Profile for Huth > Reviews

Professional Scythe Sharpener Stone - Heavy Duty
Offered by AP Motor Store
Price: 5.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Scythe sharpener does the job, 10 July 2013
This scythe sharpener does the job. You might need a finer grain stone as well for an old blade, but I have found this enough so far. I especially like its size – easy to keep fingers away from the blade.

Sirdar Snuggly Snowflake DK Knitting Wool/Yarn Milky 630 - per 25g ball
Sirdar Snuggly Snowflake DK Knitting Wool/Yarn Milky 630 - per 25g ball
Offered by Creative Craft Centre
Price: 1.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to knit, 27 Feb 2013
Hard to knit because it has so little stretch and the fluffiness can make finding the stitch awkward. Knitted up well into the Snow Dog though. Not sure I'd use it again.

A Year of Doing Good: One Woman, One New Year's Resolution, 365 Good Deeds
A Year of Doing Good: One Woman, One New Year's Resolution, 365 Good Deeds
by Judith O'Reilly
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Melodramatic and self-centred, 27 Feb 2013
I have to admit that I came to this with a negative attitude because something about telling others of your good deeds doesn't sit right with me. There are some good passages (usually when the author is not talking about herself) but largely I found it melodramatic and hard going because of what seemed to me to be the self-centred approach to good deedery.

Trick and Treat: How Healthy Eating is Making Us Ill
Trick and Treat: How Healthy Eating is Making Us Ill
by Barry Groves
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas catch on, 5 Aug 2010
We came to the same conclusions long ago and do not eat 'heathily' according to popular advice. In reality we eat very healthily. My youngest daughter, conceived and born naturally when I was 44, is now nine. She is the child least often absent from her school, looks healthier, is fitter than and taller than many of her peers. The main basis of her diet? Bread (home-made and containing lard, seeds, ground almonds, and eggs from our own free range chickens), butter and cheese. Except for making pesto and salad dressings, for which we use olive oil, we cook with beef fat and pork fat. We start from raw ingredients and eat foods people have been eating for thousands of years. How could that be wrong? It's good that more and more people have the chance with this book to find out.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2012 11:10 AM BST