Profile for 2Angels > Reviews

The Sweet Escape
The Sweet Escape
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic follow up to L.A.M.B!!!, 11 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Sweet Escape (Audio CD)
I am really annoyed because if I hadn't took any notice of some of the negative reviews about Gwen's second album I would have bought it sooner rather than 3 and half years after its release - criminal! The only plus side is that I bought it for a fantastic low price off of Amazon. I love this album just as much as L.A.M.B and I never thought I would. Not only do I love the tracks that she released from this album (although I absolutely hated 'Wind it Up' when it was first released but now me and my 2 little 'uns are singing it in the car absolutely loving it!), but all the other tracks, even the slightly obscure ones like 'Yummy' and 'Breakin' up'. I think with this cd Gwen has gone down more of the hippy hoppy road and why not, as opposed to her more rockier poppier L.A.M.B but to me both work! Definitely recommended - I think Lady Ga Ga could take some lessons from Gwen! Looking forward to her next album...

Christmas Album
Christmas Album
Offered by Mattpuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Spirit the Jackson 5 way!, 9 Jun 2010
This review is from: Christmas Album (Audio CD)
Oh how I love this cd! Just to have Michael's voice sweetly singing these Chrismas ditties is an absolute pleasure especially as he loved Christmas. It is so heartwarming to hear him singing back in the day when, apart from working his socks off and not really having a proper childhood, he was carefree and had all his life ahead of him! This is a must for any MJ fan and anyone who loves Christmas!

Mel B - Totally Fit [DVD] [2008] [NTSC]
Mel B - Totally Fit [DVD] [2008] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Mel B

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally FAB!, 4 May 2010
I love this DVD! I have a range of workout dvd's and this one is definitely there along side Davina and Nell. God did I sweat and huff and puff and I do class myself as fairly fit what with going to the gym at least 2 times a week and also completing workout dvd's around that too! The good thing about this DVD is that you can set your own routine right from the start and choose what you want to do for that session. However, I did try the whole dvd and can honestly say I ached like anything and still do!

Mel B is a very competent instructor and I do believe she has found a good niche for herself to fit into. She did inspire me in each section and she was sweating too (although I am sure the Los Angeles sun also was a factor!) and was working out hard. This is not for the faint hearted but those who are serious about exercise. I am so pleased this is part of my DVD workout collection and I will be returning to it over and over again!

Patsy Palmer - The Urban Workout [DVD] [2001]
Patsy Palmer - The Urban Workout [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Patsy Palmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually makes you sweat!, 19 April 2010
As well as going to the gym every week I have a varied collection of workout dvds, my favourites being Nell and Davina. I thought I would try this one as some of the reviews were quite good. I didn't expect too much from it but can say I have pleasantly been surprised by it - I did work up a sweat during the 3 cardio sections. I have got to say that all of the sections were a tad too short for me (especially the abs section and the lunges), but I have put this into my 'short of time' category along with a few others that are quite short which, when pushed for time (being a working mum of two) can be a godsend if your original plans of doing a longer workout or even popping to the gym go astray! Patsy is very encouraging and comes across as a lovely person. The music is also good and tracks which you will recognise.

I think this is streets ahead than her Ibiza Workout which I bought as well but do not like at all, especially the male dancer/instructor who makes the whole thing a farce. The female instructor in this one though does seem more serious but in a good way and it is great to see her and Patsy making mistakes a few times and that really spurs you on. The camera angles do get annoying at some points when you are trying to concentrate on the steps and need to look at Patsy's and the instructor's feet but for some reason the camera is aiming at their faces...but other than that it is a good little workout.

Recommended but really for a day when you are pushed for time! I am glad it is in my collection anyway.

Welcome to Temptation
Welcome to Temptation
by Jennifer Crusie

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 10 April 2010
This review is from: Welcome to Temptation (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. I have never read any of Jennifer Crusie's books up until now and I am so glad I stumbled across this little gem! I will now be reading her other books and can't wait. This book was a page turner, one which I devoured within 2 days and couldn't put it down. It is truly a chick lit/rom com sort of book but is written from the perspective of the leading male character as well as the leading lady's character. I fell in love with these characters especially Phin the Town Mayor...he was definitely yummy and sent my pulse racing! A must read for anyone...you won't be disappointed!

Natalie Cassidy's Then & Now Workout [DVD]
Natalie Cassidy's Then & Now Workout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Natalie Cassidy
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 1 April 2010
I avidly go to the gym and do workout dvd's of which I have a vast collection of and I can definitely say this is right up there for me, definitely in my top 5 at least. I felt like I had gone the gym and carried out a session there from the sweating I was doing. I love Dee Thresher and have the Charlie Brooks and Letita Dean workout dvd's she also featured in. She really is enthusiastic and inspires you to push yourself to the limit and beyond. Natalie Cassidy seems to have a really good bond with her too which helps. It also helps that you can see Natalie is finding certain moves hard and is sweating like I was. I really recommend this dvd as you do honestly get out what you put in!

Jessie Wallace - Look at Me Now Workout [DVD]
Jessie Wallace - Look at Me Now Workout [DVD]
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I Bought it!, 1 April 2010
I have many workout dvd's (over 30 all in all - a bit obsessive...) and go to the gym weekly so do consider myself to be no stranger to keeping fit and like to push myself. I bought this dvd as I was curious to see how Jessie Wallace would rate in a workout dvd. I had seen her on Loose Women earlier on in the year whilst I was off of work ill, obviously promoting this dvd, and that had whet my appetite. The negative reviews on here did make me think twice, but then I thought what the hell as I have discovered that other fitness dvd's I have bought in the past, which fellow reviewers have slated, have turned out to be fine in my opinion and I am hard to please.

And thankfully this was the case here. I did sweat and felt like I had worked out hard. I found Jessie to be very much like an excitable puppy but in my book that is a good thing and can be put down to her sheer enthusiasium of discovering the joys of working out and the results gained. I found her to be pleasant and actually did not mind one bit her reminders of 'hold yer tummy in' etc. I did not find her fake or false, she just genuinly wanted you to experience what she was and good on her - she did do the harder versions of the exercises and her instructor showed the easier options, whereas she could have easily opted to show the less strenuous versions and the instructor the harder ones. Her Personal Trainer has been slated on some of the reviews here but to be fair, he is a personal trainer who probably does not train his clients in front of a camera each day of the week, so I can understand his slight uncomfortable demeaner. I wouldn't say he is wooden but again he is not the most charasmatic, but hey he is there to show you the routine and to train and to be fair that is what he does and Jessie inspires you enough as it is.

I am glad I purchased the dvd, it ticked all the right boxes for me, and being a fan of Davina and Nell McAndrew, I was surprised and pleased that it did. I will be using this dvd over and over again along with my others. It might not be everyones cuppa, you can see that from the varied reviews here on Amazon, but it is a little gem and good on yer Jessie and thanks!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2012 10:26 PM BST

WAGS Workout [2007] [DVD]
WAGS Workout [2007] [DVD]
Offered by simply-well-priced

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!, 9 Mar 2010
This review is from: WAGS Workout [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I have a large collection of workout dvd's and didn't know whether to purchase this one, most of the reviews on here and Ebay were quite positive so I thought I what the heck! So pleased I did buy it, I am fairly fit and was pleasantly surprised at the workouts. They are split into three workouts but as they are all fairly short I did all three in one session which lasts about half an hour, so if you are pushed for time this is a great dvd to get. You do feel that you have worked out as the trainer (who is very fit I might add and not only in the workout sense of the word!!!) does push you. The 3 wags are all at different levels of fitness so, you, like them, can push yourself as hard or as little as you want to. I bought this dvd just for the workouts alone, I haven't viewed the other parts of the dvd as of yet in connection with make up etc so cannot comment on them, but just for the workout alone I have given this 5 stars as to be quite honest I didn't think it would be much cop but can say I was glad I was wrong. This is one little gem I will be using over and over again when I am pushed for time to complete one of my longer workout dvds!

Michael Jackson: The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story
Michael Jackson: The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story
by J Randy Taraborrelli

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book you MUST have in your Collection!, 4 Mar 2010
I have just literally finished this book and feel bereft! I just did not want it to end at all...for me, whilst reading this fantastic book, I felt MJ was actually still alive, not just alive in the way I feel when listening to his music (which being a fan is most days) or watching a DVD about him, but actually alive living his life...but alas that is not the case.

This book has got to be one of my favourite books of all time. The author has researched his material well and as he knew Michael Jackson from when they were both young children and their lives interacted as time went on through both their choosen career paths, I feel that he is more than qualified to write this autobiogrpahy. If you want to know the real Michael Jackson this book is the book to read. Whereas Moonwalk, Michael's own Biography was very interesting and I loved reading it, it was quite sugar coated because, as we all know, Michael was an immensely private person, so only told the reader what he wanted them to know and nothing more, however, this book is written by someone who isn't biaised in anyway and made MJ 3D as opposed to 2D - basically human! I wanted it to go on and on and did not want to get to the final page, but as this was inevitable I finally read the last page earlier today with tears in my eyes. To do this book justice it really needs to be read through again...so lets get that kettle on and start from the beginning.....

Dance It Off With Vicky Binns [DVD]
Dance It Off With Vicky Binns [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vicky Binns
Offered by Jasuli

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab way to lose weight and enjoy yourself!, 18 Feb 2010
I love this work out dvd! I was a bit worried when I purchased it as I am not the best dancer! I get there in the end but am no way like Michael Jackson was and get the dance moves first time!!! I need to go over moves...but I thought what the hell give it a go! So pleased I did - the three dance cardio sections are great and there were a few steps that I didn't get at first but I pleasantly surprised myself and got there in the end, and even if I did struggle I just blagged it knowing that the more I do the dvd the better I will get! The routines also incorporate aerobic moves which are given a dance slant, which makes it all the more doable. I absolutely sweated in this work out and I do consider myself fit what with going the gym where I do push myself. This is a little gem and I shall be do this dvd over and over again. Vicky Binns comes across as genuine and passionate about the workout and has a good rapport with her trainer, which helps to gee you up whilst your doing the dvd. This one sits up there with my Nell DVD's!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5