Profile for Seaside Sal > Reviews

Knitting (Instant Expert)
Knitting (Instant Expert)
by Ros Badger

5.0 out of 5 stars Hurrah for a great modern knitting guide, 20 Dec 2008
This is great - I had been looking for a book to teach myself more than the very basics of knitting and this book takes you by the hand and really explains all the ins and outs of everything, from casting on right up to some of the more complicated stitches. There's even a history of knitting which is fascinating. This is a wonderful book for everyone from novice knitters right up to more skilled readers who want advice or inspiration on more complicated techniques and ideas. The tone is friendly yet informative - and having seen author Ros Badger's beautiful designs for children (previously available mail order and now as patterns in her Little Badger Knitting Book), she clearly knows what she is talking about.

Little Badger Knitwear: Knitted Projects for Babies and Toddlers
Little Badger Knitwear: Knitted Projects for Babies and Toddlers
by Ros Badger

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 20 Dec 2008
At last! Having bought lots of wonderful Little Badger knitted clothes for my many godchildren when their mail order company was still running, I was devastated when they closed down just when I had a baby of my own.... But here in this book are instructions to make some of my all-time favourites - the four-button coat dress, the little three-button jersey, not to mention their fabulous star and heart designs - much copied but never equalled or bettered. The photography is stunning - way and above what you'd expect from a knitting book - and a little personal introduction on each piece is a nice touch. Some of the designs are a little too complicated for a novice knitter such as myself, but I am giving it to others in the hope they might make my daughter something from it!
A fantastic book.