Profile for Marco (UK) > Reviews

Content by Marco (UK)

Marco (UK)

Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body (The Build Healthy Muscle Series)
by Michael Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Change the way you train!, 20 July 2013
I bought BLS, The Shredded Chef, and Cardio Sucks. I would recommend all three. If you are going to only get one, make sure it is BLS.

I've trained on and off for 13 years, and I did the usual three times a week 1 hour and half in the gym all round body workout, the, or supersets etc. - sure i made some gains but nothing ridiculous, and mostly it was easy to give up or make excuses of not hitting the gym. Moreover, workouts seemed a chore, followed by long sessions of cardio. BLS will change your thinking. Sure 5 days a week seems a lot for weights - but it's not when training heavy and frequently (But only one muscle group), and the weights can be done in 30/45 mins. No longer do I agonise about spending hours in the gym, this way I approach the gym with intensity and look forward to each routine. This way of training will help your muscles grow, the old ways resulted in over training. (which I never realised)

However, this is only half the story. This book really helps explain nutrition, and what you need to eat to help grow your muscles. It really is an eye opener. I found out I was eating far too many carbs, and not nearly enough protein (and I thought I was eating relatively healthy and enough)

Follow this book, do the exercises, and follow the nutrition, and you will realise your goals. Don't give up on Mike's advice, the first month or two you will be adapting to this regime, but as you become more familiar you will really start to see results. If you are extremely disciplined and get used to it straight away you will realise changes in the first few weeks. It is difficult to break bad habits, and changing up your nutrition may be difficult but it is worth it in the long run. Yes it is hard cutting back on certain foods, increasing others, and getting used to training everyday, but this is a game changer. I would never dream of going back to the old way of training.

Lastly, Mike will answer any questions you have by e-mail. A real good bonus if you ask me, and like having your own personal trainer by your side. (Without the cost!!)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2013 5:34 PM BST