Profile for Julie > Reviews

Julie (Shropshire, England)

Churchill's Bodyguard  [DVD]
Churchill's Bodyguard [DVD]
Dvd ~ Churchill's Bodyguard

5.0 out of 5 stars Churchill's Bodyguard (12 DVD Box Set) - Excellent!, 4 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Churchill's Bodyguard [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD box set as a Christmas present for my 79 year old father who has always been a long-time fan and an avid admirer of Sir Winston Churchill. As my father's knowledge of Churchill is already extensive, I thought it would be almost impossible to purchase anything that could enhance his knowledge and interest, however, this 12 DVD boxset really ticked all the boxes. It offers a new and unique insight to this great war time leader through the experiences of his Bodyguard Walter H Thompson over a period of some 19 years. Wonderfully narrated by Robert Powell, and Dennis Waterman as the voice of Walter Thompson, these DVDs with previously unseen footage of truly gripping events really brings the WWll era alive in the 21st century. In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed watching these DVDs myself! Whilst highly educational, I feel that this is a 'must purchase' for those who have an interest in WWll & for Churchill fans everywhere. A truly excellent buy and one which made my father's Christmas!! Highly recommended viewing!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2013 12:52 PM GMT

Desperate Housewives: Season 1 [DVD]
Desperate Housewives: Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Teri Hatcher
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Desperate Housewives - Absolutely excellent!, 11 Nov. 2009
Having recently watched a couple of back to back episodes of series 3 on TV, I found myself totally enthralled in the characters, the storyline and especially the humour. I therefore just had to buy the first series to find out how it all began, then the second and third series to catch up to where I originally started viewing the show! After watching the first series I have to say I became a true fan and I couldn't wait to watch each following episode and each of the following series which are just as excellent as the first. Desperate Housewives ticks all the boxes for me, very well scripted with great characters, drama, humour & intrigue, and a storyline that keeps you wanting to watch to see what happens next. This is definitely one of my very best buys and highly recommended viewing.

Classic FM Relaxation: The Ultimate Piano Chillout Album
Classic FM Relaxation: The Ultimate Piano Chillout Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Comments, 11 Nov. 2009
This is an excellent CD collection. Another brilliant compilation from Classic FM. I consider this to be a very worthwhile purchase & one of my best buys.

Canon PIXMA MP 210 Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MP 210 Photo Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon PIXMA MP 210 Photo Printer - A good purchase!, 23 Aug. 2009
This is an excellent product, easy to set up and easy to use. It is relatively small & compact which is very useful should you have a 'mobile office'. I have purchased 2 of these printer/scanners to date and I have had absolutely no problems with either of them. I consider them both to be good purchases.

Wild At Heart: The Complete Third Series [DVD]
Wild At Heart: The Complete Third Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stephen Tompkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild At Heart - Series 3 DVD, 1 April 2009
Wild At Heart - Series 3 - Complete [DVD]
I ordered this on Amazon and was extremely pleased with everything in connection with this order. Its arrival was promt and I have very much enjoyed viewing this series - as have my family - about 3 times already! This is an excellent series and my very favourite at the moment. Beautiful animals, great characters and a really good storyline. I have series one and two as well and have watched these several times too. I can't wait for the release of series four which has just ended screening on TV. I sincerely hope that series four is available to purchase soon as I missed the first 3 episodes. I will keep looking on Amazon with a view to purchase to complete my collection. I very much hope they commence making a series five! It's a truly excellent program and highly recommended.