Profile for Franklin Schrans > Reviews

SPIGEN SGP New iPhone 5S / 5 / 5C Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic
SPIGEN SGP New iPhone 5S / 5 / 5C Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic
Offered by Spigen UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Installation tips, 6 Feb. 2014
Wipe your screen thoroughly, you don't want any dust in there. Inspect under a desk lamp.

Remove the cover with the "Back" label (paradoxically, not the once with the "1" written on it).

Stick it on the iPhone glass. To do so, look directly over the iPhone's screen and slightly bend the protector horizontally. Once you consider it's aligned, gently release the rest of the protector and it should stick to the screen. Push on the screen if it doesn't fit nicely.

Remove any bubbles by pressing down the squeegy using

At this point, if you see any dust, lift the screen protector by sticking one of the stickers on lifting. If the dust if on the adhesive side, you may use the squeegy as long as you make sure no dust is coming in.

If other parts of dirt introduce themselves inside, remove them only if they are really distracting you. Peeling off the protector over and over again will let dust come in even more.

Wipe off any other bubbles, remove the front cover, and wipe hardly with the microfiber cloth.

The screen might be a little sticky at first, but it'll soften overnight. I didn't notice it was on anymore.

SAVFY Standard Nano SIM Cards Adapters for iPhone 6 iPhone 5C iPhone 5S 5 iPhone 4/4S/3G iPad,Nano SIM Card Adapter To Micro
Offered by eLifeStore Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., 2 Feb. 2014
Fits my Nexus 5 perfectly.

A bit plasticky and loose, but not a problem since people usually put it in the phone and forget about it.

I lost the two adapters that I didn't use though, but that is my fault I guess.

Belkin 2.1 A Lightning Car Charger for iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, iPad Mini, iPad 4th Gen, iPad Air and iPod Touch 5G - Black (MFI Approved)
Offered by BESTBUYIT

4.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly fine, too bad it the lightning cable doesn't detach., 2 Feb. 2014
Charges quickly in my car, no problem whatsoever.

Only downside is that the lightning cable doesn't detach from the charger itself, but other options are available.

Fairly good price.

Texas Instruments Nspire CX-CAS Graphic Calculator with Touchpad
Texas Instruments Nspire CX-CAS Graphic Calculator with Touchpad
Offered by Sunday Jam

4.0 out of 5 stars Best portable calculator, but..., 2 Feb. 2014
Okay, you've probably read other reviews on how this calculator is the best portable one out there and all... And I agree. So if you need one, buy this one.

Even though it's the best one out there, I have encountered some problems.

First of all, the case seems to scratch the screen quite a bit. And it's not only on my calculator. I have lines on the plastic screen that diffract the colours.

Second, the battery indicator tends to work fine when it's at 50-100%, but when it goes under, the battery life just seems to diminish faster. I did calibrate the battery by emptying and charging up to 100%, but it didn't really change anything.

Thirdly, when charging by mini-USB, the calculator charges incredibly slowly (even when connected to wall adapter), and the cable has to be inserted in a particular angle in order to charge.

Besides that, the menus are not extremely intuitive, but it gets the job done, with hundreds of functions coming from various types of math. If you're at school, this is an absolute must, assuming your school allows this calculator.

If you need a portable calculator, this is the one to have. But if you don't need a portable one, check out wolframalpha.com

Spigen Ultra Hybrid Bumper Case for Google Nexus 5 - Black
Spigen Ultra Hybrid Bumper Case for Google Nexus 5 - Black
Offered by Spigen UK Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, but attracts dust and feels a bit plasticky., 18 Jan. 2014
I have used this case for two months.

The Spigen Nexus 5 case is one of the cases I have bought for my phone, and it is the one I use every day when I leave home.

The case is very protective, I've dropped my phone a couple of times and had no issues at all afterwards. It has a nice grip and doesn't slip out from pockets or hand, at least not more than a naked Nexus.

The clear back lets you see through the case or to put a custom image. But I see that as a downside. I've never put a custom image behind the plastic back. The provided samples are not elegant in my opinion, and printing out your own image is nothing more than a hassle. You have to cut out your image by yourself, which can be difficult. I've never seen additional cutouts for the case on Amazon either. The case does become quite dusty as well if you don't put a paper behind it.

The overall width of the case provides good protection, but definitely removes the edge-to-edge display experience given on the phone. It just seems to wide to use comfortably. It does have a lay on the table design, which is great if you want to rest your phone face down. The back, which is entirely in plastic, doesn't feel that great.

I usually remove the case from my phone as soon as I get home, to get the Nexus experience that I want, with an amazing build quality housing. And when I leave home, I'm happy to have this case to protect it.

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Elite Mechanical Keyboard
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Elite Mechanical Keyboard

4.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard for typers, but perhaps less adequate for gamers., 18 Jan. 2014
I chose the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate for the MX Blue switches. The feeling when typing on this type of mechanical keyboard is amazing. Finally I can type on a keyboard that doesn't feel cheap. This keyboard actually feels like people have been working on it thoroughly.

The addition of function keys is welcome, and isn't necessarily included in other keyboards. Also, I have found that the green backlighting is very useful, not only at night. With the lights off, the keys don't pop as much, and once you turn the lights on, you won't go back. I doesn't even feel like the keys are backlighted actually, but that there is simply a coat of paint on them.

The only hiccup that I've encountered is the fact that the symbols are under the numbers on the upper-keys, and not above them, as I was used to in all my other keyboards. None the less, I got used to it after a couple of days.

My typing speed has improved quite a bit (going from 70 words per minute to about 90). The keyboard does make quite a lot of noise, but nothing too much to wake up your neighbour. Plus, I find that sound quite satisfying. I however can't fully recommend the keyboard to a gamer who is used to play in competitions or in public rooms, as the sound can be an annoyance for others. Razer thankfully thought of that and a Tournament Version is available.

The keyboard is definitely not cheap, even for a mechanical keyboard, but it's one of the best options out there, from my experience. It is however on Amazon probably the best one you can get.