Profile for Stephen Cross > Reviews

Content by Stephen Cross

Stephen Cross "BASI Ski" (UK)

KitSound BoomBar Universal Portable Rechargeable Stereo Bluetooth Sound System Compatible with Smartphones and Tablets including iPhone 3/3G/3GS/4/4S/5/5S/5C, iPad 2/3/4/Mini/Air, iPod Nano 7th Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation, Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4 and MP3 Devices - Black
Offered by UK Supplies
Price: 23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, powerful music, 28 April 2013
I looked for sometime to find a Bluetooth speaker at a reasonable price. I wanted music in the kitchen from my laptop but didn't want to spill anything on the keyboard. The Kitsound has a nice deep sound with considerable power - more than enough for private listening. This is convenient to connect - speaker icon select device and click connect (after initial pairing).

I have also tried it with my Samsung Galaxy and it connects automatically without issue and produces rich notes with the added bonus of being able to make calls using the built in microphone.

This method is easier than dragging out connecting cables and safer than having my laptop exposed to the dangers of my cooking skills...

Great bit of quality kit in a nice case.. Thoroughly recommended

Jabra CRUISER2 Bluetooth In Car Speakerphone
Jabra CRUISER2 Bluetooth In Car Speakerphone
Price: 40.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Bluetooth handsfree, 28 April 2013
I was looking for an easy bluetooth system that would play music as well as take calls whilst driving. The Jabra Cruiser did exactly what I asked; clear music and clear calls. I have had it for a week or so and it has been faultless; it connects without issue and plays music loud enough through the built in speaker but much better via the FM link that is incredibly easy to use.

I have only one issue - you have to remember to charge it up! I have been disappointed when getting in the car only to find it's dead.. My fault not the Jabra...

NB: I recently had use of a friend's Jeep Cherokee with Bluetooth A2DP - It took me ages to figure out how it worked and the calls through it were not of the quality of the Jabra.

Delkin Pop Up Shade Universal 3.0" LCD Black (DU3.0M BLK)
Delkin Pop Up Shade Universal 3.0" LCD Black (DU3.0M BLK)
Offered by OptixMania
Price: 7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars What a simple but excellent little gadget!, 22 May 2012
I saw one of these on my friends Nikon. I wish I'd thought of it before Delkin as it is brilliant and I can understand why they are not as standard on all cameras!

The build quality is excellent, the fit perfect and it works on my Panasonic FZ45 What more can I say?

Thoroughly recommended in all respects. This is in my top 5 gadgets of all time (and I've had a few).

Battery for Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 / 1545 Li-Ion black
Battery for Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 / 1545 Li-Ion black
Offered by ukoutlet
Price: 12.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 26 Mar 2011
This battery was returned 6 weeks after delivery. After 5 weeks my Win7 system on my Dell showed the battery as 'charging correctly but nearing the end of its servicable life' and it was almost dead a week later. Amazon, as usual displayed their excellent customer services and returns system. Overall I should have remembered; you get what you pay for but I did think it would have lasted a bit longer than 5 weeks.

2013 Rayzor Professional UV400 Black 2 In 1 Ski / SnowBoard Sunglasses / Goggles, With an Anti Fog Treated Blue Iridium Mirrored Anti-Glare Clarity Lens and a Detachable Elasticated Headband
Offered by Sports Eyewear
Price: 69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good - better than the price would indicate, 21 Jan 2010
I bought these glasses on impulse last year. From the outset I was impressed by the quality and feel of them (the slip case could be better though). I have used these for 4 weeks for snow sports; one week skiing for myself and three as an instructor and they have been faultless, even in bad weather they have performed well. I really like the removable inner rubber 'goggle' surround as this allowed me to ski tour without the goggles steaming up too much and easily replace it for Alpine or powder. I have not used the elastic headband as they fit nicely under my lid without it. Overall: Comfortable, effective, stylish and excellent for the price.