Profile for Keek > Reviews

Content by Keek

Keek

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Nokia DT-910 Universal QI Wireless Charging Stand Compatible with Nokia Lumia 720/820/920 - Black
Offered by B2B TRADING

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Samsung S6 users, 16 Jun. 2015
I really wanted to love this product, it really does look well and its exceptionally neat and tidy however the contact point for wireless charging is rather small and it doesnt reach the Galaxy S6 contact point, either Portrait or Landscape.

From my testing, the charging contact point is just in the centre of the charger where the circle and Nokia branding are located on the charger itself.

The charger does work but you need to prop the phone up on a lighter out something.

Unicom Wind Up Power Beam 13 LED Spotlight
Unicom Wind Up Power Beam 13 LED Spotlight
Offered by Altomond

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, 16 Aug. 2013
It was smaller than I expected....which is a good thing.

I bought this to keep in the boot of my car, in case the batteries of my torch went. I also wanted something I could leave on the ground that wouldn't roll away when changing a tyre. This does the job.

Very bright light, beam is focused into a spot focus. It does provide a wider light beam, 'Flood Focus' to a small degree too. This not on the same scale of the likes of a LED Lenser P7, but I was pleasantly surprised at the brightness.

Battery winding is working as claimed. The winding mechanism is a little stiffer than other winders I've used.

Only 3 cons:

You have an option for regular beam, for a 'Turbo Mode' for a brighter beam, but you have to keep your finger pressed on the red button for the Brighter mode, when you let go, you revert back to the regular beam.

The USB ports at the back are exposed, so I don't see this flash light doing very well in the rain. Just tape this with Duct/Insulation tape if you are concerned.

Made in China!

Still though, its definitely one of the better wind up torches on the market. Very handy to have in the house or car.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, 3 Aug. 2013
These blades work fine, fit perfectly, not problems at all.

Delivery to Ireland was very fast.

Thanks very much for the good service

Parker S0705560 Jotter Ballpoint Pen, Stainless Steel with Chrome Trim Gift Boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a good pen, 3 Aug. 2013
What more to say, its a cheap good quality pen.

I have 4 or 5 around the house.

Writes well, comfortable to hold, fits great in a shirt pocket, its tough and leaves a better impression than a cheap plastic rubbish pens that everyone else uses.

Pacsafe RFID-blocking compact bi-fold wallet
Pacsafe RFID-blocking compact bi-fold wallet

1.0 out of 5 stars Incorrectly Described, 17 July 2013
This product is/was described as a Passport Protector when purchased, it's not, so don't bother buying.

It is a standard sized wallet, which is not what I wanted. You're passport hasn't a snowballs....of fitting in this wallet.

On the positive side, it is a very good, high quality item, attractive design and has something to offer, just not for passports. The RFID protection would still be applicable for things like contactless credit/debit cards. My one star is based soley on the product description, and how it misled me into purchasing.

Amazon's returns service has been first class too.

Ring RAC630 12V Automatic Digital Tyre Inflator with LED Light, Adaptor Set and Storage Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Motorist Needs One - Excellent, 16 July 2013
Forget any other brand for aircompressors, I was tempted between this and the more expensive Micheline models, but opted for this due to its small size, and handy, neat carry bag.

I'm very particuar about my tyre pressure, I check it every week with a seperate pressure gague, and usually top up my air every 2/3 weeks.

It works very well with any measurement, PSi, BAR and KG/CM. I prefer BAR, my my Dad borrows it, and he like PSi.
Display is back light, so night time reading is easy.
Auto cut off is excellent, just set your desired pressure and you're off, you can do something else like dip your oil as the tyre inflates.
Takes up no space in the boot.
The tyre delate option is really good too, and you can deflate to an accurate level are the pressure gague on the compressor updates as your deflate.

I have this unit for over a year now, as mentioned above, I use it fairly regularly on 2 cars, and it's working just as well as the day I bought it.

My only cons would be the LED light, it's not particularly great.....it's actually fairly useless. I've a Led Lenser P7 and a Petzl Headtorch in the car at all times anyway, so the light isn't a big feature for me. But it's something to bear in mind if you are buying this compressor with the intention or relying on the provided light. It's only good enough to find your dust caps.

I found the valve connector a little bit fiddley and plastiky, unscrewing it from the tyre valve could be smoother, you do loose air, but I'm nearly certain the compressor gives a little extra air to compensate. When I check the typres with my other gague, the readings are at the desired level. Once you get the hang of it, you can minimise the air loss(as I unscrew the hose from the valve, I usually press the hose into the valve as I unscrew it, and this minimises air loss for me anyway.

As connecting the hose to the valve can be a little combersom, I'd encourage people to use a seperate pressure gague for their regular checks, and use the compressor strictly for inflating

It's a great unit, and something every driver should own! Ring owe me some commision at this stage, at least 5/6 friends & collegues have bought this unit after seeing it in action. At work, when ever anyone has a flat, I'm known as the 'guy with the pump' so it gives you a good oppotunity to rescue damzels in distress!

PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)
PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm pleased with it..., nothing specal however, 12 Dec. 2012
This is a very handy item to have around the house.

The way the USB ports are laid out, it means it has a fairly low profile when plugged in. I've used other 4 port chargers are they massive and fairly cheap looking. This one at least looks fairly trendy!

The LEDs are a bit of a novelty, they are bright, but not in a big way. They would only bother a sensitive sleeper if you are using in a bedroom.

This also DOES NOT charge my Asus Transformer Prime, hence my docking it 2 stars.

Works fine for all my other devices
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2012 9:16 PM GMT

NEBO CSI 8 LED Black Tactical Laser Self Defense Flashlight Model #5077 Includes 3 Batteries!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Little Light, 27 Nov. 2012
Love this little flash light, I already own a LED Lensor P7, but I wanted something a bit smaller and lighter so I can stuff in my jeans pocket for when walking home at night from the pub. My house is down, in what we call a Boreen in Ireland. The road is not lit up in anyway, and cars tend to treat it like a WRC track.

Be safe, be seen!

Light output is really very good. Not in the same league as my P7, but not very far off the Flood light setting. This is nothing like the small LED flash lights you see for sale in the petrol stations/pound shops. A real quality item, build quality is top notch and this torch looks much more expensive than it actually is.

It's got 4 Functions; On, Laser Pointer and Flashing. If you press and hold the power botton, it will going in SOS mode where both the Laser Pointer and the Light do the Morse code thing.

Battery Life is really good too.

The Red Laser Pointer, is a nice novelty, great for having a bit of craic with cats, they go mad for it!

Berghaus Men's Spectrum Warm Fleece Gloves
Berghaus Men's Spectrum Warm Fleece Gloves
Price: £8.77 - £13.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Love them., 27 Nov. 2012
Love these gloves, very warm, very comfortable and not very bulky at all.

Easy on & off, the cuff as several people have mentioned are not a problem at all, the fit really well on your wrist and the gloves doesn't move about. The only issue I have with the Snug cuff is; I wear a large(ish) watch, the glove isn't very comfortable over the watch. I just don't pull the glove over the watch anymore!

I got the medium size and they fit perfect. If any one has any doubts about sizing, check out the Berghaus website and you can get the measurements on the 'Sizing' page.

Rolson 61762 9-LED Torch and 3-LED Head Light Set (3 Pieces)
Rolson 61762 9-LED Torch and 3-LED Head Light Set (3 Pieces)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great. You get what you pay for,, 27 Nov. 2012
Took a punt on these and honestly, wish I hadn't bothered,

They are a great price, but the quality ain't much to write home about.

They have a real pound shop feel to them, and the light on both hand held and head torches whilst bright, are really only useful for close up work.

I've given the two hand helds to my neighbour's two young lads, and they absolutly love them, sure every young boy loves a torch!!

Great torchs for children, other wise don't bother. If your on the lookout for a decent headtorch, Energiser have some decent stuff that won't break the bank.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3