Profile for purple-dub > Reviews

The Way Back Home Gift Set
The Way Back Home Gift Set
by Oliver Jeffers

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing package, 23 Oct. 2011
i bought this as a gift for my nephew's birthday - because the boxed set of oliver jeffers' books was out of stock - and i was disappointed by the amount of 'empty' moulded plastic packaging. i love his books, and i even thought the 'walkie talkie' would appeal (although i wouldn't normally buy such an item if i hadn't left it to the last minute) but in all honesty, if i had seen this in a shop i wouldn't have bought it.

Run Away from Fat: The 90-day Weight-loss Programme
Run Away from Fat: The 90-day Weight-loss Programme
by Dave Kuehls

5.0 out of 5 stars worked for me!!!, 31 Jan. 2011
three times RAFF has helped me shift weight and get fit (there are health reasons why i didn't keep up the running between times) and i'm just about to embark on the programme again to shift my baby weight before summer. it might not be the best technical guide but it's in manageable, motivational chunks. at school i was always the kid who walked the cross country course, and always thought i couldn't run. by the end of the book i was running 4 miles a day 6 times a week, and loving it! it's hard to start with, but well worth the effort.

ANGELSOUNDS GREEN FETAL DOPPLER + 1 BOTTLE OF GEL
ANGELSOUNDS GREEN FETAL DOPPLER + 1 BOTTLE OF GEL

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 29 Jun. 2009
I didn't expect such an inexpensive doppler to be much good, but I bought it after three miscarriages to alleviate my anxiety.
It's easy to use, picks up the heartbeat and other noises almost as well as the one the midwife uses, and is great for a bit of reassurance whenever it's needed.
Not the doppler's fault, but a warning for anyone else in my position - it can increase anxiety if you're that way inclined, as it's not always easy to find the heartbeat straight away. Try low down, and try tilting the angle of it; use plenty of gel.

Braun Silk-épil Xpressive 7781 Wet & Dry Rechargeable Body & Face Epilator
Braun Silk-épil Xpressive 7781 Wet & Dry Rechargeable Body & Face Epilator

5.0 out of 5 stars epilation's come a long way!, 29 Jun. 2009
I bought this after seeing the TV ad campaign; I had an old-style epilator which I'd probably used less than 10 times in 10 years as just thinking about it brought me out in a sweat and brought tears to my eyes!
I'm so glad I bought this - I haven't even used it in water as I haven't needed to. I find I don't even need to use one hand to stretch my skin taut, it's just like using a shaver.
In fairness, I'm a regular waxer, so I'm probably desensitized - I tried it on my husband and he nearly went through the ceiling! The bikini line is a bit ticklish, and I wouldn't even contemplate using it on my underarms or my face!!!
It keeps its charge really well, and it's great to have a cordless epilator. A good investment which will save me a lot of trips to the beauty parlour, and pay for itself in no time.