Profile for Ardfernbob > Reviews

Content by Ardfernbob

Ardfernbob (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sim Card Cutter For iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 3 "New iPad (2012 model), iPad 2, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S3, Note, Galaxy Tab 2 Nokia Lumia - Includes 2 sim Adaptors
Offered by Electro World

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 1 Jun. 2015
This card cutter does the job. It seems lightweight but does an accurate job of cutting SIM cards for iPhones. A simple and low cost solution to changing phones.

Hedgehog Gutter Guard Leaf Filter
Hedgehog Gutter Guard Leaf Filter
Offered by Truly PVC Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars More lazy time ahead!, 1 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Hedgehog Gutter Guard Leaf Filter
I have now purchased sufficient of these to fit all my gutters.

My house is surrounded by high trees which causes a major problem in spring and autumn with leaves building up and blocking the gutters.

The Hedgehogs are easy to install and certainly do what they are supposed to do.

I have deep fill gutters and the Hedgehogs lie in them without the need for any securing pins, even in high winds.

I now have more time to laze about rather than climb ladders to clear gutters and downpipes.

UK Version, JETech 5V/4A 4-Port USB UK Wall Charger Travel Power Adapter Portable Travel Charger (White)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 1 Jun. 2015
This has been a great purchase. Instead of having a 4 gang extension cable in the living room, I can now utilise just a single socket and when I travel it is definitely going to be a boon, saving me having to take a 4 gang extension with me on my travels across the globe.

The only potential negative is the brightness of the indicator lamp. It is great during the day as you can see if the unit is switched on. Also, if you want a night light then it is great. However, as I like a blackout when I am sleeping, a section of black electricians tape stuck over the lamp solves the problem.

All in all, a great product for both home use and travel.

iPhone 6/6s Case - Omaker [AIR CUSHION] iPhone 6 (4.7) Case Bumper [Comprehensive Protection] Air Cushion Technology Corners + Soft Slim Clear TPU Case with Unique Grainy Shock Absorption Design - ECO-Friendly Material and Packaging(Grey)
Offered by CHERRY STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great buy!, 31 Mar. 2015
A great purchase. Was concerned that I might scratch or drop my iPhone before I bought a cover. Now I can relax. The cover also makes it much easier to hold the iPhone, which is just a bit too slim for my fingers.

iPhone 6 4.7" Tempered Glass Screen Protector - Omaker Premium 0.33mm High Sensitive and Responsive Touch Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6 4.7" with Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint, Bubble Free, Explosion-Proof and Pressure-Resistant Function
Offered by Suntechgadget Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought it., 31 Mar. 2015
Simple to put on as long as you align the openings properly. Provides a tough cover offering full protection to the screen.

AKORD NW-18 300 Mbps Wireless-N 802.11 Wi-Fi Repeater Range Extender Router Booster
Offered by PGTA

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I wanted., 9 Mar. 2015
Does what I wanted it to do. Easy to set up. Reasonable range.

JUSTOP JSound 10 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones / Headset With Built-in MIC, Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Supports A2DP, Noise Cancellation, Up to 20 Hours Play Time, Handsfree Feature for mobiles, for use with Apple iTouch, iPad, iPhone, HTC, Sony, Nokia, Samsung Galaxy etc.
Offered by DigiDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase but watch when you are switching it off., 9 Mar. 2015
Does everything is says. Easy to connect to a variety of bluetooth devices. Sound quality is very good both for listening to music and phone calls. One thing to watch is when switching off. If still connected to the phone you have to press the switch for at least 3 seconds or it will dial the last number on your phone.

Netatmo Thermostat for Smartphone
Netatmo Thermostat for Smartphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Really glad I bought this!, 9 Mar. 2015
I looked at a variety of thermostats before deciding on this one, based on what facilities it offered as well as cost. 2 weeks after installation it cropped up as a lightning sale and I could have saved £40, but hey!

Installation took just over 1 hour. I had contacted Netatmo to verify that the thermostat would fit my boiler and they responded promptly with a link to the online manual for the boiler which contained a wiring schematic.

All I had to do was remove the front cover and unscrew the control panel. No further dismantling was necessary as all connections needed for installation were exposed

What took the time was trying to squeeze both mains feed and feed to the boiler adaptor into the same connector hole. Eventually, I just cut the soldered tails off the wires, twisted them and stuck them back in. Screwed the adaptor on the wall, fitted relay and tested that it was connected properly as per Netatmo instructions. Perfect.

Another 5 minutes to connect up a laptop to the relay and make the connection to the wifi network. Got the thermostat in the living room and soon everything was up and running.

Used iPad to adjust the pre-set schedules to my needs and thereafter the heating came on exactly when I had set it and switched off when the room reached the desired temperature and at the end of the schedule. Just over a week later the iPad indicated a notification that my heating requirements had been worked out and a personalised algorithm was ready should I wish to use it - which I did.

Now the system takes account of the outside temperature, having set the house location on a map in the app., and how long it takes to heat up the living room. So now when I want the house to be toasty, it is.

The app and webpage helped me see when the boiler was being switched on and for how long. As I only had a timer on the boiler in addition to radiator thermostats, I expect to see a real reduction in the amount of gas being used. The other rooms in the house are slightly cooler but as these are not used as much, it is not really an issue. If I move to another room then I just move the thermostat, or up the set temperature.

One thing to note if you, like me, have a stone built house. My boiler is in a utility room built on the rear of the house with a thick stone wall between. To avoid wifi issues, I installed a wifi repeater, which has worked well. The thermostat works well through the stone wall and an internal wall. However, if I move into a different wing of the house, the radio contact between the thermostat and relay drops out.

Looking forward to comparing this year's energy bills with last year's to see how the thermostat has impacted.

5 Cities  The Valencia Collection Hand Luggage, 42 Liters,  Plain Black Set of 2
5 Cities The Valencia Collection Hand Luggage, 42 Liters, Plain Black Set of 2
Offered by Luggage Travel Bags Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 20 Dec. 2014
Did the job. Lightweight but strong enough to meet our needs. Surprisingly spacious.

Dallahan
Dallahan

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Music, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Dallahan (MP3 Download)
This eponymous EP marks the debut of a band that will go far. The music is tight and draws on Irish and Scottish influences, as well as the style of the Hungarian fiddler.
The tracks are well balanced over the EP. This is a very professional piece of work.
Badcock’s vocals work well with Ryan’s banjo work and the nifty fingering of Tomás Ó Briain’s accordian and Jani Lang’s fiddle.
While there is much that has a traditional feel, especially the jigs and polkas, there is a contemporary edge to the other tracks where Badcock’s delivery provides a vehicle for a more modern instrumentation.
If you like the music of Altan, Lunasa or Lau then you’ll like Dallahan.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5