Profile for Amazon Customer, Manchester > Reviews

Content by Amazon Custome...

Amazon Customer, Manchester (Manchester)

What's Smaller Than a Pygmy Shrew? (Wells of Knowledge Science)
What's Smaller Than a Pygmy Shrew? (Wells of Knowledge Science)
by Robert E. Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book (it's nearly as good as the companion ..., 8 Nov 2014
I love this book (it's nearly as good as the companion "Is a Blue whale the biggest thing there is", which blew my mind the first time I read it and really appreciated just how little we are in the scale of things). I used it with my year 4/5 class, they enjoyed it and it helped them understand a little more about microscopic creatures, molecules and atoms. A lovely, accessible book.

Rasta Hair Net - Snood - Crochet Hair Net Snood In Rasta Colors
Rasta Hair Net - Snood - Crochet Hair Net Snood In Rasta Colors
Offered by The Accessory World USA

5.0 out of 5 stars They are great for keeping your hair back when cooking and a ..., 8 Nov 2014
This review is from: Hair Net Snood (Apparel)
This is the 3rd snood I've bought from this company. They are great for keeping your hair back when cooking and a little more stylish than a cap or standard hair net. This one was a present for my son who is a keen cook and reggae fan - keeps his dreads out of the way and looks pretty good on him.

Eames Bone China Crayons Mug
Eames Bone China Crayons Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Love these mugs.

Dunlop Nudie Tees
Dunlop Nudie Tees

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Dunlop Nudie Tees (Misc.)
Dunlop, stop making these now.

Reflex SR008 Ladies / Unisex Purple Silicon Sports Watch
Reflex SR008 Ladies / Unisex Purple Silicon Sports Watch
Offered by BM ENTERPRISE (UK) LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 28 Aug 2012
I was very happy with this watch for general sports use. It is quite big and chunky but I like that. You can adjust the face to show you how long you've run for, which was basically what I wanted. Unfortunately it died when I forgot to take it off while swimmming in a lake but wouldn't have expected it to be truly waterproof at that price, so will just get another one.

Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer in Gloss White with Liquidiser
Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer in Gloss White with Liquidiser
Offered by Electrifyingdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 28 Oct 2011
I already had a food processor and a hand mixer so found it quite hard to justify buying a Kenwood, but now I've had it a few months I'm so glad I did. I think this basic model is great - simple, well designed and a joy to use. I love that it is a British design classic and I expect it to last me for years.

Chef Aid 4 Hole Tea Towel Holder, White
Chef Aid 4 Hole Tea Towel Holder, White

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and cheap, 2 Feb 2011
Thought this was a bargain but actually it's just cheap. Really flimsy plastic and quite fiddly to fit. The 4 cups which hold the tea towels are separate from the part which screws into the wall - they push in from behind but don't actually attach to the holder so you have to balance it while you fix it. Decided not to send it back and am giving it a try but not convinced it will withstand much useage - barely functional. Wouldn't have bought it if I'd seen it in a shop.

Normann Copenhagen Dustpan & Broom - Dark Grey
Normann Copenhagen Dustpan & Broom - Dark Grey
Offered by lottie-bean

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but not very functional, 16 Oct 2010
This is a really lovely looking dustpan and brush but not very practical in use. The bristles are very soft so don't direct the sweepings very effectively, and the pan has no handle so is quite awkward to hold. Because the pan is curved, you can only sweep into the centre of the front edge - much less effective than a traditional pan with a straight edge and rubber trim.You certainly wouldn't want to use it for more heavy duty sweeping e.g. in the kitchen. I have kept mine to use for light sweeping upstairs and am looking for something cheaper, less beautiful but more functional for general use.

Womens Black Stretch Upper Wedge Shoes - Black Pu - UK 3-9
Womens Black Stretch Upper Wedge Shoes - Black Pu - UK 3-9

1.0 out of 5 stars no response from seller, 29 Mar 2010
Was quite happy with this shoe until I wore it. Toes wore through on first day so shoes now unwearable. Seller not responded to email - very poor service. Would not buy from this seller again.

The Complete Beck Diet for Life: The 5-Stage Program for Permanent Weight Loss
The Complete Beck Diet for Life: The 5-Stage Program for Permanent Weight Loss
by Director Beck Institute for Cognitive Therapy and Research Clinical Associate Professor of Psychology in Psychiatry Judith S, PhD Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the sanest diet book around, 23 Oct 2009
A very sane and balanced approach to sustainable weight loss. No quick fix, does require considerable commitment, but likely to succeed where more superficial approaches fail. Aims to break the diet binge cycle by suggesting a relatively generous food plan but then helping you stick to it for the long term. I was concerned that this might just re-hash her previous book, but lots of new material - highly recommended.