Profile for Kevin Leah > Reviews

Kevin Leah (Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Patterson Medical Escape Light Wheel Chair Seat 46 cm - Russet Orange
Patterson Medical Escape Light Wheel Chair Seat 46 cm - Russet Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it will easily fit on the back seat of a VW Golf, 14 April 2016
The chair met all my expectations in terms of features and quality and I think all the other reviews have said everything there is to say on that subject. My biggest concern was how much space it would take in the car. It is needed for a forthcoming holiday and there will be three of us plus luggage. It is always a tight fit to get everything in the boot, so I was concerned how much space this chair would take away. Ideally I wanted it to fit on one side of the back seat. Even though the chair folds, I was concerned it would still be an awkward shape.

Well my fears where unnecessary. Not only does it easily fit, there is still space for other stuff. As you can see from the picture, there is even still space for the centre armrest.

The only minor negative comment I can make, is that the picture on the product page shows straps on the foot rest. There are no straps or fixing for straps on the chair I received.
Comment Comment | Permalink

RC iPad Air Case, Slim Smart Cover - Ultra Lightweight (iPad Air Case), Black
RC iPad Air Case, Slim Smart Cover - Ultra Lightweight (iPad Air Case), Black
Offered by Rhino Cases

2.0 out of 5 stars Title says it all. It has a hard plastic back, and this soon cracked after holding it by the edge when taking photos., 31 Jan. 2016
Very brittle back cover, lasted a month

Masterplug SRGDU62PB USB Charging Surge Protected 2 m Extension Lead Power Block with 6 Sockets
Offered by nonstopbargain

2.0 out of 5 stars Missed opportunity with underpowered USB ports., 28 Dec. 2015
Solid and well made, ideal for your desktop, except the USB ports are underpowered. It will just about charge a single device, but it seems that if you try to charge two devices at the same time, the power is shared between the two, so takes twice as long. As to high power devices, like an iPad, there is simply not enough power. The iPad will say "not charging", but is is actually charging, but at a very slow rate.

if this had two (or more), high power USB ports, it would be worthy of a top rating. As it is, the USB ports might as well not be there as I still have to plug nomal chargers in the mains plugs.

Sony Jacket Case for Cyber-Shot HX90/WX500 Camera
Sony Jacket Case for Cyber-Shot HX90/WX500 Camera

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case - easy access to the camera and it's features, 18 Jun. 2015
Two parts fit nicely around the camera, and the lens cover can be kept attached so you don't have to search for somewhere to put it whilst you take a picture.

I had the version for the older DMC-HX50V - compared to that I think this is not quite as good. On that case, the LCJ-HN, the top overlaps the top of the camera making the case rain proof in most circumstances - If the rain was falling from above - it could not enter the case. Unfortunately, for the LCJ-HWA, sony did not included the overlap, so rain falling from above could run down the side of the camera. It still provides pretty good rain protection, but I would have preferred the older design. The only advantage I can see for omitting the overlap, is it makes the case smaller.

On the plus side, compared to the old model, they have included a foot, which makes it a lot more stable resting on a flat surface.

Overall, I much prefer this type of jacket case, which stays attached to the camera - it is much more convenient than keeping the camera in a normal camera bag.

6x Screen Protector for Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90 Protection Film - Crystal-Clear, Bubble-Free
Offered by protectionfilms24 (screen protectors)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my Camera (Sony DSC-HX90V). Good value, 4 Jun. 2015
Perfectly fitted over the LCD on my camera and easy to fit. They are what you pay for, so not the toughest screen protectors on the market, but they will take the scratches instead of you precious screen, and that is what I needed.

Craghoppers Men's Corfu Shorts - Dark Navy, 40-Inch
Craghoppers Men's Corfu Shorts - Dark Navy, 40-Inch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking but sizes come up very small., 4 Jun. 2015
Nice looking shorts but Craghoppers need to be a lot more consistent with their sizing. I Needed to go two sizes bigger than with their Kiwi shorts. And one size bigger than with their Kiwi Pro shorts.

Puma Men's Essential Sweat 9-inch Bermudas Short - Peacoat, X-Large
Puma Men's Essential Sweat 9-inch Bermudas Short - Peacoat, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable fit, well made and look good, 4 Jun. 2015
There won't be much Sweat going on in these shorts, I bought them for lounging around indoors and in the garden. And they are perfect for that.
Nice a lightweight and perfect length. Nice deep pockets too. Just ordered another two pairs.

Merrell All Out Blaze Sieve, Men Low Rise Hiking Shoes, Multicolor (Castle Rock/Green Oa), 10.5 UK (45 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable Walking Sandal, 28 May 2015
Prior to these I had some Keen Newport Sandals, which have a similar look. I was about to order a new pair when I spotted the Merrells in a magazine review. They look very similar but without Keen's trademark, huge, bumper over the toes and as I wasn't a great fan of that feature - I thought I'd give the Merrells a go.

Look wise there are a lot less intrusive. Comfort wise, they are pretty incredible, I hardly know I am wearing them. The heal strap is so comfortable that at first they felt as if they were not secure on my feet. But they are.

I like the elasticated laces with the adjustment clip - must better that normal laces and definitely better than the Velcro alternatives.

Balla Powder For Men - Tingle Formula
Balla Powder For Men - Tingle Formula

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you fresh, 10 April 2015
You know what it's for - and it does it's job well!.

As to the tingle, well either I am quite insensitive or the effect is very subtle - you just feel fresh, down under.

Uppercut Deluxe Pomade Gift - Black
Uppercut Deluxe Pomade Gift - Black
Offered by TOP SHELF BARBER SUPPLIES

5.0 out of 5 stars My Pomade of choice, 10 April 2015
Tried many produces like this over the years but this is by far the best.

I usually wash my hair every 4-5 days or so. After the wash I wait until my hair is almost dry (the product says apply to dry hair - but I find it is too tacky then) - then comb and brush into place. It stands up to all but the strongest winds.

Between washes, each morning I dampen my hair and comb into place - there is usually enough pomade left to keep the styling, perhaps with a little top-up on day 3 - 5.

When it comes to washing - the pomade washes out easily - no need for repeated shampooing, unlike with some other products.

My hair style is an classic undercut. (about 6 inches on top)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6