ideal when going away for a few days. The three settings, clean, whiten and massage are great. You can tell by the speed and sound of the vibrations which setting you are on without looking. It is the first one I have had with an ultra violet sanitiser and it is reassuring to know that the head is kept away from the open air until used again. I really like this brush and for the price it is excellent value.

For Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190 Plain Black Pouch PU Leather Magnetic Flip Case Cover + Stylus + Guard
Offered by MobileExtraLtd
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it purports to do., 14 April 2014
I like this case. It feels good to the touch. I particularly like the stylus which is a really useful addition. It arrived ahead of schedule too which is always a big plus for me.

Madcase Apple iPhone 5 5s Premium Leather Wallet case Stand Cover incl. Screen Protector and Stylus Touch Pen - Black
Offered by Gadgets 'N' Bits Ltd.
Price: 5.90

4.0 out of 5 stars very good value for money, 14 April 2014
this does exactly what it says. It is very good value for money too. It arrived in good time and in good condition. What more does anyone need?

Braun Oral-B Vitality Precision Clean Rechargeable Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B Vitality Precision Clean Rechargeable Toothbrush
Price: 17.49

4.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 14 Mar 2014
It was bought as a present and the recipient has said "my teeth feel clean after using it. Easy to handle and a good price. It is my first electric toothbrush so I don't have anything to compare it with".

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4