Profile for Mrs. C. W. Mead > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. W. Mead

Mrs. C. W. Mead "Caroline Mead" (Southampton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
MOFRED® Black Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8" Case-MOFRED® Retail Packed Executive Multi Function Standby Case For Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 -8 inch Tablet + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 4 Mar 2014
Highly recommended for the Samsung Galaxy tab 3 8", Order this for my son for Christmas to go with his new tablet and he is still please with it after a couple of months of using it every day. He usually doesnt keep his gadgets in their cases but he has this time. Good for standing the tablet up whilst watching a movie etc. Very please with quality and price.

Samsung Aqua Pure Plus DA29-00003F Fridge Water Filter For American Style Fridge Freezers
Offered by Finerfilters Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Samsung at a much cheaper price, 4 Mar 2014
Ordered two of these and they are original Samsung so very please with my purchase.Will be ordering again when I need more.

BRITISH BULLDOG Fine China Gift Boxed Britannia Cup And Coaster Set
BRITISH BULLDOG Fine China Gift Boxed Britannia Cup And Coaster Set
Offered by Flutterby Jewellery

4.0 out of 5 stars Item as described but the mug was smaller than expected., 16 Sep 2013
Ordered this as a replacement mug which I thought was the same as the one I already had but this one was a lot smaller so a little disappointed but not the sellers fault.

TRIXES HEADSET HEADPHONE MICROPHONE FOR XBOX 360
TRIXES HEADSET HEADPHONE MICROPHONE FOR XBOX 360
Offered by Digiflex

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 12 April 2013
Second pair of these in 6 months, speaker stopped working. I suppose you get what you pay for, only £3.99

Roxio Game Capture (Xbox 360/PS3)
Roxio Game Capture (Xbox 360/PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a 5 star - additional lead required, 5 Feb 2013
Bought this for my teenage son for Christmas. He wasn't able to use it on Christmas day as it didn't come with all the required leads. We purchased the required HDMI AV cable for the Xbox from Argos for £14.99 and then let my son get on with setting up. He seemed to be ok with it just a bit of help from his dad with connecting up the leads. Some many leads, what a mess it all looks but he is happy as it does what he wanted. Record his accomplishments on COD and then edit and upload to YouTube. The only thing he said he didn't like is the fact that when you create an edited video from an original, if you delete the original it also deletes the edited one too. Not sure if he is doing this right though. He has used up 225gb of his 250gb hard drive with his captures so he needs to sort it out.
He is now wanting to use it on his PS3 too but yet again he needs an additional lead. Not going to Argos this time, as I have found one on eBay for £3.50, he just has to wait for it to arrive now. All in all we are happy with our purchase.

SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
Offered by Online Pet Doors

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, best on the Market by far, 25 Nov 2012
We originally purchased the standard small version from our local pet shop. We wanted to replace our old 'Cat Mate' magnetic one with a microchip version as our old moggy had become allergic to her collar and she was already micro chipped. The standard version of the SureFlap has a small flap (142mm (W) x 137mm (H)) compared to our 'Cat Mate' one we were replacing, I'm sure small or younger cats would manage it OK but our cat is use to a large flap and she is not quite as agile as she used to be and probably would not have been able to manage a smaller flap. We returned it to the pet shop and exchanged it for this new larger version (SureFlap Microchip Pet Door (opening 178mm (w) x 170mm (h)) which has just been released on to the market (Nov 2012). Although the larger version retails at £120, if you can afford it then it is worth paying the extra especially if you already have a large hole otherwise you will need to buy the adaptor plate for £9.99 to cover the hole and if you intend to buy the draft excluder upgrade kit as well (£14.95) then it definitely is worth investing in this new model. This larger version comes complete with the draft exclusion around the flap and also comes with a curfew mode which allows you to program the door to lock and unlock at specified times. An added bonus on this larger model is that it comes complete with a microchip tag to put on your cats collar should they not be micro chipped.

Comparing the SureFlap Pet Door with others cat flaps, I believe that this is the best one on the market although I'm not able to comment on how long the batteries last yet. On this larger model, the batteries are supposed to last for 12 months as it has two battery compartments (one on each side) requiring 4 C size batteries.

My advice if you cant afford the larger model and do decide to opt for the standard small SureFlap model is don't just go for the cheapest one on offer on the internet as it might be one of the older standard models which don't have the draft exclusion built in and therefore you may find yourself buying the upgrade kit afterwards. The new standard small model now has the draft exclusion so ask the seller before you commit to buy and don't just rely on the photos of the product as it might not be the actual one you receive.

Oh and its very sturdy, great quality and looks fantastic too. One happy owner and one extremely happy collar free old moggy (\___/)
(>'.'<)
(")_(")
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2013 2:16 PM GMT

Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap
Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap
Offered by Online Pet Doors

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product but small flap, 25 Nov 2012
We purchased the Sure Flap cat flap from our local pet shop. We wanted to replace our old 'Cat Mate' magnetic one with a microchip version as our old moggy had become allergic to her collar and she was already micro chipped. This version of the SureFlap has a small flap (142mm (W) x 137mm (H)) compared to our 'Cat Mate' one we were replacing, I'm sure small or younger cats would manage it OK but our cat is use to a large flap and she is not quite as agile as she used to be and probably would not have been able to manage a smaller flap. We returned it to the pet shop and exchanged it for the new larger version (SureFlap Microchip Pet Door (opening 178mm (w) x 170mm (h)) which has just been released on to the market (Nov 2012). Although the larger version retails at £120, if you can afford it then it is worth paying the extra especially if you also need to buy the adaptor plate (£9.99) to cover any existing larger hole, and if you intend to buy the draft excluder upgrade kit as well (£14.95) then it definitely is worth investing in the new model instead. The larger version already comes complete with the draft exclusion around the flap and comes with a curfew mode which allows you to program the door to lock and unlock at specified times. The larger model also comes complete with a microchip tag to put on your cats collar should they not be micro chipped.

Comparing the SureFlap Pet Door with others, I believe that this is the best one on the market although I'm not able to comment on how long the batteries last yet. On the larger model, the batteries are supposed to last for 12 months as it has two battery compartments (one on each side) requiring 4 C size batteries.

(>'.'<)
(")_(")

Old England Richard the Lionheart 5'x3' Flag
Old England Richard the Lionheart 5'x3' Flag
Offered by Emblems-Gifts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Dec 2011
Item as ordered and is of good quality and a good price. Very happy with my purchase. Cant wait to see it flying on the 20ft pole in the garden. What will the neighbours will say when they see it lol.

Special Offer...England (St. George) Flag Polyester 3 ft. x 5 ft (approx)
Special Offer...England (St. George) Flag Polyester 3 ft. x 5 ft (approx)
Offered by My Swift

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and quality, 31 Dec 2011
Item as ordered and is of good quality and a good price. Very happy with my purchase. Also ordered the Richard the Lionheart flag which my husband cant wait to get flying on the 20ft pole in the garden. Not sure what the neighbours will say though.

Flite Punisher Mag Boys BMX Bike - Gloss Black, 20 Inch
Flite Punisher Mag Boys BMX Bike - Gloss Black, 20 Inch

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Handlebar Assembly, 25 Dec 2011
The bike looks great however unfortunately it doesnt look likey that my son will be riding his new bike today on Christmas Day as the handlebars wont tighten up. We have followed the number sequence for tightening the bolts but the handlebars just keep moving. The instructions dont provide any further information on this, so if my husband doesnt sort it then it will be sent back to Amazon first thing next week.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2011 10:45 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2