Profile for H. E. Greenslade > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Nobby Transport Box/ Pet Carrier, 57.5 x 39.5 x 40.5 cm
Nobby Transport Box/ Pet Carrier, 57.5 x 39.5 x 40.5 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and Big!, 2 Jun. 2015
My previous cat carrier was one of the front loading type and actually quite small. I recently adopted a rescue cat who really didn't like being shoved in this box, so I decided a top loading box was required. After much research, I settled on this one and I'm so pleased with it. It's good quality, the clips feel sturdy and it's so big! My cat (granted, he's quite petite as cats go), but he can sit up in it, easily turn around and even lay out fully in it. Even for bigger cats it has plenty of room. It's so easy to get him in too, he's not frightened at all. Highly recommend this carrier.

LEGO Speed Champions 75899: LaFerrari
LEGO Speed Champions 75899: LaFerrari

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 April 2015
Bought this for my friends 6 year old son. He loves it!

Thin Matt White Ready Made Picture Frame, A4 Certificate Size, 21 x 29.7cm
Thin Matt White Ready Made Picture Frame, A4 Certificate Size, 21 x 29.7cm
Offered by My Frame

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 14 Nov. 2014
Bought these to display fire escape route signs around our office. They look great.

KAC Call Point Test Key - Pack of 10
KAC Call Point Test Key - Pack of 10
Offered by Select Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 14 Nov. 2014
Bought these to test break points for our fire alarm. They work brilliantly. Many thanks.

In the Land of the Long White Cloud (In the Land of the Long White Cloud saga Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully written, 15 Sept. 2014
I got this book as a free download and I loved it!! It's a long old book, but it kept me gripped at every page and I never once wanted to skip any. With beautiful descriptive writing and well developed characters, I felt I was living the book and didn't want it to end. I was equally as excited when I found out it was part of a trilogy! And can't wait to download the next one in readiness for my holiday. Highly recommended!

Leftovers
Leftovers

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic, realistic read..., 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Leftovers (Kindle Edition)
Having read Newman's first novel Pearshaped and thoroughly enjoying it, I have just finished Leftovers and I think I preferred this more!

The characters are well developed and feel 'real', so often I read books where the heroine just doesn't feel like someone you would meet in real life. The main character Susie, is mid thirties and loves a good meal and a glass of wine. She has her faults and is effortlessly funny. The relationships with her friends are honest, none of them are perfect and I genuinely feel like I would like to get to know these people.

The storyline wasn't as predictable as I thought and it didn't have the expected, generic 'happy ever after' either, which was refreshing.

I love the food references, (being a foodie myself) and how the author manages to divulge 3-4 recipes in the body of the story (if you look out for them - Grandmother's Bolognese being one!)

I'd thoroughly recommend this book as an easy read, for food lovers and chick lit lovers alike.

Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop
Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars An Easy Summer Read, 11 Aug. 2013
I got this book for my birthday and the cover for starters is most inviting. And I wasnt disappointed. I knew what I was getting, a predictable chick lit where all comes good in the end and that's exactly what I got. It really is a great little story and I read it in one afternoon and massively craved a big bowl of gelato afterwards!! Highly recommended for a holiday read

War Brides
War Brides

5.0 out of 5 stars Adored this book, 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: War Brides (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book! Brilliantly written characters, all with different but great personalities. I thought it was a great insight into 'war life' and a great story. Some of it was a little far fetched, but it is fiction after all. Some other reviews noticed poor editing and spelling, I think it has since been edited professionally, so the copy I read was almost perfect, I think I spotted one typo.
Highly recommended and I will be looking out for the authors second book.

Pear Shaped
Pear Shaped

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Read, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Pear Shaped (Kindle Edition)
This was my first Kindle purchase, having never heard of this author and I loved it!!

Fabulously written, brilliantly funny and quite true to life, for me personally. Im sure we've all allowed ourselves to be treated badly by a man and blamed ourselves for it. Yes you scream at the character Sophie to get a grip, but I think if we're honest we've all been fools in love. But we get there in the end.

What makes the book even better is the food references!!! And at the end of the book the author makes reference to the places to buy the delcious creations. Im off to New York this year and Im going to check out these places!!

Outrageous Fortune
Outrageous Fortune
by Lulu Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Average..., 3 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Outrageous Fortune (Paperback)
Ive just finished reading this book and found it distinctly average. I didnt find the characters particularly likeable and it seemed to me that the author thinks by throwing in a few designer clothing brands makes the story 'glamourous'. The story did come together that the end, but I found it all very far fetched (although I know this is the point of a fiction novel). Im a big fan of a 'bonkbuster' and read alot of Jackie Collins, one of the original (and best) authors of this genre. My advice, if you really want a classy, fast paced read, try Jackie Collins. I wont read a Lulu Taylor book again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3