Profile for menacedude > Reviews

Content by menacedude

menacedude

Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (Xbox One)
Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (Xbox One)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little shooter, 1 Mar 2014
First of all I would like to mention that this is not a traditional plants vs zombies game, instead of the 2d tower defense style, this is a 3rd person shooter. When I first saw this game many months ago I wasn't sure how it would convert, I'm pleased to say they have done a great job. I have been playing this for a couple of nights now and it's really addictive fun, it is online multiplayer only (so yes you will need xbox live) you can either team up to take on the zombie horde or 24 player team death match. The presentation of this game is fantastic and the graphics which while not mind blowing are more than adequate plus when hordes of zombies are running at you, you don't have time to stop and admire the scenery. Don't listen to reviews slating this for not being 1080p, this is just sour ps4 owners who spend their time trolling xbox one sites as they don't have any games to play (and yes I own both consoles). My only gripe with the game so far is it can sometimes take a while to find a game and can dropout before a match starts, but hopefully this will be sorted out with a patch in the future. Overall if your after a fun colourful break from the dullness of cod or battlefield I would highly recommend this game.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great technical showcase for ps4, 30 Jan 2014
This game has absolutely stunning graphics and if this is what ps4 is capable of then I cannot wait to see what future releases look like. However, if you scratch away the surface all you are left with is an average shooter. I have only completed 3 chapters and already bored with it. I was really hoping this game would be better than it is, having not long completed Killzone Mercenary on the vita which was awesome. If you are new to the series I would suggest either Killzone Mercenary or Killzone 3.

Sony PS4 Console (Black) and LittleBigPlanet 3 (Online Game Code)
Sony PS4 Console (Black) and LittleBigPlanet 3 (Online Game Code)

3.0 out of 5 stars Stick with ps3 for now, 18 Jan 2014
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Bought the ps4 on launch day along with Assassins Creed, Killzone and Knack. It's great console but I would advise anyone thinking of getting one to wait till some more games come out. While I really enjoyed Assassins Creed, I have now finished it and that has left me with Killzone and Knack which in my opinion are average games. I am now back playing my ps3 till some more games become available for ps4.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2014 4:09 PM GMT

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
Offered by Oligopoly Charity

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassins Creed is back, 21 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Previous to this, AC2 was the last assassins creed game I really enjoyed, brotherhood, revelations and 3 were all average. When I saw this game released I was like "yawn, yet another assassins creed game", however I bought a ps4 at launch and with limited software to choose from I reluctantly decided to give this ago. I am so glad I did because in my opinion this is the best assassins creed in the series so far.

Firstly as this is on a next gen console I feel I should talk about the graphics first, which are absolutely stunning, I've stopped many times to look at the scenery, the water effects are beautiful and the detail on the Jack daw is amazing. I am roughly half way through the game and have experienced no stuttering or slow down so far.

The Jack daw sequences themselves are awesome, you get to free roam around the open ocean as captain of your own pirate ship discovering hidden treasures and locations as well as battling rival ships, which once defeated can be used to upgrade or repair the Jack daw or can be added to your own fleet. This is so much fun I have spent nights just doing this and not even bothering with the main story.

In terms of gameplay it's usual assassins creed with free running and stealth kills, the odd frustrating moment when the controls don't seem to do exactly what you want them to (this is the same in all assassins creed games), however this is not enough to take anything away from the game.

If you already own, or are getting a ps4 for Christmas I would highly recommend this game from the launch line-up.

Rayman Legends (Nintendo Wii U)
Rayman Legends (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Moviestation limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Mario, 5 Sep 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The only words I can use to describe this game are, a masterpiece

I have been gaming since the days of the NES and i reckon this is right up there with the best platform games I have ever played. Initially this was to be released early 2013 but was delayed due to porting over to other consoles, I'd say it was definately worth the wait. Ubisoft has done a fantastic job. The graphics are absolutely stunning, the gameplay is fantastic and the soundtrack really compliments the amazing level design, the gamepad has also been well integrated.

I played Rayman Origins and enjoyed it but this is such a massive leap forward. While New Super Mario Brothers is still a good game it has been pretty much the same since it was originally released on the DS years ago, Rayman has now become the king of the platform games in my opinion. Any gamer (whether casual, hardcore, young or old) should have this game in their collection.

Challenge mode adds replay value by competing on online leaderboards against other players around the world.

Its also refreshing to have such a colourful and feel good game in a generation dominated by war games.

I would imagine the Playstation Vita version would work well, as this has also has a touch screen.

Tank! Tank! Tank! (Nintendo Wii U)
Tank! Tank! Tank! (Nintendo Wii U)

3.0 out of 5 stars let down by gameplay, 30 July 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Really wanted to like this as I am a fan of arcade style games. I thought the graphics and the presentation were great, however where this game fails in my opinion is the gameplay. It uses auto aim so you just drive your tank within range of the enemy and press fire which requires very little skill, plus you can only travel in the direction the turret is facing which is really annoying. This game could have been epic if they had just sorted out the gameplay issues and added online multiplayer. I would seriously advise spending your money elsewhere.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate  (Nintendo Wii U)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars stick with it, 29 July 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've read reviews of people saying this game is too tough, has lazy controls etc, but my advice would be to stick with it. I bought this game and found it frustrating at first and nearly sold it, however after giving it another chance i'm glad i kept it. Around 30 hours played so far and i love it, nights can just disappear. If you have a wii u, buy it! Even if you haven't, buy a wii u for this game.

Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U)
Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars nintendo finally in hd, 29 July 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I absolutely love this game, the graphics are gorgeous and slick, controls are fluid (remote & nunchuk are best), difficulty can be tough but rewarding. I found myself caring about the pikmin and not wanting to leave any behind. Great to finally see a game that shows what the wii u is capable of graphically. Amazon delivery arrived next day through prime.
Overall very happy with purchase.