Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

Karabar Ultra Lightweight Cabin Approved Bag - W55 x H40 x D20 cm (Green/Brown)
Karabar Ultra Lightweight Cabin Approved Bag - W55 x H40 x D20 cm (Green/Brown)
Offered by Karabars UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 July 2014
Pleased with product , exactly as described and arrived promptly. Recommend.

Shaving heads HQ8 HQ9 HQ177, new, alternative and suitable (fits) for Philips / Norelco shavers
Offered by shaver-parts

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 23 July 2013
Really impressed by the product and the service from this supplier.At half the price of the "branded" ones I have bought in the past I didn't expect them to be quite this good. I wouldn't buy heads again from anyone else.

Death of a Doll Maker (Akitada Mysteries Book 11)
Death of a Doll Maker (Akitada Mysteries Book 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another truly excellent book in the Sugawara series !, 23 Jun. 2013
Akitada as new governor in a distant province battles against local hostility and corruption. Tora and Saburo play full roles in solving parts of the case the threads of which weave brilliantly together at the end. A real shock on the last page !!!. Cannot recommend this series highly enough and I am keenly awaiting the next in the series.

Samsung S5830i Galaxy Ace Onyx Black
Samsung S5830i Galaxy Ace Onyx Black
Offered by Catch-up

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't play BBCi player, 10 Feb. 2013
BE WARNED !!!! IF YOU WANT TO WATCH IPLAYER , ITV PLAYER , 4OD ETC. ON THIS PHONE YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED ! IT HAS AN ARMv6 PROCESSOR AND AN ARMv7 IS REQUIRED.
THIS ALSO APPLIES TO MOST EMBEDDED VIDEOS , YOUTUBE WORKS OK ON MINE AND YOU CAN WATCH TV AND LISTEN TO DIGITAL RADIO VIA WIFI WITH SUITABLE APPS.
CAMERA IS NOT GREAT
MAPS , SAT NAV SEEM OK AND OTHER APPS WORK WELL. I DON'T PLAY ANY GAMES .
***** NOT A FULL-ON SMART PHONE***********

The Fires of the Gods (Sugawara Akitada)
The Fires of the Gods (Sugawara Akitada)
by I.J. Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant Sugawara mystery, 5 Feb. 2012
I found it difficult to get out of bed this morning! fortunately it's Sunday. I couldn't put this book down....2.30am when I read the last page. Once again Akitada with the help of Tora triumph over dark forces and court intrigue. This is without doubt the best series in the genre I have read, the characterisation and feeling for the period are unsurpassed. I recommend the reader begins with the first in the series "The Dragon Scroll" and follow Sugawara Akitada as his career and family progresses.Info. available at [...] ... well worth a visit. The next in the series is now available on my Kindle "Death on an Autumn River" ....can't wait to start !

The Masuda Affair (A Sugawara Akitada Novel)
The Masuda Affair (A Sugawara Akitada Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent read !!!, 5 Jan. 2012
Ms. Parker continues to delight and entertain with her Sugawara series. Excellent characterisation, plot and conclusion. Thoroughly recommend. Word of warning ! don't start reading after 10.00 pm ...you'll still be reading at 3.00 in the morning, they are that good. Seek out the others in the series, you won't be disappointed.

Washburn C40 Nylon String Classical Acoustic Guitar
Washburn C40 Nylon String Classical Acoustic Guitar

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor packaging, 11 Oct. 2011
We had a very disappointing experience with this product or rather the packaging. The guitar arrived direct from Amazon packed in an UNSEALED thin cadboard box protected only by one thick and one thin polythene bag. The guitar (which was intended for a birthday present) was damaged and has to be returned. Back to the High street for us !!!!....didn't get to try the guitar....might have been OK but we'll never know. Unlikely to buy a fragile item from Amazon again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2012 5:19 PM GMT

Shinju (Sano Ichiro)
Shinju (Sano Ichiro)
by Laura Joh Rowland

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not live up to my expectations, 20 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Shinju (Sano Ichiro) (Paperback)
I came to this book having just finished reading "Tokaido" by Lucia St Clair Robson, hence my disappointment. Ms Robson creates a suberb atmosphere of Japan during this period with excellent charactureisation, one really cares what happens to the main protagonists. The storyline is gripping building to a great final chapter. By comparison Shinju is lightweight the main characture Sano Ichiro a Yoriki (policeman) is lackluster. I didn't really care what his fate awaited him. I also found the dialogue in a modern idiom detracted both from my enjoyment and the atmosphere. I agree with the Denver Post review quoted in the book "you'll immediately recognise him (Sano) as an ancestor of Philip Marlow or Sam Spade and Kikrus Reviews "a Japanese echo of Presumed Innocent". I'd have bought the originals if I'd wanted these stories.
Having said that I'll give the author another chance with her next book "Bundori" before I move on.