Profile for Nephan > Reviews

Content by Nephan

Nephan

PC Trading® Mini USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter - Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-Bit + 64-Bit), Windows 8 (32-Bit + 64-Bit) - Supports Bluetooth v2.0 and v1.2 - 3Mbps - Retail Packaging
Offered by PC Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 25 Jan 2014
After reading a number of mixed reviews concerning this adaptors compatibility with Windows 7, I thought I may just be wasting a fiver. However for the likely frequency of use, I was reluctant to spend the £15 or so upwards for a better adaptor so ordered anyway.

I found no problems for what I bought it for - namely playing music from my laptop to bluetooth speakers. No interruption of sound as some reviewers have experienced,.so am happy with it, especially for the price

The Monologue
The Monologue

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a new talent worthy of your attention, 20 May 2013
This review is from: The Monologue (MP3 Download)
I recently saw Jacob on the Jools Holland show and was very impressed with both his voice and the song. I think he sang "Rainy Day" which is on the EP. Did a web search and found this recording which I duly purchased.

The songs are a mix of 50/60s soul/gospel sounds and more contemporary themes such as "Kids On The Corner"

He reminds me very much of Sam Cooke with his smooth silky voice allied to some well crafted songs - faint praise indeed ! Certainly with the current crop of female R&B singers such as Emile Sandi hogging the limelight, it is refreshing to find a quality male singer in a similar genre. I would definitely recommend buying this 8 song EP as it's light years ahead of the typical trashy chart fodder you hear every day on the radio.

I would have given it 5 stars but my only slight criticism is the balance of songs in this collection. Whilst all the songs are good,I would have liked a couple of more up tempo numbers mixed in. That's only a personal opinion after the first couple of hearings, and one that may alter over time

Traveller of the Century
Traveller of the Century

2.0 out of 5 stars Is it me?, 30 Jan 2013
I bought this book having read excellent reviews from both the media and other purchasers. The book description seemed to offer something different from the usual type of novel I would normally read.

However in total contrast to these reviews, I struggled with it right from the first few pages.Is it a philosophy book? Is it a history book? Certainly as a novel it bored me rigid with it's slow pace and tedious deliberations between the fictious characters on various subject matters that were relevant 200 years ago.

If there are any interesting/exciting parts then I missed them as I gave up reading the book about a quarter of the way in. I think its appeal is probably very "niche" and possibly for readers more literate or philosophically minded than myself.

Sorry, but it didn't do it for me !

How To Write and Publish Ebooks: The Top 20 Questions Every Ebook Author Needs To Ask

5.0 out of 5 stars A Genuine Low Cost High Income Generator, 4 Feb 2012
What Jim Edwards doesn't know about creating profitable ebooks isn't worth knowing. I've been one of his e-newsletter subscibers for a number of years now and the information he gives is totally BS free.

Jim's been creating ebooks virtually since the internet was invented and he always gives genuine, honest and no hype stategies for making money online. He is one of the original "gurus" in this subject area - and one of only a few I would say are worth taking notice of.

Many regard ebooks as an "old hat" way of making money on the internet, but with their popularity soaring as e-readers become increasingly popular, this short book sets out a clearly defined way for the average person to produce their own books on popular subjects that people will want to buy.

There has never been a better time for the "average joe" to create their own low cost /high profits business to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity. For anyone slightly interested this is a must purchase as a subject introduction.

If after reading this, you find it's something you want to pursue, then there is a further publication of Jims he recommends(as I do!) that will teach you the "nuts and bolts".