Profile for S. Smith > Reviews

Content by S. Smith

S. Smith "sitorimon" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
QuickBooks Premier 2014 - 1 User (PC)
QuickBooks Premier 2014 - 1 User (PC)
Offered by Bargain Direct UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Has been fantastic for me whilst I'm sorting out going self employed ..., 26 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Has been fantastic for me whilst I'm sorting out going self employed with a new business. I'm so paranoid that I will trip up and this means that I can record everything as I go and get a lot of reports etc. I love the customisation features. I would recommend going for some youtube tutorials though to watch and try your own styles and layouts because as there's so many options in that regard, you can feel overwhelmed.

No longer need those file binders now!

Starting a Home Business For Dummies
Starting a Home Business For Dummies
by Rachel Bridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Strangely stilted!, 13 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's lots of good content in here but there's a heavy tilt towards getting ideas and evaluating exactly when you are ready to take the plunge. It's interesting because surely we are interested already if we are using the book. Using that space on something else and summing that up quiet quickly would have been better. There's tons for the beginner in that respect, but then sometimes it's American side gets in the way with laws etc.

One of the best sections this book has is the pricing section though - that bit is golden and really helps anyone who does their own crafts actually value their craft properly!

Informative, great for kicking off new ideas and laying them out - however those beyond that and waiting to really drill down beyond pricing, it may not answer what you're after.

Child's Pose [DVD]
Child's Pose [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luminita Gheorghiu

3.0 out of 5 stars A Mothers Love, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Child's Pose [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Child's Pose is a difficult film because no one is entirely right and everyone is a shade of wrong. A mother goes to all kinds of lengths to get her son off the hook after he runs over and kills a teenager. However whilst he has been an utter idiot, he's acting out because his mother is so asphyxiating he is lashing out to get away. Both of their behaviours are terrible for different reasons but you keep watching to see where it all ends up. The reason I've only rated it three stars is because I waited for some kind of closure to the relationship but the end doesn't really give one and so it felt like there was no pay off.

Hotel Tycoon Board Game
Hotel Tycoon Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great update of old classic, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Hotel Tycoon Board Game (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's the third adaptation of Hotel and whilst the same property management rules remain, it's nice to see things getting a reboot. The board looks nice, the 3D Hotels trounce Monopoly's houses and it's good fun to play with 3 or more players. It's like Monopoly lite without giving too much away and games do not go on nearly as long either. Recommended for anyone over the age of 8/9 as there's a fair bit of maths to do.

Rescue 2013 (PC DVD)
Rescue 2013 (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Devolving Over time, 22 Nov 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rescue 2013 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The problem with Rescue 2013 is that the older titles in this series are better and this appears to be a cheaper cash in version of the same thing. The fact that Rescue 2014 is already out and looking better makes this look like a dodgy reboot that didn't quite work out. It's fine enough, the concept is fun and if you don't mind dated graphics you can get some decent sim management out of it, but it's too shallow, too repetitive and spends too much time ramping up the difficulty by just saying "do it faster" without adding much new content.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Before and After - no one noticed!, 15 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So I agree with plenty of other reviews here, I tried a before and after with my other half who said "that's not funny, now go and do it for real!" Think that says it all really. Yes, it works a tad better with a bit of soapy water but it's the worst shaver I've tried so far.

Eden Of The East Movie 2 - Paradise Lost [DVD]
Eden Of The East Movie 2 - Paradise Lost [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryohei Kimura

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 13 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Maybe its because I hadn't seen the previous series before the movies but I still found everything very confusing and it doesn't work as a stand alone film. You must know the anthology behind it. I managed to get the first movie and then rewatched this and it made a bit more sense and was thus more enjoyable but this is really one for the fans and everyone else can just appreciate the visuals.

Rosetta Stone, Japanese, Version 4 TOTALe: Level 1, 2 & 3 (Mac/PC)[OLD VERSION]
Rosetta Stone, Japanese, Version 4 TOTALe: Level 1, 2 & 3 (Mac/PC)[OLD VERSION]

3.0 out of 5 stars Very steep learning curve not made easy!, 25 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Learning Japanese was never going to be easy and it's a mistake to try and sell it as anything else. Divided into flash cards that repeat and try to capture your intonation, Rosetta Stone is certainly fun and quite fast paced. You build vocabulary at speed although I do question what it actually picks for you to learn and after a terribly long winded install process (discs, codes, updates, patches, online registrations, mic tests and so on) the user interface starts to improve.

There is however two key flaws to the product which are really hindering me. There is SO much that is left unexplained. You're left to wonder about sentence structures, masculine/feminine or live/inanimate. There's words that constantly pop up that I'm saying but I've no idea what they actually mean. What's missing is the grammar aspect. I know its boring and heady but just a simple explanation would accelerate my learning ten fold. I would also argue it throws a few new words at you at once and leaves you guessing what's what at times too.

However the format is fun and interactive and I am slowly but surely getting there. It's so valuable to hear the words but there's no highlighting of the Japanese symbols to what sound matches each symbol so that's a shame.

Still yet to find a kit that hits the nail.

Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 THX Certified Speakers
Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 THX Certified Speakers
Offered by MP3 Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for PC use, 25 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was so glad to get to try these out as my very old creative 2.1 speakers had nearly had it but I'd got a set up I wanted and didn't fancy changing lightly.

Installation was easy and simple and they worked straight out the box without drama. I really like the fact that the speakers sit slightly off the ground because there's a small loophole to tuck the wires behind the speaker in so it looks tidy and clean. The speakers look nice too.

The woofer is particularly good quality sound wise and has a separate control to the overall volume so you can get the balance right that suits you. I've used it to great effect for my music making to test out bass lines and percussive beats and the stereo works well for games too.

All in all, for a make I'd never heard of - I'm well impressed.

200 Easy Cakes & Bakes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
200 Easy Cakes & Bakes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
by Joanna Farrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the set!, 18 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I struggled with the healthy eating one but obviously with easy cakes and bakes, calories and fat content matter not a jot!

One of the best parts of the book is actually the opening chapter which goes to good lengths explaining some really handy best practices and tips like making a wax paper cradle to pull your cake out of a tin, tin types, what's good for what type of cooking and some basic elementary rules of ingredients. Basic? Yes. Essential to refresh and remember? Absolutely.

The recipes themselves are usually split into 3-5 stages and have an alternative version that borrows a lot of the process and changes one or two flavours. I've made a few now and they've all turned out yummy. Pictures are always a must in cooking and there's plenty here too.

Best of the set I've got so far and I'm working my way through!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20