Profile for Cleo > Reviews

Content by Cleo

Cleo (Belgium)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Clarks Womens Orinoco Hop Biker Boots  Brown Braun (Brown Snuff) Size: 4 (37 EU)
Clarks Womens Orinoco Hop Biker Boots Brown Braun (Brown Snuff) Size: 4 (37 EU)
Offered by Blunts Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets, 11 Nov. 2014
These are seriously good boots: they're super comfortable (think walking for miles without having sore feet), you can adjust how tight you want them to fit because of the laces and there's a zipper also (on the side of the boots) so once you have adjusted the laces you don't have to waste anymore time putting them on - which I like very much.

They have antislip rubber soles, have some smart cushioning on the inside for extra comfort while walking and the colour is exactly as shown. The quality - as I have come to expect from Clarks - is really decent. They don't look too bulky - like you are ready to go for a hike in the mountains - so you can wear them for whatever occasion you like.

I'm a size 4 (UK - European size 37) and they fit perfectly. Beware if your feet are broad because mine are narrow and they fit snugly, so you may want to take a size bigger if you have wide feet or want to wear thick socks in them. Otherwise look for them in size Wide (E) instead of Standard (D), as Clarks makes them in both sizes.

In short: you won't regret buying these!

Glitterville's Handmade Halloween: A Glittered Guide for Whimsical Crafting!
Glitterville's Handmade Halloween: A Glittered Guide for Whimsical Crafting!
by Stephen Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Whimsical crafting for Halloween you will love, 1 Oct. 2014
Living in Belgium, where Halloween isn't really a big thing and where a lot of people don't even know what exactly it is about, I surely hadn't heard of Glitterville or Stephen Brown before. So when I went looking online for a book to make some nice Halloween stuff myself, I saw this book and got a little excited: it looked so much fun! And guess what: it totally is.

It's just a treat to anyone who likes holidays and crafting: the book is so beautifully designed and colourful. The author's enthusiasm oozes from the pages and the whimsical style is lovely. Everything is really well explained so anyone can make these 20 projects. Bonus: the materials needed for them are inexpensive and most of them you will already have or else are really easy to come by.

The projects are: Cellophane Fancies, Buckets of Fun, Paper Festooning, Oh So Wicked Party Hat, Chenille Pumpkins, Halloween Candy Garland, Butterscream Frosting Ornament, Nut Cups, Pinky's Pumpkin Patch, Mushroom Man on a Stump, Wackie Willie Webber Spider Puppet, Lumber Jack, Spooky Forest Sticks and Orange Candy Apples, Party Hat Place Card Holders, Glittered Cat Silhouette Party Hat, Harvest Moon Halloween Hanger, Kooky Cupcake Picks, Pumpkin Tiara, The Bride of Franky Glitterstein, Trick or Tweet (a little raven in a nest).

Some of the projects have variations included and every project starts with a rhyme - which are well written and often quite funny.

The book not only made me really keen on wanting to try everything in it, but made my imagination soar to high tops thinking about customizing the projects or make my very own. What more can you ask for as a crafter? Highly recommended.

Sinister [DVD]
Sinister [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ethan Hawke
Offered by MusicnMedia

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like it, but don't let that hold you back, 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Sinister [DVD] (DVD)
This review isn't about bashing the movie, it's about telling you what my personal experience was watching it. A lot of people gave this movie a very good score, and I firmly believe people are entitled to like or dislike something for their very own personal reasons - which are all valid. For me, the only thing sinister about this movie was its title. Let me explain.

The story (in short, no spoilers): a crime scene writer goes to live with his family (wife, daughter and son) in a house where a murder took place, as to better write a book about it. He finds tapes in the attic and when watching them, discovers clues of the murder. By doing so he uncovers something that puts his life and that of his family in danger.

I found the characters as flat as the story and sometimes downright annoying, which made it impossible for me to feel anything for anyone. As for the scares in it, I'm really not that difficult to please but boy, another lengthy scene of the lead character walking from point A to B in his house without anything happening and badly done? Come on. And when I finally got to see something relevant, I found it so predictable, ridiculous (what was the make-up department thinking?) and illogical that it just could not scare me. Also, the ending held no surprises for me.

I thought it started out promising, and it surely had a lot of ingredients to make something nice. But it just didn't deliver. It's not that the actors are all bad: actually, Ethan Hawke looked like he really made an effort. But that's about it. For me, anyway.

My opinion: watch it and see for yourself if you like it or not!

The Raw Chocolate Company Organic Lucuma Fruit Powder 150 g
The Raw Chocolate Company Organic Lucuma Fruit Powder 150 g
Offered by Healthy Foods Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet lucuma powder, 2 Sept. 2014
I really love lucuma powder especially to use instead of not so healthy sugar. It has a sweet and fruity caramel sort of flavour, and best of all it's healthy. It dissolves easily and is not grainy in texture. Recommended.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark [DVD]
Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark [DVD]
Dvd ~ Guy Pearce

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably good horrormovie, despite its flaws, 29 Aug. 2014
If you're a fan of gory horror with lots of blood and body parts flying around, you may not like this movie very much, as this one tries to give you chills by creating an unsettling atmosphere of the likes of a fairytale - mythical creatures and beautiful setting included - that has gone wrong.

As I personally prefer those kind of movies over other horror genres, I quite enjoyed this one, although it must be said it has some flaws (which I will discuss later).

Without giving too much away from the story (no spoilers): Sally (Bailee Madison), a young girl of about 10 years old, is sent to live with her father Alex (Guy Pearce) and his girlfriend Kim (Katie Holmes), both architects/interior designers and temporary owners of yet another home they are restorating. Since her mother is too busy with a new boyfriend to want her daughter around, Sally is sent off to her father - with whom she does not have a close relationship and clearly resents him for his girlfriend Kim, who is perceived as meddling and as a threat by Sally.

The home Alex and Kim are restoring is a beautiful old mansion that harbours some secrets, and in wandering about the house and its garden to get as much away from her father and Kim as possible, Sally uncovers a dark threat that has been hidden away for many years and will probably cost her life.

The good: the acting, the scenery and decors, the atmosphere, the pace, ...
The not so good: it may be a bit childish to some, the storytelling isn't always logical and thus irritating at times, some examples of truly bad parenting, and I thought the creatures (meant to be scary) were kinda funny and cute (I know, right? But then again, this isn't necessarily a bad thing: remember the Gremlins?).

I guess what I learned from movies like this, is that it is a very personal experience and you either find it creepy and enjoyable or plain boring. And don't expect perfection either, not in storytelling or otherwise, you just won't get it. Still worth a watch, in my opinion.

Colourworks 5-Piece Square Cookie Cutter Set
Colourworks 5-Piece Square Cookie Cutter Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 29 Aug. 2014
Good cookie cutter set, does the job and they are strong and sturdy enough for what they are meant to do. I really liked the low price, the fact that you can just pop them in the dishwasher and the very handy sizes (it had absolutely every size I was looking for).

What more can you want from a cookie cutter?

Jessica's Raw Chocolate Recipes
Jessica's Raw Chocolate Recipes
by Jessica Fenton

5.0 out of 5 stars A real little gem of a book, 29 Aug. 2014
This book really caught me by surprise as I didn't think I was going to get much value for this price. But in fact it is a beautifully designed (hardcover) book with really good and realistic pictures (in colour) of each recipe and with an array of delicious chocolate recipes that are ideal for anyone who wants to try out some raw food. Only very few of the recipes require more "advanced" raw equipment like a dehydrator, and if you don't have one you can always use your oven on a low setting with its door open - so don't let that scare you.

Everything is well explained: from the recipes themselves to the ingredients (that can sometimes be unfamiliar but are still easy to come by, especially if you're familiar with ordering on the internet) to the equipment you need for making the chocolate recipes (mostly very basic kitchen equipment).

The ingredients can sometimes be pricey, but I have found that with raw chocolates a little goes a long way. They are very filling and satisfying, keeping you from wanting to stuff your face as you would (as I would) with regular chocolate.

Just try it out, you will very probably be pleasantly surprised - as was I.

Bling Jewelry Sterling Silver Gold Plated CZ By The Inch Florence Necklace 16in
Bling Jewelry Sterling Silver Gold Plated CZ By The Inch Florence Necklace 16in
Offered by Bling Jewelry

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful fine and sparkly chain you will love, 5 Jun. 2014
The chain is as described and so rather fine, but I find this adds to its beauty: it's delicate and shows off the shiny cz stones even better and looks really classy on the neckline. I bought the 16 inches length necklace and there were 10 stones on it, which I found was exactly the perfect amount. The chain is adjustable in size.

The clasp is sturdy, the chain overall well made and will last for a good number of years if taken care of properly. Just don't expect it to last you a lifetime, because it probably won't: let's be honest here, you get what you pay for!

Recommended seller, arrived quickly and well packaged. Chain was a bit tangled, but just give it a bit of a shake and it untangles easily.

Simply Glamorous Jewellery And Gifts Shop - 18ct Gold Filled Stud Pink Bezel Cubic Zirconia Earrings 5 mm
Offered by simplyglamorousjewelleryandgiftsshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful earrings you will love, 2 Jun. 2014
These earrings are very well made, very sturdy and good quality and not cheap-looking at all. They are exactly as described and as in the picture shown above. I found the size of the earrings also perfect. The seller made sure they were well packaged for transport and I got them quickly, which is always nice.

The pink colour of the cubic zirconias is pretty and looks good on grown ups too, as it is a "mature" kind of pink colour. The butterfly backs are a good size and are also sturdy, and the stones are set in a see-through setting, which adds to the sparkle.
It would have been nice to have more pictures of the earrings, seen from the side and the back, as it is not always easy to buy jewellery online but I certainly do not regret buying these.

Also good to know: I'm an allergic-to-almost-everything kinda person, and I have been wearing these earrings all day long and have had no discomfort at all.

kala-isbijoux-Ladies 18ct Gold Plated Multicolor CZ Bracelet ( Length 7,08" )
kala-isbijoux-Ladies 18ct Gold Plated Multicolor CZ Bracelet ( Length 7,08" )
Offered by isbijoux

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful sturdy and stylish bracelet, stones can be a bit sharp, 26 May 2014
This is a well-made sturdy bracelet that won't break easily. It has beautiful shiny coloured stones (that I found were just the right colour for me), it doesn't look cheap and the fastening is sturdy also, but easy to use when putting the bracelet on or off (which can sometimes be hard to do, imo). I found the length to be just perfect: my wrists measure 14 cm all around, I have small hands and it fitted me perfectly. The gold plated colour is also very nice.

Just one little note: the stones have a flat shape only on one side (as seen in the picture), on the other side they are pointy. I find the sharpness of the stones against my skin a bit bothersome, and so I will have it taken care of at the jeweller. But some people might not even notice the sharpness, and I do have quite sensitive skin. I'll leave it up to you to decide on this matter!

All in all, I found the bracelet good value for the price and I am happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3