Profile for Ac Marzotti > Reviews

Content by Ac Marzotti

Ac Marzotti "Annalisa C. M." (UK, Nottingham)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars My fiancé loves them!, 31 Dec 2013
I wouldn't normally give socks for Christmas unless specifically asked to, but my fiancé was keen on a really soft and comfortable pair that wouldn't leave marks around his sheens/ankles. He also wanted something good to look at, stripy and colourful. They are not easy to find! I did some research and these came up.

A week on, he's tried on every pair from the pack and is delighted with them. They are soft and comfortable, but they also have a good design. They wash well and seem to have kept the softness and colour. So top marks for making socks not a boring present at all, but something he still talks about! We need to get out more... :-)

Pettex Premium Clumping Cat Litter 20 kg
Pettex Premium Clumping Cat Litter 20 kg
Offered by BuyAllMeans
Price: 11.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't clump well enough and it's too heavy, 31 Dec 2013
I've tried a few litter types now as our new rescue cat Tilly seems to be generally happy to try things out (within reasons!).

I've been looking for something that suits her but that also won't cost the earth. I admit I saw this Pettex product and decided to give it a go because of its price, even despite the mixed reviews, to try out at least once.

It just so happens that the day before Tilly got poorly and started using her box almost continuously to wee. Every time it was just little amounts, impossible to collect properly as they wouldn't clump. But even now, a few days later, as Tilly's recovering well and her litter routine is getting back to normal, this product remains horrible to use for anything wet. Whatever clumps, breaks as soon as it's scooped up, meaning wee-stained litter grains drop right back onto the rest.

I've learnt this product is false economy because the litter needs changing more often. There are better options with smaller litter particles that clump really well. They do cost a few quid more but they've lasted better.

By the way, about the 'heavy' bit in the title, this litter also broke my good scoop in two!

Royal Canin Indoor 27 Cat Food 400 g
Royal Canin Indoor 27 Cat Food 400 g
Price: 9.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be perfect for my cat and it's good value, 12 Aug 2013
I bought this to slowly add some variety to my cat Tilly's diet. She's taken to it and I have noticed that her stools are better, though thankfully she's always been ok. It's still not her absolute favourite so I mix it in but she does seem to like it.

Health Store Organic Red Quinoa 500 g (Pack of 3)
Health Store Organic Red Quinoa 500 g (Pack of 3)
Price: 10.35

5.0 out of 5 stars A very tasty alternative to the more popular white variety, 12 Aug 2013
I tried the Health Store's organic red quinoa because I was looking for something different to taste but not too expensive to buy. I am already a huge fan of the white quinoa variety but I read that the red variety had a 'roasted' taste which appealed to me.

It does has a wonderful nutty flavour and looks really good on the plate when part of a bean and veg salad or as a side. Cooked by itself may be a bit bland (personally I still like it) so I do tend to cook it in stock. It doesn't take much longer than brown rice to cook and, like it, I'd recommend washing it quickly first in a sieve. Also, try roasting it a bit in a pan before adding water/stock to it.

All in all, I'm really happy with it. It tastes lovely, it's healthy and it can be used in so many different ways that I'll definitely buy it again.

Teapigs Liquorice and Mint piglets 2 tea temples
Teapigs Liquorice and Mint piglets 2 tea temples

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the packaging, great little present for an adventurous tea drinker!, 6 May 2013
I'll say straight away that sadly I can't comment on the taste as I've bought this as a present but I will say that it's come in lovely little packaging and the flavours listed are quirky. It's also small enough to be something you can take away with you - it will be travelling back with my dad's wife to Italy this summer so I needed something compact.

PRO PLAN HOUSECAT with OPTIRENAL Rich in Chicken, 3kg
PRO PLAN HOUSECAT with OPTIRENAL Rich in Chicken, 3kg
Price: 15.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, which our indoorsy cat loves. Visible differences to her coat and hair ball control, 6 May 2013
Since having our female adult cat Tilly, we've tried to introduce her to some variety, and she's been happy to experiment. She came to us with Whiskas as her dry food option but I read it isn't supposed to be that good. So we tried a small pouch, 300g, of Pro Plan House Cat and two other brands.

Tilly loved this variety so she took to it straight away. Then, within weeks, we started noticing how shiny and soft her short black coat was. Also, one hair ball only, months ago, which I think is pretty good!

We now buy the bigger 3kg bag because it's cheaper. Ours is still going after 2 months, and there's probably enough left for another month.

By the way, we also feed Tilly some wet food in the evening, to make her diet complete.

Catsan Hygiene Litter 20ltr 10200g
Catsan Hygiene Litter 20ltr 10200g
Offered by Pet Connection
Price: 15.47

2.0 out of 5 stars Tracks everywhere, impossible to collect, 14 Mar 2013
I've been trying different types of litter now and was sadly so disappointed with this one. We have two cats, one planned, rescued in Nov 2012, the other completely unplanned, a stray who came to us in February 2013. Our female is tidy but still can't help tracking the stuff everywhere. The boy poops nonstop and also tracks it everywhere, but a little more clumsily. Because the granules are so chunky, they're hard to miss from floor to floor. But I guess that could be seen as a positive for easier pick-up...

My main issue though is that it does not clump properly. The granules are too big and turn hard on contact with the faeces, meaning clumps break into very small chunks, which the cats will track around the house too. It also makes scooping these smaller clumps out of the cat box difficult (they just go through the scoop!). No matter how tidy I keep the boxes for our little ones, the boxes still look dirty, dotted by specks of pooey litter that you can only pick up with a teaspoon. Not worth the effort, money and frowned catty brows my cats show me after I've picked up their latest lot, in a sort of "Can you start from scratch please, new litter n' all?" way.

Seriously, I was surprised given the positive reviews I've read. I guess it's personal preference but in no way, shape or form did Catsan work for us.

Kookai G2780 Women's Jumper Noir Small
Kookai G2780 Women's Jumper Noir Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but elegant, perfect for work, 10 Mar 2013
I bought this top because it looked ideal for my work wardrobe. It's light, stylish, a classic design with a bit of a twist, the added back neck zip. I love the contrast between the black cotton waist and the barely see-through shoulder pattern. I didn't give this a 5* only because I have to agree with another reviewer when she said the sizes are larger than normal. I'm a size 10 and bought small. Normally this or a tight medium would be fine but small here is still a little bit too wide for me at the waist. It doesn't put me off wearing it but I would have preferred it to be more figure hugging.

Olsen 150751223 Women's Cardigan Noisette Size 10
Olsen 150751223 Women's Cardigan Noisette Size 10

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful casual yet very stylish cardigan. Would be 5* if it hasn't been for the colour...., 10 Mar 2013
I love Olsen and to me finding this top, in the sales too, was an amazing find. I can't stop wearing it because it fits with most items in my wardrobe. It's casual but smart, of noticeably high quality and importantly it's really comfortable to wear. It's a simple design but does have interesting details and patterns. My only reservation is the colour because I bought it thinking it would be brown, like the picture shown online. Instead, the colour of the cardigan I received was closer to mushroom. Thankfully I don't mind, it is a nice colour and still works well for me, but it's worth bearing this in mind, if the colour is really important!

Desigual Seisnueve Plain Women's T-Shirt Red Ocre 10
Desigual Seisnueve Plain Women's T-Shirt Red Ocre 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful brand, 7 Feb 2013
I love Desigual. Admittedly, not everything is 'me' but that would be like having my own personal designer... not quite within my price range! Desigual is as good as it gets and worth every penny. I now have several items by the brand, some bought online, some (lucky find as I just bumped into the shop!) bought on holiday in San Francisco, and everything has always fitted me like a glove and looked great.

When I saw the 'Seisnueve Plain Women's T-Shirt Red Ocre', I knew straight away that was just my kind of top. I received it a few days later and I already know it's going to be hard for me not to want to wear it every day, much like my other Desigual items.

Love it all - how it all looks, how it fits and feels, and how people compliment it when I wear it!

Page: 1 | 2