Profile for Francisco > Reviews

Content by Francisco

Francisco (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
CiT G Force Gaming Case with 15 LED Blue Front Fan - Black
CiT G Force Gaming Case with 15 LED Blue Front Fan - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably good if you're not using watercooling, 25 Jun. 2016
I bought this thing to use with MSI 970 Gaming AMD AM3 GBE LAN ATX Motherboard and ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 240, High Performance CPU Water Cooler with Four 120 mm Low Noise Fans, 240 x120 mm Radiator, MX-4 Thermal Compound included. There are radiator holes drilled at the top but, with the motherboard and memory in place, there wasn't enough space for the radiator by itself! I couldn't see a way of getting the top off so couldn't get around that. Never mind, I tried at the front. There was space there for radiator and 1 set of fans. However, there were no mounts so no way to fix it. It's pointless having the space if you don't have anyway of securing it.

Apart from that the case looks reasonable.

Beto Bike Floor Pump with Dual Head (for Presta & Schrader valves)
Beto Bike Floor Pump with Dual Head (for Presta & Schrader valves)
Offered by SDJ Sports Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Gauge does not work, 20 Jun. 2016
I bought this as a gift for my mother. I was there when she opened the package. I used it on my bike and after a couple of burst tubes it became clear that the guage of the bike is wrong -- it displays a lower pressure than is really the case. If you ignore the gauge the pump does fill tyre with air.

In short pumps up tyre but cannot rely on gauge.

MOBILE PC COMPUTER STAND / TROLLEY WITH LOCKING SWIVEL WHEELS (Black)
MOBILE PC COMPUTER STAND / TROLLEY WITH LOCKING SWIVEL WHEELS (Black)
Offered by Stolmet Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for all cases., 12 Jun. 2016
For the case I have (CiT G Force Gaming Case with 15 LED Blue Front Fan - Black) the shelf partially blocks the PSU air intake. I'm keeping it in case a future case can use it but I would be wary about using this for any case that has fans on the underside.

Schwalbe Snow Stud Tyre: 26" x 1.90 Reflex Wired. HS 268, 47-559, Performance Line, Kevlar Guard
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not perfect., 16 Jan. 2016
I bought this set because Schwalbe Marathon Winter Performance Wired Tyre with Raceguard 240 Spikes Winter Reflex 1150 g (50-559) - 26 x 2.00 Inches was too large for my bike and refused to say on the rim.

Good:
Can use all use all year round (inflate to a higher pressures in the summer)
Good at gripping road in ice and snow

Bad:
Causes bike to vibrate so hard to make hand signals at low speeds

Warning: It may be a good idea to ride slowly because your brakes may experience problems and the one time when I did skid a bit was when my wheels locked.

Kit Water-Resistant Bicycle and Motorbike Case for Large Smartphones Including Galaxy S3/S4 - Black
Offered by Modern-Tech

2.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and useful for a time, 20 Oct. 2015
When I first got it I loved it. It's easy to install and easy to put the top off half on and off. However, it was great for a couple of months but then the teeth of the zip came apart.

Squire Eiger Compact Shackle Lock - Blue, 14.5 cm
Squire Eiger Compact Shackle Lock - Blue, 14.5 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars Good lock, bad carrying bracket, 7 Aug. 2015
Good:
It's Gold rated
Unlike Magnum (and associated companies) locks it doesn't need to be oiled virtually every use to keep running.
It has a plastic slider to protect the keyhole from the elements.

Mixed:
It's small: This is good because it can fit on my bike but it also means that also limits the range of fixtures that the bike can be connected to.

Bad:
The thing that lets it down is the carrying bracket:
The first lock I had, one of the screws broke when I tightened it. I was sent a replacement.
I tightened the second one as far as it would go but I admit that I was cautious about over tightening it (given my previous experience).
For the first few days it was great at holding the lock but, after a while, the lock stated to swing out whilst I was riding. Whilst the bike's in motion bracket slowly falls (less than a cm a minute). I raise it every day now and the paint on that bar is being rubbed off.
There is one good thing about the bracket: becuause it uses strips of plastic to lock with, it may be locked onto a bar with control cable(s) running along it -- the strips may fit between the bar and the cable(s).

In short it's a good lock let down by its carrying bracket.

Poweradd Pilot C Ultra Compact 10000mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Pack for iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S 4, (Apple Adapters Not Included), iPads, iPods, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4, Note 4 3 2, HTC One M8, LG Optimus, Blackberry Z10, Nokia Lumia, Tablets, MP3 Player, Digital Cameras, Android Smart Phones and Other 5V USB Charging Devices-Black
Offered by Poweradd

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 12 July 2015
This has proved useful in charging my smartphone when a plug in charger is not practical for one reason or another. It holds enough charge to charge it a few times. The ridge pattern makes it easy to told and less likely to slip out of your hand.

The two downsides it has are: It is heavier than I would like and it takes several hours to charge.

Some LEDs light up to show how much charge it has when you press the button or when you connect a device to charge. They disappear after a few seconds (if reason for LED is device being connected) or after you release the button.

In short it's useful but it is a bit heavy.

[Apple MFi Certified] TANNC® Lightning to USB Cable Charging Syncing Cable for iPhone 6s / iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s Plus / iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone 5s / iPad mini / iPad air / iPod, 3.3Ft (1 M) - White
Offered by TANNC-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Apple's lead, 12 July 2015
I had my doubts but I'm glad that I bought this. I'll update this review if ther situation changes but it really does work better than Apple's own lead. With my Apple lead my iPod would update most of the time. Even when it did, it gave me an error. With this lead, I've not had an error as yet.

Game of Thrones - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Game of Thrones - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean

2.0 out of 5 stars Depressing, 12 July 2015
I bought this because I like fantasy and everybody was talking about GoT. However, I found this overly complex and it seems to be contrived to always end on a sour note. Just when you thought some progress had been made, you're knocked back.

Cooling pad, HAVIT HV-F2056 15.6-17" Laptop Cooler (3 Fans)
Cooling pad, HAVIT HV-F2056 15.6-17" Laptop Cooler (3 Fans)
Offered by SBOX Store

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets, 12 July 2015
Recently I've been using my laptop for demanding stuff and it was getting hot. I am so glad that I bought this. It helps keep my laptop cool and due to the light, it's easy to see when it's on.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18