ARRAY(0xb12fe7b0)

Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset
Price: 21.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine., 31 Dec 2013
The Plantronics M55 headset works fine connected to my Samsung GSIII and to my Google Nexus 7 - it has been used for regular calls on the mobile,and occasionally playing music on both devices. Sound has been clear with plenty of volume, battery life is fine, and the audio prompts regarding battery life and connections given when starting the device are useful. Pairing is easy to do, and making connections once paired is simple.

The fit of the headset is fine, though occasionally I accidentally disconnect a call as I move the earpiece for a more comfortable fit.

My main complaint is that I cannot get the headset to work with Windows 8.1 on my Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook - this was intended to be the primary device for use with the headset, in order to make Skype calls. This seems to be a Microsoft/Acer issue rather than with the headset itself. I have tried replacing and re-installing bluetooth drivers but so far have not managed to get the headset to work. The Acer S3 recognises the headset bit simply will not keep the bluetooth connection. Hopefully new drivers will be released soon.

Gusti Leather Genuine Messenger Business Briefcase Satchel Shoulder Bag Vintage College University School Bag Laptop Unisex B8

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, great price., 29 Jan 2013
The bag arrived on time and was even delivered to the apartment door by the postman. The bag is very nice quality leather and has generated many admiring comments. My only concern is that the leather dividing the interior pocket from the main compartment is made of very thin leather and looks as if it will tear if anything is pushed in too hard.

The bag has been bought to replace my old Crumpler messenger bag, as I wanted something a little smarter (more mature) than a canvas messenger bag, but don't want a briefcase. Also I no longer need to carry a laptop around, only a tablet and smart phone set me up for the day. A happy customer.

PowerSmart Replacement Laptop Battery for Dell Inspiron 700m, Dell Inspiron 710m, [14.80V,2000mAh,Li-ion]
Offered by ukbattery
Price: 24.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 29 Jan 2013
The battery slotted into the laptop, and starting charging straight away. So far it has been working fine. Only a delay in receiving the battery, necessitating several emails to the vendor, a number of premium rate phone calls to the post-office and then having to visit 2 post office depots at the opposite ends of town in driving snow prevented me giving 5 stars.

The Marine from Mandalay
The Marine from Mandalay
Price: 2.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Real Page Turner, 30 Dec 2012
This is an excellent portrayal of one soldier struggling to survive under horrendous conditions. The formalised writing style and use of some 'old fashioned" terminology helps to position the reader during the time of the action. A great read.

Frontline: A Soldier's Story
Frontline: A Soldier's Story
Price: 1.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written, 4 Aug 2012
This book is very poorly written, especially when you consider it its supposed to be a revised edition. The subject matter and storyline are great and very interesting. However the constant spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, make some parts quite annoying to read. If you need an editor let me know, I'm always prepared to work for a commission.

Where Soldiers Lie
Where Soldiers Lie
Price: 1.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor choice of font., 4 Aug 2012
I bought this book a few months ago, but I keep putting off reading it - the font is very difficult to read, when it is made big enough to be legible on an iPad.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2013 1:51 AM BST

Killing Time at Catterick
Killing Time at Catterick
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars So Bad..., 4 Jun 2012
I have never written a review before, but this book was so badly written that I felt compelled to say something. The language is so badly structured that whole paragraphs are unintelligible, the slang that is used is unreadable, and the storyline is juvenile at best. The subject matter and the characters are on the whole offensive, the endemic racism made me think it was situated in the 1950's - but no it is supposedly modern day Britain. Having served with the British Army I was saddened at the attitude of the characters and their outright racism. I very rarely leave a book without finishing, I gave up somewhere in chapter 3. Even for 99p it wasn't worth it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2012 2:18 PM BST