Profile for Mal > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Gardman Wooden Growhouse
Gardman Wooden Growhouse
Offered by Garden Selections

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal unit for small gardens. Sturdy and great value, 4 July 2014
Having tried the cheap metal framed units with plastic covers whci got brittle in the sun, I decided to go for somehting that looked better BUT
amazed how good it was.
Simple to assemble. It has a lift up lid that can be fixed slightly open to allow excess heat to escape. Seems very sturdy, I use old garden slabs on the base brackets to hold it down in the wind although and DIYer will have their own solution.

Wolf 1500 Watt SDS Heavy Duty Rotary Impact Hammer Drill 240v - Complete with SDS Drill Bits 8/10/12mm, 2 x Chisel Bits & Heavy Duty Storage Case. 3 Functions Rotary, Rotary with Impact & Chisel
Offered by UK Home Shopping - UKHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than expected. Worked like a dream., 4 July 2014
I should have bought one of these years ago.
Bought to drill into concrete lintels for hanging a blind into the recess of a window.
It is like using a normal drill into soft brick. Brings a smile to my face !
The instructions are not too clear on the settings. There is a drill setting, a hammer setting and a separate control for spin (as in drill) or non spin (as in chisel mode).
If you haven't used one before, the drill bit goes into the cuck and is locked in position by moving the chuck out and then releasing to let it pull back the drill bit and lock into place.
Quite heavy and bulky so difficult to drill close to a wall (as in any drill).

PAPER LOG BRIQUETTE MAKER RECYCLES ECO FIRE FREE FUEL BRICK BLOCK NEWSPAPER
PAPER LOG BRIQUETTE MAKER RECYCLES ECO FIRE FREE FUEL BRICK BLOCK NEWSPAPER
Offered by Electro World

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, NO problems whatsoever., 4 July 2014
Have made a several bricks out of shredded paper.
Soak shredded paper (I do this for a few weeks).
Add soaked paper to brick maker A BIT AT A TIME to get excess water out as you go along.
Continue to fill up brick maker pushing down by hand initially, not the handles.
Keep tipping out any excess water.
When full ( I do it about 3/4 full) open up brick maker
I put the removed brick in a greenhouse (anywhere out of the damp) to dry
I have had no problems at all with this and it is ideal for using up shredded items for extra security.

Panasonic SC-HTE80EB-K Wireless Speakerboard with Bluetooth Wireless Technology - Black
Offered by SKYWISH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value at £249 (inc 5 year warranty). Good sound and well designed., 4 July 2014
Far better than expected used with SAMSUNG with HDMI ARC connection UE40F6510 using TV remote for sound volume and Mute button.
Good sound quality, many features - see Panasonic site for details
http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/home-entertainment/sound-bars/sc-hte80eb.html (The -K is the black version)

The following is a thank you email sent to System Sound in Sudbury Suffolk where I purchased the unit with an included 5 year warranty. They gave me a demonstration attached to a SONY TV.

First of all I would like to thank you for your time you spent demonstrating and educating me on HDMI ARC attached devices.

I did say I would let you know how things went so....

It operated exactly as you described.
An HDMI cable plugged into the HDMI out on the SC-HTE80 to HDMI (ARC) in the Samsung TV allowed the SC-HTE80 to be recognized immediately. It was almost a bit of a shock that the TV sound came on, hesitated for a few seconds and then switched over to the Panasonic automatically. This happens each time the TV/SC-HTE80 is switched on, so no resetting of anything on the TV.

The sound options on the TV, as you expected became greyed out, but there ample controls on the SC-HTE80 anyway.

TV controls worked as you demonstrated for the Sony TV in your showroom, turning on both devices and allowing me to use the volume on my TV remote.

The SC-HTE80 as you are no doubt aware, has a number of different options to change to characteristics of the sound, by using the SC-HTE80 control, as you explained to me. I found this much less of a problem as we can switch (for example) to Cinema mode with the SC-HTE80 control when needed and then put the SC-HTE80 control down and just use the TV remote for sound levels.

There are a large number of features on the SC-HTE80 that could be useful but that I probably won't use although I have been through all except Bluetooth to see what happens.

The only thing I would mention that might help in the event that you have a customer with problems, is to make sure that the SETUP menu option 'VIERA LINK' is set to ON. Having had a Panasonic TV, I know that this is the Pansonic 'name' for HDMI ARC, but other customers using Samsung, Sony, etc. who use there own branded version of the standards may not be aware that this is necessary.

It is ideal for our use and in our case the black box is unobtrusive on the glass stand plinth that is the same as in your showroom.

I would recommend the SC-HTE80 and am happy for you to show my comments to any customers if they need persuading !

Many thanks again for your time and advice.

eTrader Direct - 4GB Waterproof Spy Hidden Wrist Watch Camera Video Recorder DVR Camcorder Webcam
Offered by Efine

4.0 out of 5 stars Camera Ok so far but how to adjsut the time/date dials?, 26 Nov. 2013
Pretty self explanatory instructions IF you have a magnifying glass.
Took a photo and short video within 2 minutes of following the small instruction sheet.
BUT
I am struggling with the time/date settings.
Pull out the dial opposite the USB port and (with difficulty) the time can be adjusted. It stops the sweep second hand so it can be fairly accurately set if required.
Either the small dials are dummy dials just for show or I can;t find out how to set them. If I find it is by pushing another button or something like that at the same time as changing the time, I will add some details.
Plugged the supplied cable into my USB and it had my test photo and video (Windows 7 recognized it immediately as an external drive).

So far so good but need to be very precise about the order the two (top left and bottom left) buttons are pressed.

One thing in the instruction that is not mentioned on the sale info is that it appears to have a method or auto recording when it senses a sound greater the 60dB. The manual states that it is able to go into auto record and switches off when quiet OR continues if the sound continues greater than 60dB. This is good if it works although 60dB is rather noisy and won;t pick up quiet movements.

Caltrad White Window Screen Mesh Net Insect Fly Bug Mosquito -- 4.2 ft X 4.9 ft -- Can be cut down to size
Offered by Tcity

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 27 Aug. 2013
All that was supplied was some fine netting which would be MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper from the local haberdashery. There was also some tape that could be used but as other reports have stated,this is cheap velcro tape with insufficient adhesion even when attached to a clean surface.
What would be far better was a stiffer mesh product, not a 'net voile' and a very strong adhesion velcro.
There was nothing in the advert that was technically incorrect, so I kept it and used a glue to stick to a frame. If only I knew, I could have bought this for 50p locally.

Rough Guide Map New Zealand
Rough Guide Map New Zealand
by Rough Guides
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars VITAL, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Rough Guide Map New Zealand (Map)
Extraordinarily useful on a 6 week trip to NZ in a motorhome.
Was used with a couple of other books and a map to help plan the trip and read things as we traveled around.
I would not advise only using this but buy book as well. The advantage with this was that it had a LOT of things marked for things to see, so for us, partly making things up as we traveled it ws the best thing we bought.
BUT if you are traveling in NZ, join the NZ motorhome club. We saved twice the cost of the ferry (i.e. only paid 1/3rd price) because we were members.

Toshiba PX1626E-1HE0 500GB StorE Alu2 USB 2.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and neat, 3 July 2013
Used extensively attached to laptop on vacation and even to a tablet (as long as you have a USB to disk socket). Some will not have enough power so read the tablet/phone specs.
Nowadays it is probably better to get a higher capacity but at the time of purchase it was ideal and good value. Can now get twice the capacity for what I paid, but it has been fine and is still used on vacations.

Warning Triangle - Red Travel Fold Up Safety Triangle In Case
Warning Triangle - Red Travel Fold Up Safety Triangle In Case
Offered by Profile Autones

5.0 out of 5 stars Low cost necessity, 3 July 2013
Bought as an extra as one is for caravan and one for car. Legal requirement to have one for each on some countries (and it makes sense anyway).

Gb euro sticker + Headlamp beam deflectors converters..
Gb euro sticker + Headlamp beam deflectors converters..
Offered by Family Motoring & Leisure

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than local store, 3 July 2013
Not reusable and I don't need the GB sticker.
I'd prefer to buy the headlamp adjusters but at the price I paid this was the best way at the time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7