Profile for Troy > Reviews

Content by Troy

Troy "db" (Essex England)

Page: 1 | 2
Neo G Airflow Knee Support Medium- Medical Grade, Breathable, Slimline Design
Neo G Airflow Knee Support Medium- Medical Grade, Breathable, Slimline Design
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great.., 9 April 2014
I have a mild complaint with my right knee which prevents me from working out properly at the gym.
This support is so light I forgot I had it on.
It completely protected my knee which gave me the confidence to perform how I wanted to in the gym.
There is hardly any bulk to it.
It's reasonably 'breathable' which adds to it's comfort.
All told, I'm very happy with this product. Knee problems demand proper support, this one is perfect for me.

Lakeland Electric Griddle, Grill & Toasted Sandwich Maker
Lakeland Electric Griddle, Grill & Toasted Sandwich Maker
Offered by Lakeland

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it could be., 3 Nov 2013
With a decent handle, temp controls, a timer, flat and griddle plates, I thought this was the electric grill/griddle for me. It's simple to use, looks great and has a quality feel. It's easy to clean and changing plates is straight forward. The problem is it just does not get hot enough. I'm not talking about heavy duty cooking either. On the max setting even bacon wasn't done well. It's a shame. But if it can't cook bacon without boiling it, I think steak would be a let down. Sending it back....
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2014 8:38 PM GMT

GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)
GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)
Offered by TODO! TODO!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely BRILLIANT, 4 July 2013
The GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition. IS BRILLIANT!! That's all you really need to know but I'll elaborate.
Used the camera on my trip to Barbados where I snorkelled everyday. The camera performed beyond my expectations. The housing is perfect, the array of different mounts mean you can tote it almost any way you want.
Image quality is astounding. I use the Cineform software downloaded from the GoPro website and now have video taken of the Island reef at a better resolution than some programmes on my telly!!
You have to make sure you have the very latest firmware from GoPro downloaded onto the Mini SD card. Also set the camera up the way you want, after that you're set to get footage you simply won't believe.
Should you buy one? YES, if you want quality HD video from vantage points you've never had before. Where the mounts are concerned, the only limit is your imagination..

BRANDEV® Miracase Black Apple iPad Mini Case & 7 inch Android Tablet Cover, Sleeve - Premium, High Quality, Elegant, Extra Durable Design, Shock Absorbing Foam Interior, Great Protection for your Apple iPad Mini, Android Tablet PC, Epad, Apad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Ereader , Universal Device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 27 Feb 2013
This iPad Mini case is Perfect. It does exactly what I had hoped it would do and does it well. The materials are of good quality and offer great protection. I won't say you should go ahead and throw your iPad around but this case will take some abuse and still keep your equipment safe. Great piece of kit.

J.R. Tailor Fit Car Mat Set, Standard Black
J.R. Tailor Fit Car Mat Set, Standard Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the trick., 27 Feb 2013
Needed some mats to replace the original set that came with my car. These are perfect and at such a great price.

Silver Torque Plain Bangle
Silver Torque Plain Bangle

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 27 Feb 2013
This is a hollow bangle and therefore feels very light. Otherwise it's nice to look at just not what I was after. Returned it.

DURAGADGET Hardwearing Black Camera Carry-Case For Canon IXUS 220HS, 115, PowerShot D20 & A800
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

1.0 out of 5 stars A Case of mistaken identity., 27 Feb 2013
This is a fantastic case for a compact camera. But it has to be the right camera. The case itself is huge and could probably fit two Canon 240HS's. If this is what you're after, fill your boots. I'm now using it for storage...

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Just don't do it., 27 Feb 2013
This cable has ONE purpose. It is a cable to sync iOS devices. But the business end does not fit. It's too large and I urge you if you have already ordered one not to force it home or you WILL damage your iOS device. Foolishly, I tried to make it work and now I'm hoping I've not done anything bad to my iPhone 5. Now awaiting a refund, which, given the damage I could have done, is just out of principle.

NEW & SEALED GRIFFIN SMARTTALK SOUND ISOLATING BLUETOOTH HANDS-FREE HEADSET FOR iPHONE 3G 3GS 4 & 4S

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit.., 20 Jun 2012
I literally purchased this item for use in the car with my iPhone 4, so range was not really an issue for me, although I can tell you the distances stated in the manual were accurate for me (10 metres).
It sits comfortably in my ear and there are two other ear cups of different size included in the box. The thing itself is tiny; less than the size of a little finger and it weighs nothing.
The reception is Brilliant. Clear, crisp, and more than loud enough for everyone not needing aid with hearing.
In my humble opinion if you're looking for a cheap comfortable handsfree solution, consider this Headset. It's totally worthy.

Sony BDVE370.CEK 5.1 ch Blu-Ray Home Cinema System - Black
Sony BDVE370.CEK 5.1 ch Blu-Ray Home Cinema System - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Ab Fab...., 6 May 2011
Q, What does this system sound like and is it worth the money?
A. Absolutely sounds fantastic. And totally worth every penny.

Q. Is it easy to 'Set up' the system?
A. Yes, Although the 'Front' speakers could have a more generous length of cable. Everything is colour coded or clearly labeled.

Q. Will the system work with YOUR TV and other HDMI equipment?
A. This is the only problem I've had. My Sony TV only has TWO HDMI ports but I have 4 pieces of equipment to connect. Even though I've overcome the problem, everyone will do it differently. Obviously I want everything to run through my new Home Theatre but that just won't happen. What I'm saying is, take some time to work out how you want to use the system to get the most out of it.

Q. Is the Blue Ray player any good?
A. It's great. Works well with my 40 inch tv. Picture is as good as any I've ever seen.

Tried to give straight answers to the kind of questions I had before purchasing. I'm not saying there aren't better systems out there but for the money, I'm totally satisfied with the performance I've had, and if you do buy one, you'll be happy too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2011 4:31 PM BST