Profile for Perrruche > Reviews

Hawkwind - Winter Solstice 2005 [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Hawkwind
Offered by jim-exselecky

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have read amazon.uk before....., 19 Feb. 2013
I apologize. I should have read this comment here on amazon.uk before ordering this one. But because i am a lazy man (french of course ...) i ordered this DVD. Why ? only because I LOVE Hawkwind since "doremi fasol latido" I bought in 197...(forget that date please, i'm not young anymore with my body, but my brain stills works as in 197...? (I hope so )
I love them. This band is in my own top 5 favourites bands for a very long time.
That's why I order all the DVDs I can of this band.
If one day, they'll do a gig in France, tell them I'll be there.
Mr Dave Brock, you're one of the best on this earth. Really.I swear it.
I love you.
Those last weeks I ordered the most DVD I can of this magic band. And I got jewels.
But this one, hum..., I 'm sorry to write that it is not good at all. A crap.

Only one (!!!!!!) CAMERA to film the show, right in front of the stage, without any zooming all along the show.
the sound is sometimes awful and sometimes "quite" good (average is the better word).

So I am sure it is a Bootleg filmed from the soundboard by one guy who stood a camera and recorded the show standing near his camera......and sold very expensive, without a soundboard sound...
A bootleg sold on amazon. A shame .... I am not against boots, I have many, but the price of them must be adequate (or free !) . I am not furious, but very disappointed to have bought such a bad thing on amazon.fr

Sorry fo my english

Patrick (France)

Watt
Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the best ?, 2 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Watt (Audio CD)
Watt is not the favourite album of TYA fans. It is a fact. But not for me. I am a French TYA fan for ever (hello Leo, Ric, Chick and Joe)and even Alvin Lee if you read that.
I don't know why, but "watt" is something special for me I can't explain.
perhaps because I discover TYA with this album. I am sure it the reason.
The cover art work is wonderful, very 70s, as "ssssh" or cricklewood green"
In this times bands made wonderful LP covers. (where do these times deasappear?)
My favourite song is "i'm coming on" . Simple, fresh, rock, with one of the best fantastic solo ever made.
But others are simply great, natural, uncommercial (sic...),as "gonna run" and all others.
A free one, a good one, a great one. The best you've done my friends. For me. of course.
It is still my favourite today.
Patrick, (France)

sorry for my english. hope you understand what I mean.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2014 12:03 PM BST

Life in Babalou [Vinyl LP]
Life in Babalou [Vinyl LP]

5.0 out of 5 stars fresh record and fresh band, 31 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Life in Babalou [Vinyl LP] (Vinyl)
I apologize to write here with a bad English as French I am, but I bought this record in UK, only because it is unavailable in France. I ordered in on amazon.co.uk and can't review it on Amamazon.fr. So please try to understand the great opinion I have with this record and this band I listen while writing that. It is a fabulous 70 like rock, very psychedelic, good rockin, with a very new approach of the 2012's of this kind of music.
Just listen to the organ !And the Guitar ! And the drum!

I sent an email to the band to thank them. Believe me, the answer they made to me shows they are very kind, very nice guys.
My hope ? to see them in concert in France.
Patrick, Lyon

Led Zeppelin [DVD](2003)
Led Zeppelin [DVD](2003)
Dvd ~ Led Zeppelin

5.0 out of 5 stars i just need one word, 9 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Led Zeppelin [DVD](2003) (DVD)
i am not english native language (french and you know how english language is hard for French people :)))))) , but anyway, only one word is needed for this led Zeppelin DVD, this word is : FANTASTIC

The greatest Music DVD I ever saw/ear/own.

The Brought Low
The Brought Low
Offered by groove_temple

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for ears and mind, 23 Jun. 2009
This review is from: The Brought Low (Audio CD)
I ordered this one few days ago, only because I've listened something of them on the web and I was pleased.
Got this one today via UK mail and i am really stunned : it is a marvellous record, rock'n'roll, heavy, heavy melodies. I am very sad this record hadn't more success before.
Sorry for my English.
Patrick

EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION

5.0 out of 5 stars TYA still rocks, 22 Nov. 2008
This review is from: EVOLUTION (Audio CD)
TYA was my favourite when I was 14. With Joe Gooch on guitar and vocals, they are still my favourites , and I am 51 now. They are doing a class A Blues rock. Fantastic band with Leo, Chick and Ric. Hello guys, keep on rockin'.
This CD is full of excellent blues rock, very well recorded. Very groovy.

Demons and Wizards Feat. Jon Schaffer and Hansi Kursch (Ltd)
Demons and Wizards Feat. Jon Schaffer and Hansi Kursch (Ltd)
Offered by Music-Finder

5.0 out of 5 stars great metal opus, 5 Feb. 2000
good voices, heavy guitars, heavy rythmns, but melodies are always here too. Very good record.